Films 2015 - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will we get a movie about some fat cheetos eating jarhead bitch who has killed dozens using her drone?

You can almost write the script yourself...

"Then she valiantly signs off her computer and heads down to McDonalds after obliterating yet another wedding party.... (cue patriotic music)"

Word

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your looking for a laugh watch Bad Grandpa.almost wet maself when he caught his tadger in the vending machine.

Agreed. The beauty pageant for kids was hilarious also. What a shower of c'vnts were in amongst the parents! :angry:

Couple of Tom Hardy films

The drop - with James Gandolfini, think it was his last film. Good crime drama.

Warrior - couple of years old. Reminds me of the mid 90's boxing film Gladiator. I love this film, not much of UFC fan but reckon this is really well done. Some cliches out of the Rocky / The Wrestler script but the acting makes up for it.

Couple of Tom Hardy films

The drop - with James Gandolfini, think it was his last film. Good crime drama.

Warrior - couple of years old. Reminds me of the mid 90's boxing film Gladiator. I flipping love this film, not much of UFC fan but reckon this is really well done. Some cliches out of the Rocky / The Wrestler script but the acting makes up for it.

if you like hardy check out "locke"

its just him in a car with a phone for 90 minutes

sounds shit.e but i was glued to the screen

Lucy - watched it coz I enjoyed The fifth element and I believed this was the same geezer. Total pish. Avoid.

Coherence - this is a 2013 film lower budget quantum physics based sci fi - it was ok if a little predictable.

Agree with the Rover comments - the mad guy (Mike from neighbours?) tracks them across country like a man possessed and they don't think to check what is the boot? Aye arch crims them ones.

Godzilla was entertaining.

Edge of tomorrow - s'awright.

Still Guardians of the Galaxy for film of 2014. Hollywood is deeply ed.

edit: oh Blue Ruin (2013) - not bad worth a watch.

Edited by thplinth

Watched Taken 3 last night at the pictures. I had doubts anyway given it's a man past 60 years old smashing the bejesus out of fit 30 year olds. But it was worse than I could've imagined. Dougray Scott's awful American accent did provide the odd snigger.

Watched Taken 3 last night at the pictures. I had doubts anyway given it's a man past 60 years old smashing the bejesus out of fit 30 year olds. But it was worse than I could've imagined. Dougray Scott's awful American accent did provide the odd snigger.

All Dougray Scott's accents are awful including his own

Inherent Vice

Total bollocks. One of the worst films I've seen in a long time. Mega irritating, impenetrable, impossible to follow. It's not fair to describe this as a film - it's an endurance test.

I somehow managed an hour and fifteen minutes of its baffling two and a half hour runtime. I have no idea why anyone would want to sit through it that long.

That's the worst film i've seen in a long time.

Working in the back of beyond with weekend trip to local town that has one cinema - my justification for Taken 3 and American Sniper.

The former almost got to the point of being unbearable, air con and no other alternatives made me sit through this utter pile of steaming pish! Taken 2 is the Bicycle Thieves to this - Dougray Scott save Neisen from looking like a cock in this though only just! Plot with more holes than TartanJon's special room at Bennets!!

American Sniper. It's Generation Kill for the hard of thinking (some of the same actors interestingly enough). The film is vapid one dimensional shite saved by a big budget and a decent leading actor. But me it's got the moralality of a 1950's cowboy and injuns film but without a grain of self awareness.

In real life Kyle was a bit of a and quite clearly psychopathic, the film humanises him by skipping stuff like context and facts and is aimed at the dumbest of hick town hicks. Apparently it gets lots of folks a hooting and a hollerin in the Deep South, no doubt the audience then finish their big gulps and put the White hoods on and go string up some black kids.

Guaranteed Oscar material btw, followed by an immediate increase in shooting of Middle Eastern looking folk living South of the Mason Dixon line!

Thank Paddington is next up at the local picture hoose!!

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

Working in the back of beyond with weekend trip to local town that has one cinema - my justification for Taken 3 and American Sniper.

The former almost got to the point of being unbearable, air con and no other alternatives made me sit through this utter pile of steaming pish! Taken 2 is the Bicycle Thieves to this - Dougray Scott save Neisen from looking like a cock in this though only just! Plot with more holes than TartanJon's special room at Bennets!!

American Sniper. It's Generation Kill for the hard of thinking (some of the same actors interestingly enough). The film is vapid one dimensional shite saved by a big budget and a decent leading actor. But badger me it's got the moralality of a 1950's cowboy and injuns film but without a grain of self awareness.

In real life Kyle was a bit of a bunny rabbit and quite clearly psychopathic, the film humanises him by skipping stuff like context and facts and is aimed at the dumbest of hick town hicks. Apparently it gets lots of folks a hooting and a hollerin in the Deep South, no doubt the audience then finish their big gulps and put the White hoods on and go string up some black kids.

Guaranteed Oscar material btw, followed by an immediate increase in shooting of Middle Eastern looking folk living South of the Mason Dixon line!

Thank badger Paddington is next up at the local picture hoose!!

TT

:rollsmile:

I admittedly haven't seen the film (nor do I want to if I'm honest) but I was astounded to read that some film critics and academics in America who have criticised American Sniper have been subject to threats and abuse !

From reviews on here I'm guessing that it's a bit of a "Wooooo USA #1 !" and "Support our troops ! Go USA !" kind of film.

A film (or TV series) I'd really like to see is a docu-drama on the life and war service of Noel Godfrey Chavasse. An English doctor with a French name who served in a Scottish regiment during WW1. He won the VC twice (which has only ever happened to two other men) for personally rescuing dozens of men under heavy fire and was fatally wounded winning his second VC. A far more deserving subject I think.

I admittedly haven't seen the film (nor do I want to if I'm honest) but I was astounded to read that some film critics and academics in America who have criticised American Sniper have been subject to threats and abuse !

From reviews on here I'm guessing that it's a bit of a "Wooooo USA #1 !" and "Support our troops ! Go USA !" kind of film.

Went to see it last night and expected it to be like that, But i wouldn't say it was.

Was a good film, felt a bit like call of duty at times, but i suppose they were trying to give a representation of what is happening out there.

A film (or TV series) I'd really like to see is a docu-drama on the life and war service of Noel Godfrey Chavasse. An English doctor with a French name who served in a Scottish regiment during WW1. He won the VC twice (which has only ever happened to two other men) for personally rescuing dozens of men under heavy fire and was fatally wounded winning his second VC. A far more deserving subject I think.

The main protagonist has been proven (in court and everything) to be a bit of a fantasist on a number of issues, from shooting looters during Katrina to knocking out 63 year old Jesse Ventura cause Ventura was saying SEALS needed to die, his estate owes Ventura just under $2 million in damages.

There was a finish sniper in the russian war who's story is much more impressive in the same context.

Went to see Whiplash last week and thought it was excellent. A film about jazz drumming shouldn't be that gripping but it really was and JK Simmons is tremendous.

Watched '71 during the week there and was a bit disappointed in it. The premise of it is excellent (Brit squaddie stuck behind enemy lines in 1971 Belfast) but it didn't really go anywhere and I felt they didn't make good use of Jack O'Connell. With a few tweaks it could have been a much better film.