Strachan Comments - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Quite a few tweets appearing regarding Strachans comments on goals on sunday programme this morning.

Apparently suggesting that something should be done to ensure that Hibs, Hearts and Rangers are all in the top flight for next season!

I haven't watched it so just wondering what the real context is from those who did see it?

Its a personal opinion and he is entitled to it. There is some decent young talent across all three teams and GS wants them available for selection playing at the highest level in Scotland.

But apparently he was suggesting that the rules should be "manipulated" to allow all 3 up for next season! Surely you don't agree with that :blink:

Its a personal opinion and he is entitled to it. There is some decent young talent across all three teams and GS wants them available for selection playing at the highest level in Scotland.

They should go to bigger clubs in the transfer window in that case. :ok:

Complete and utter pish. The three teams have no one to blame but themselves, if they can't get promotion fairly and squarly then tough titty

From a Hibby

Correct, however a 16 or 18 team top flight is the way forward for Scottish Football

Correct, however a 16 or 18 team top flight is the way forward for Scottish Football

agree

needs to be sorted out before the season started though, you cannot move the goalposts mid season

whether its Hibs, Hearts or Rangers or even two of the three that remain in the championship for next season they will only have themselves to blame

I can see what he is trying to say, but suspect the media are jumping on it more than what it really is......

Yes, ideal world the SPFL would have Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in it..... but that is football and there is only room for 2 of them (and even then, no guarantee that more than 1 will go up) and given Strachan is a Hibs fan, would not surprise me if there was a element of tongue in cheek about it knowing that Hibs are not really in the pack at the moment.

right I've seen it, he's says

"Somehow we need to get these 3 teams (Hearts, Hibs, Rangers) back, and some folk say well you canny manipulate it, well I think you have to, to get them back in because then the game will grow again"

I'm dissappointed in that. I know he's an outspoken wee guy but thats out of order. The 3 teams mentioned find themselves outside the top league purely by their own doing. To bend the rules to promote 3 teams regardless of where they come in the league is wrong.

Hugely disappointing comments from the National coach.

Rangers are where they are because of their financial irregularities and Hibs/Hearts are where they are because every other SPL team put them there.

These comments are massively insulting to the other SPL teams.

Yes, ideal world the SPFL would have Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in it.....

Nah, ideal in an ideal world the SPFL Premiership would have the 12 best teams, who have fairly earned the right to be there in it.

Which it does.

Strachan should shut his trap about such matters and concentrate on the job in hand. You cannot "manipulate" things to ensure certain clubs in the top league. Utter bullshit.

But you can manipulate things to ensure clubs get into certain leagues so I wouldn't be surprised if this actually does happen.