New SNP leader - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without trying to be sexist ..a nice big bottom too

image.jpeg.07df6bd897e116f7c9b7230a6eda7943.jpeg

1 hour ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

All I want is unity, infighting to stop & we still have a chance of a good result in General Election- appointment of Kate Forbes is a clever & sensible move

The only sensible move, sadly. She gets the smallest possible portfolio - economy and gaelic (really!!), not sure what economy even covers that the finance secretary doesn't already have.

And everyone else keeps their job???? what a missed opportunity to clean house

5 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Hope she get finance secretary as well

Hopefully she’s remembered where the millions of pounds worth of unaccounted Covid relief dosh was put since she was last in post

37 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Very disappointed in the cabinet, Robertson still holds on, Somerville is absolutely terrible, hislop also,, bizarre really 

Considering accusations of “racist tories” often eminate from SNP quarters his cabinet isn’t very diverse

Maybe that’s been syphoned off with the amount of time Angus Robertson spends in flying to foreign lands to his kid on embassies while the whole party cries “climate crisis”

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Greens, wokies, those in same sex marriages, and transexuals losing their shit because Kate Forbes is going to put them all in a concentration camp 

Always be wary of those attacking her on that basis because it is clearly bollocks and she has no interest in rolling back anybody's rights

John Mason might but not her

Kate-Forbes-500x500.jpg

I saw she was asked if she had a message for the LGBT community, and she deflected to say something about Swinney's premiership - ducked the chance to say something more specifically reassuring.

18 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Considering accusations of “racist tories” often eminate from SNP quarters his cabinet isn’t very diverse

Maybe that’s been syphoned off with the amount of time Angus Robertson spends in flying to foreign lands to his kid on embassies while the whole party cries “climate crisis”

What were these accusations? What has been 'syphoned off'? Do you think the climate is not a concern?

45 minutes ago, exile said:

I saw she was asked if she had a message for the LGBT community, and she deflected to say something about Swinney's premiership - ducked the chance to say something more specifically reassuring.

Considering the media nearly destroyed her a year ago and twisted her words she did the right thing

Give them fuck all

11 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hopefully she’s remembered where the millions of pounds worth of unaccounted Covid relief dosh was put since she was last in post

You wil need to elabarate, is that the same money the uk goverment wasted on track and trace?

13 hours ago, Northern Light said:

The only sensible move, sadly. She gets the smallest possible portfolio - economy and gaelic (really!!), not sure what economy even covers that the finance secretary doesn't already have.

And everyone else keeps their job???? what a missed opportunity to clean house

Minister for independence role has been scrapped. Regardless of whether folk felt it was achieving anything or not , or  that it didn’t previously exist, this to me is a real kick in the teeth at this time . Independence is what the SNP are supposed to exist for. Unless there is a good reason for it , this will be the final nail in the coffin for me. 

30 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Minister for independence role has been scrapped. Regardless of whether folk felt it was achieving anything or not , or  that it didn’t previously exist, this to me is a real kick in the teeth at this time . Independence is what the SNP are supposed to exist for. Unless there is a good reason for it , this will be the final nail in the coffin for me. 

They should all be Ministers for Independence. They should be trying to get independence into every discussion that they have. Just simple things like "This is what we are going to do but, of course, if Scotland was independent we could have more choices." 

There must be enough independence minded folk who are disillusioned with the SNP to be able to form another Independence Party. I vote for Tidy as leader. 

17 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Greens, wokies, those in same sex marriages, and transexuals losing their shit because Kate Forbes is going to put them all in a concentration camp 

Always be wary of those attacking her on that basis because it is clearly bollocks and she has no interest in rolling back anybody's rights

John Mason might but not her

Kate-Forbes-500x500.jpg

She will be a great FM one day. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

They should all be Ministers for Independence. They should be trying to get independence into every discussion that they have. Just simple things like "This is what we are going to do but, of course, if Scotland was independent we could have more choices." 

There must be enough independence minded folk who are disillusioned with the SNP to be able to form another Independence Party. I vote for Tidy as leader. 

😂 only if you agree to be my Deputy. 
For thing on my list is to order a shit load of vuvuzelas, bagpipes and fart machines. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 only if you agree to be my Deputy. 
For thing on my list is to order a shit load of vuvuzelas, bagpipes and fart machines. 

🤣 and don't forget Hoyle's defibrillator 

19 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Very disappointed in the cabinet, Robertson still holds on, Somerville is absolutely terrible, hislop also,, bizarre really 

It's a very 'don't frichten the horses' cabinet.

Ideally, Constance, Hyslop, Robison and Sommerville need binned; they've all had their shot at front bench jobs and have been, at best, thoroughly mediocre at them all. However, after Humza did his impersonation of a blindfolded bull in a china shop with roller skates strapped to its hooves the other week, HJ is probably trying to avoid any more unnecessary disruption or upset (Robison, in particular, permanently looks like someone on the verge of bursting into tears).

It is very underwhelming though, I agree.

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

That stood out for me as well. It is questionable what good Jamie Hepburn was actually doing, but scrapping the role of Independence Minister when you are a pro-independence government looks a bit like a white flag being waved.

17 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Considering the media nearly destroyed her a year ago and twisted her words she did the right thing

Give them fuck all

Quite right. Whatever she said would have just fanned the flames of that ridiculous smear and kept it going even longer. Don't give the crybullies what they are looking for.

Greens attack Kate Forbes at Swinney's first FMQs

He said: “Yesterday that signal came pretty clearly - progressive ministers sacked, and the second most powerful job in government given to someone who has opposed LGBT people’s legal equality, who has expressed judgemental attitudes against abortion, and who has even expressed the view that people who have families without being married are doing something wrong.”

He asked: “Is this the Scottish government’s vision for the future of Scotland - taking us back to the repressive values of the 1950s?”

The cunt sat beside Forbes when she was Finance Minister and said fuck all back then