New app + Hampden Turnstiles = chaos? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New app + Hampden Turnstiles = chaos?

Haggis_trap

A rather seemless process from start to finish. From the initial purchase of the package to the download of the app to entering the stadium

Credit where credit is due. A big thank you and well done to the SSC, SFA and all at Hampden who have contributed to the improvements made

14 hours ago, Silversand said:

In stadium early, nae bother with Hampden app.

Body search on way in 😱

Me too.  Were you close to the away support like us?   What a fun night that was 😬

Re. the app; no problems.   Can't tell whether clocking-in gives you a point, as am maxed out on home already.

One annoying inconvenience - at the North Stand entrances at least - is that a phone has to be removed from a protective wallet in order to place it inside the scanner reading mechanism. Granted, that's hardly the end of the world, but it is a bit tinpot.

I was in the North Stand last night, and was there about 35 mins before kick off, and was very seamless, even the lines felt like they were moving that little bit faster to get in (even with security checks)

44 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Me too.  Were you close to the away support like us?   What a fun night that was 😬

Re. the app; no problems.   Can't tell whether clocking-in gives you a point, as am maxed out on home already.

North Stand

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

The app does get rid of the faffing about trying to make the qr code the size you think it should be. 

I wonder if that's what the main problem was, that and folk trying to use crumpled printouts?

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

It was utter shite. Was so efficient it got me in 30 mins early. Please can we go back to missing the entire first half. 

Should have stayed in the pub a wee bit longer.

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Should have stayed in the pub a wee bit longer.

Seriously wish I had, it was bloody baltic to add to the rest of the negatives. First time ever I considered leaving early, and I have stayed to the end for some amount of dog shit performances. 

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I wonder if that's what the main problem was, that and folk trying to use crumpled printouts?

Or wet ones, or had folded them incorrectly or were upside down (I’ve seen that).

I remember helping a load of people into the ground at Krakow. All sort of wacky ways to try and scan.

J

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 12:04 PM, McTeeko said:

See if you transfer your ticket, or indeed can’t make the match despite having bought the five-match package, do you still get the point?

How did this work out for those who transferred THEIR ticket. Did you still the get one point added to your total?

2 hours ago, McTeeko said:

How did this work out for those who transferred THEIR ticket. Did you still the get one point added to your total?

Don't think the Netherlands or N.Ireland points have been added yet to anyone.

On 3/27/2024 at 2:21 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Worked very well, fair play. 

Glad to hear that. I wonder though what it'll be like for a sell out.

I queued for a good 30 mins at the Norway game (got in at 0-1 down), and asked a polis while queuing if it was like this for cup finals at Hampden. He replied no, just for Scotland games.

Was he right, or....?

Edit: It's an open question to everyone re cup finals. Obviously Squirrelhumper as a Killie man doesn't know much about cup finals 😜

Edited by Dave78

On 3/27/2024 at 11:48 AM, TDYER63 said:

Seriously wish I had, it was bloody baltic to add to the rest of the negatives. First time ever I considered leaving early, and I have stayed to the end for some amount of dog shit performances. 

I genuinely can’t remember enjoying a single friendly in the last 20 years. Brazil in London maybe but that’s about it (and even  that had nothing to do with the actual game).  Don’t know why I bother going to them. 

13 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I genuinely can’t remember enjoying a single friendly in the last 20 years. Brazil in London maybe but that’s about it (and even  that had nothing to do with the actual game).  Don’t know why I bother going to them. 

Thankfully the nations league has now kept friendlies to a minimum as they really are a tough watch.  I tend to just go as they are usually part of a package. 
I am not going to rehash everything that has already been said about the NI game but there is nothing remotely friendly or worthwhile in hosting that type of match  , a spectacle that only encourages the worst inhabitants from the west coast of Scotland. 

The app did work well  , though I am with Dave78, a greater test may be the Finland game being the last home game before the Euros and on a Friday night. A lot of folk will have made an effort to go early to the NI game due to the new app and may have been lured into a false sense of security by its apparent slickness . Everyone goes back to arriving 15 mins before kick off we have the same old massive queues. I do tend to think this is the biggest problem. Plus I expect a more bevvied crowd ( based on a small poll  friends and family poll) and the complications that brings 🙂

Is there any entertainment before the game with it being the send off game? That might get folk in earlier.