New Ticketing System Now Live - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Ticketing System Now Live

Brummie Hibs

Wouldnt a fair and simple solution be, if you buy the 5 match package and cant make a game then you can transfer it but then dont get the home point? This wouldnt be hard to implement technology wise.

The danger the SFA seem to be blind to is that this approach will discourage people from buying packages which obviously is likely to result in lost revenue. If I cant go to a game and have a ticket I phone round and get it shifted. Often to somebody who isnt a regular and wouldnt be purchasing a ticket off their own back. So if I choose not to buy the package and then cant go to a game then thats 1 ticket not sold that previously would have been. 1 less pie that will be bought etc. Often its a kid that gets the ticket. 1 less chance at a lifelong fan.

Even though its always been in the T&Cs, its only really been a thing since home points were awarded. And even then im not sure any supporters actually care about somebody swapping a home ticket to a mate.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Even though it’s always been in the T&Cs, it’s only really been a thing since home points were awarded. And even then im not sure any supporters actually care about somebody swapping a home ticket to a mate.

Security will come into it I’d imagine, with the SFA controlling the resale of the ticket they’ll be able to know exactly who’s in the stadium plus they’ll be charging a handling fee

22 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Security will come into it I’d imagine, with the SFA controlling the resale of the ticket they’ll be able to know exactly who’s in the stadium plus they’ll be charging a handling fee

UEFA manage to do ticket resales very straightforwardly without any 'handling fee'.

That's the standard the SSC should be seeking to achieve.

Their willingness to charge so-called 'handling fees' in Lille and Tbilisi to a membership that has already paid for administration support through their membership fees does not give confidence that a UEFA style approach to common sense will be implemented anytime soon for the benefit of the 38,000 membership.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Ahhhh you hark back to the days when Scotland were shite. Wore your wee SSC red polo shirt and scampered off to far flung places to see our brave boys get humped. Was Dublin really two years ago....I cannot get too worked up about this new fangled ticketing. Still raging about being charged £3 to pick up my ticket ( twice ).

5 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Wouldnt a fair and simple solution be, if you buy the 5 match package and cant make a game then you can transfer it but then dont get the home point? This wouldnt be hard to implement technology wise.

The danger the SFA seem to be blind to is that this approach will discourage people from buying packages which obviously is likely to result in lost revenue. If I cant go to a game and have a ticket I phone round and get it shifted. Often to somebody who isnt a regular and wouldnt be purchasing a ticket off their own back. So if I choose not to buy the package and then cant go to a game then thats 1 ticket not sold that previously would have been. 1 less pie that will be bought etc. Often its a kid that gets the ticket. 1 less chance at a lifelong fan.

Even though its always been in the T&Cs, its only really been a thing since home points were awarded. And even then im not sure any supporters actually care about somebody swapping a home ticket to a mate.

Most people will be maxed out on points for home tickets anyways don’t see issue with giving a ticket away last minute 

22 hours ago, Orraloon said:

You get a discount for being a member, but this time round there is no extra discount for buying the five match package.

There wasn't any discount buying the package last time either. Although it was a fiver a game cheaper than now.

25 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

There wasn't any discount buying the package last time either. Although it was a fiver a game cheaper than now.

Ah right. 👍

I didn't buy the package last time round. I'm sure we used to get a discount for the package in the past though?

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Ah right. 👍

I didn't buy the package last time round. I'm sure we used to get a discount for the package in the past though?

I think there was yep. 

Last time with there being four actual qualifiers plus a friendly against England, there was still quite a bit of interest in getting the package despite the lack of a discount.

On 2/24/2024 at 11:36 AM, TDYER63 said:

Do you mean you would prefer everyone to have to buy tickets as the games came along rather than a package ? 
People would certainly have a better idea if they could manage when its closer to the  games but the SFA will never do this.

They want to have your money upfront and to have you by the balls . This may work when we are in a purple patch like just now but when we are shite again, which will happen at some point , no one will pay for a package if they have no way of passing on tickets. I think the SFA  are shooting themselves in the foot.
It may end up more like individual ticket sales that would suit you right enough. 

I live in the central belt and its easy for me to attend home games. Some folk think that jumping on a plane to Cyprus for a wee holiday cum football match makes them a super fan but travelling from where you are , particularly mid week, to Hampden in the often pishin rain, makes you much more committed. 

Pretty much sums it up.

Can't really argue about the seaon tickets. I bought one to guarentee a decent seat for the Ukraine playoff. Used it for that game as I was the only one out of the people i might go to  a game within the supporters club. Never buying one again unless I move to a 6 bedroom house in Cathcart.

Bought four tickets for the Ireland game so I could go with my 2 grown up kids and school age daughter. Went to the Denmark and Ukraine games with my daugher from Edinburgh again not using my season ticket.

Used the season ticket for the Armenia game with empty seats all around me. Mind you I would have been an empty seat at 3 of the other 5 games.

Got everyone supporters club membership for christmas after that so the 4 of us could sit togther for the Spain and Cyprus games. Didn't get the other 3 games as I assumed there would be plenty time. (pretty pissed  there is no double header this time as it saves a lot of money for any one living futher away from Hampden than Leith)

Only thanks to the TAMB did I realise that tickets were selling out fast and as at work contacted my daughter to get tickets for the other 3, missed out on the England game as it was sold out first. Got the to the other 2 games but missed out on the loyalty poiints as she didn't have my club number. Didn't matter so much if I couldn't afford to go, at least she could use my ticket and sit beside a friend.

I will be going to the Northern Ireland game as I booked the time off expecting to watch us use our play off spot! 

I will also book the game in October is my youngest would kill me if i didn't take her as it's in the school holidays.

The other 3 i will know were I stand nearer the game time, if theres no tickets available so be it.  I'll watch them on the telly even if that makes me a second class citizen to some on here

Maybe the cost of living crisis hasn't reached some of the more affluent areas of Leith yet but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only persons who's disposable income has dropped.

Your 100% right about the SFA, they are selling something 6 monthes in adavance to take advantage of our loyalty knowing there is no guarantee of selling tickets nearer the time.

So is there definitely no way of using another members ticket? Was planning on getting the package next to my mates. One of them can’t make the Finland game so promised my old man I’d take him.

25 minutes ago, mwng said:

So is there definitely no way of using another members ticket? Was planning on getting the package next to my mates. One of them can’t make the Finland game so promised my old man I’d take him.

Shhhhhh 🤐, Orraloon is keeping a record of all harvesters and reporting back to SFA HQ. Your dad will be tagged and under house arrest before we even get to Germany. 

Doesnt look like you can transfer unfortunately. Is it possible though for someone to download the app on their phone and sign in with a members details? I have no idea how the app will work . 

Not that I am condoning this in any way, simply showing some lateral thinking 👀

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Shhhhhh 🤐, Orraloon is keeping a record of all harvesters and reporting back to SFA HQ. Your dad will be tagged and under house arrest before we even get to Germany. 

Doesnt look like you can transfer unfortunately. Is it possible though for someone to download the app on their phone and sign in with a members details? I have no idea how the app will work . 

The thing is, my mate who can’t make Finland only goes to home games. The points mean nothing to him. He just wants to sit next to his pals so that’s why he’s getting the package.

7 minutes ago, mwng said:

The thing is, my mate who can’t make Finland only goes to home games. The points mean nothing to him. He just wants to sit next to his pals so that’s why he’s getting the package.

I am sure he isn’t alone. Not everyone can get to away games even if they wanted to go so points mean nothing. There are many reasons people get the package. I get it mainly for convenience. I know I fully intend going to every home game unless something unexpected turns up or something is already in place like this wedding . I can count on one hand the number of times this has happened in the last 10 years but it does happen. I buy the package as  I dont have to worry about remembering on 4 or 5 different occasions to buy the tickets individually. People cant always get the time to stop work for the individual sales at 10 am on some random Tuesday. I wouldn’t expect to get a point if I didn’t attend but would like the opportunity for someone else to use my ticket. 
Maybe there will be a way round this when they announce more details. I am no holding my breath though , plus they are cutting it a bit fine  with packages going on sale on Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, mwng said:

Get their phone 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am sure he isn’t alone. Not everyone can get to away games even if they wanted to go so points mean nothing. There are many reasons people get the package. I get it mainly for convenience. I know I fully intend going to every home game unless something unexpected turns up or something is already in place like this wedding . I can count on one hand the number of times this has happened in the last 10 years but it does happen. I buy the package as  I dont have to worry about remembering on 4 or 5 different occasions to buy the tickets individually. People cant always get the time to stop work for the individual sales at 10 am on some random Tuesday. I wouldn’t expect to get a point if I didn’t attend but would like the opportunity for someone else to use my ticket. 
Maybe there will be a way round this when they announce more details. I am no holding my breath though , plus they are cutting it a bit fine  with packages going on sale on Tuesday. 

Another issue I have is I was going to get my daughter the package too but she is too young for a phone. Will I be able to put her tickets on my phone. 
Ive emailed them but no response. Surely this info should be out there before I part with my cash on Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, mwng said:

The reason he is not going is he’s going to a gig which he’ll no doubt need his phone for too🤦‍♂️

Lovely.

Technology.

Could never for the benefit of the consumer, could it?

Given the shit technology we've lived through at Hampden lately, maybe Hamish and his wonderful crew at WESTA could exert influence on the SFA to reintroduce paper tickets for the benefit of the membership. Because this already has all the makings of a shitshow and then some on 25th March.

Edited by Barney Rubble

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Honestly can’t see a way why you cant download the app and log in as someone else. 
Problem solved unless the SIM card number becomes involved. 

17 hours ago, mwng said:

Another issue I have is I was going to get my daughter the package too but she is too young for a phone. Will I be able to put her tickets on my phone. 
Ive emailed them but no response. Surely this info should be out there before I part with my cash on Tuesday. 

SSC said in a reply to me their will be a family option and one for folks who don't have smart phones.

I've just reset my password. It took about 20 minutes!!!!!!!

And, they've got my points total wrong. They really are a useless shower. I think tomorrow could be a disaster for the SSC. Just as well we don't need points for tomorrow, as I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have fixed my points total in time.

50 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

SSC said in a reply to me their will be a family option and one for folks who don't have smart phones.

This is good news! If there are any more details, would you mind sharing that reply here?

[Ridiculous, I know, that we have to be asking each other for this sort of information before being asked to part with our cash!].

Edited by Paolo H

43 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I've just reset my password. It took about 20 minutes!!!!!!!

And, they've got my points total wrong. They really are a useless shower. I think tomorrow could be a disaster for the SSC. Just as well we don't need points for tomorrow, as I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have fixed my points total in time.

Glad I am not the only one that has encountered the same as you. I registered for the new ticketing website yesterday and noticed that my loyalty points were incorrect too. Sent them an e-mail about it earlier this afternoon.

Like you said, I'm glad we don't need points for tomorrow's 5 match package sale but certainly preparing for the worst.

57 minutes ago, DesiScotsman said:

Glad I am not the only one that has encountered the same as you. I registered for the new ticketing website yesterday and noticed that my loyalty points were incorrect too. Sent them an e-mail about it earlier this afternoon.

Like you said, I'm glad we don't need points for tomorrow's 5 match package sale but certainly preparing for the worst.

I’d also be arriving to Hampden extremely early for the NI game as this has disaster written all over it.

J