New Ticketing System Now Live - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Ticketing System Now Live

Brummie Hibs

1 hour ago, Wallace1953 said:

Thanks mwng, will try emailing. 

It won’t be any use to you Wallace but for anyone with 1 child sharing an email, I just changed email address in my supporters account and kept my daughter on my old one.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got three emails (me and my two kids) - when I tried to register myself if logged me into my son's account and now any attempt to reset password goes only to his account.

there's nothing like good user testing and this is etc etc.  I see the comms on twitter are the usual high standard of customer focus

16 minutes ago, dan cake said:

So you get no points up front when you purchase the 5 match package just as you go along 

From memory when purchasing a multi match package the points are added for each game after that game has been played, I think you normally get an extra loyalty point each time you renew your membership. 

4 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Here’s my starter for 10.

SSC needed to implement a ticketing system where the ST holder gets 5 tickets on their account. These can be used or passed on via the app at a later date.

That way the buyer gets the certainty of the game without potentially missing out with sickness, work, etc six months away.

walk ups get their individual tickets bought on a match by match basis, and ditto these can be shifted depending on circumstances.

It’s not rocket science.

Spot on. I would also provide a plastic card with the 5 games loaded on it. 
Like a standard club team season ticket. 
Save all that nonsense at the turnstiles with folk searching for things on their phones. 

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

From memory when purchasing a multi match package the points are added for each game after that game has been played, I think you normally get an extra loyalty point each time you renew your membership. 

I thought you got them immediately but definitely not certain of that as I don’t monitor my points closely enough.
It’s  only fair they are added gradually right enough as loading upfront would mean  people who hadn’t bought the package , but were still intending going to home games, would be disadvantaged for the away games during that campaign. 

Edited by TDYER63

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I thought you got them immediately but definitely not certain of that as I don’t monitor my points closely enough.
It’s  only fair they are added gradually right enough as loading upfront would mean  people who hadn’t bought the package , but were still intending going to home games, would be disadvantaged for the away games during that campaign. 

The points have always been added only after the game has been played. Until now though, there has never been any attempt to check if the ticket has been used. That is a good change to the system, IMO. If they can make it work, that is. 🤣

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The points have always been added only after the game has been played. Until now though, there has never been any attempt to check if the ticket has been used. That is a good change to the system, IMO. If they can make it work, that is. 🤣

I knew you would like it 🙄🙂  Do you not think its unfair though for reasons previously mentioned? I think its pretty shit folk pay upfront for a ticket and for a genuinely good reason they cant manage and dont get a point nor have the option to sell their ticket. 

2 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Maybe just how it's worded

Screenshot_20240223_153155_X.jpg

Yea, I don’t read the SFAs response like that. They are stating a point, not what is happening. 

Scanned or not, it’s your ticket that you paid for. This isn’t an away game where you have to pick up a ticket. 

J

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I knew you would like it 🙄🙂  Do you not think its unfair though for reasons previously mentioned? I think its pretty shit folk pay upfront for a ticket and for a genuinely good reason they cant manage and dont get a point nor have the option to sell their ticket. 

The season tickets should be at a discounted rate. That discount would offset the risk you take of not being able to attend. As there is no discount then you would be daft to buy the season ticket if you foresee any chance of not being able to go. Just wait for the single ticket sale.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

The season tickets should be at a discounted rate. That discount would offset the risk you take of not being able to attend. As there is no discount then you would be daft to buy the season ticket if you foresee any chance of not being able to go. Just wait for the single ticket sale.

What about the folk who dont have a crystal ball and cant see into the future? 

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Point harvesters at away games get scowled at, Home point harvesters should too.

Disagree, goalposts are moving. Points have always been awarded for buying a home ticket, If you are loyal enough to buy a season ticket and your Dad goes to a Tuesday night game instead of you then that’s fine in my book. 

You’ve bought the ticket, work shift in November means you can’t get a random Tuesday night off.  What are you supposed to do, no way of even selling the ticket back as far as I can tell?

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Who is talking about harvesting ???

You are. I think you said you were wanting to buy tickets for all five games even though you know there is a good chance you can't go to one of them? I might have got you mixed with somebody else though and if I have please accept my apologies.

Just now, Orraloon said:

You are. I think you said you were wanting to buy tickets for all five games even though you know there is a good chance you can't go to one of them? I might have got you mixed with somebody else though and if I have please accept my apologies.

It's a good point.  Home game Harvesters need named and shamed 

8 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Disagree, goalposts are moving. Points have always been awarded for buying a home ticket, If you are loyal enough to buy a season ticket and your Dad goes to a Tuesday night game instead of you then that’s fine in my book. 

You’ve bought the ticket, work shift in November means you can’t get a random Tuesday night off.  What are you supposed to do, no way of even selling the ticket back as far as I can tell?

J

Agree.

There are umpteen reasons why people cannot  manage the game after buying upfront. Over the years I have not managed the occasional game and the vast majority of the time have passed the ticket on free of charge so that someone will see the game and add to the atmosphere. I did this long before we were getting points for home games, which has only been brought in very recently. The vast majority of fans never have and never will he buying a package only to get points. 

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

I hope you are winding me up or you are fucking getting taken off my top 10 posters ya bassa. 

I know the dilemma i have . My gripe is for the people who cant manage due to unforeseen circumstances.