Non football plans in Germany - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Non football plans in Germany

GaryWood34

Anyone doing anything other than drinking beer and watching football when over there? 

A tour? tourist activity? Gig? another sports event perhaps? 

Anyone got any non football plans, where and when? 

I’m kidding myself that I may make some and not just sit and watch 3 matches a day in a German beer garden and attend the Scotland ones.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likely visit Dachau when we’re in Munich. Have been before but a few others in our group haven’t and want to make up for not going to Auschwitz when we were in Krakow. Beyond that, not a clue. 

11 hours ago, Aar0n said:

Planning to visit the eagles next from Munich it's about an hour and a half south. 

I have done the eagles nest from Munich. I went in the summer and it was freezing cold up there. Unbelievably went to the restuarant up there and the first guy i met was a guy from Glasgow wearing a Celtic shirt who was working in the kitchens. 😅😅

Waiting to see what other tickets I get, but our accommodation just south of Bonn has bikes, and we are right on the Rhine, so plan to cycle up and down it on my down time.

Booked a couple of tours on TripAdvisor for Cologne and Dusseldorf (pub crawl tours around breweries etc) 

Heading to Bamberg after the Hungary game for a couple of days. Applied for a few random tickets in the 2nd UEFA ballot so holding off planning much else until the outcome of that but will make use of the Deutschland ticket and get some regional trains for daytrips on days we aren't playing. Hoping the games being 3pm, 6pm and 9pm means I won't miss many of them travelling about.

Had a shocker in Georgia. 

Went for a sulfur bath after checking out my hotel prior to a 35 hour day and a 20 hour journey home. 

The whole way home boaking hungover and stinking of horrendous sulfur. No amount of showering, scrubbing or deodorant was shifting it. 

Had visions of it being a relaxing experience but it was just me and several hairy out of shape Georgian naked men in a small tub. 

25 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Had a shocker in Georgia. 

Went for a sulfur bath after checking out my hotel prior to a 35 hour day and a 20 hour journey home. 

The whole way home boaking hungover and stinking of horrendous sulfur. No amount of showering, scrubbing or deodorant was shifting it. 

Had visions of it being a relaxing experience but it was just me and several hairy out of shape Georgian naked men in a small tub. 

Sounds like it could have been a lot worse. 🤣

On 1/9/2024 at 4:01 PM, wanderer said:

Waiting to see what other tickets I get, but our accommodation just south of Bonn has bikes, and we are right on the Rhine, so plan to cycle up and down it on my down time.

Booked a couple of tours on TripAdvisor for Cologne and Dusseldorf (pub crawl tours around breweries etc) 

Same here. If I don’t get any other tickets we are heading to Nuremberg between the Cologne and Stuttgart games.

2 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Any tennis fans out there, the grass court season will be underway. 

On the men’s side Stuttgart finishes the weekend of the Germany game. Then the Berlin (women’s) and Halle (men’s) kicks in the following week. 

Those would be good, but wrong part of the country for me. If you’re taking a game in in Leipzig though, Halle, is worth a look.

Heading to Kaiserslautern with 5 of my mates for a day trip the day on the friday before we play Hungary. 

We are based in Essen so 3 hours or so each way on the train. Just going for a day on the booze. Tons of Killie fans are staying in Kaiserslautern as a base as they go over regularly to watch them (and vice versa) so there's about 50 based there. Great lads the K-Town boys, they've given the lads their supporters bus for the games in Munich. Cologne & Stuttgart. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper