Friendlies pre euros - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Friendlies pre euros

loanhead-tartan

6 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I'm generally never too enamoured by playing either NI or the Republic. To me it always feels slightly on edge with regards to hints of sectarianism creeping in, booing GSTQ and everything that comes with that type of thing etc.

Slightly similar to what it's like playing England given the non-football related baggage that can come with it.

I've also been to Belfast for multiple weekends away and always feels overpriced, not quite Dublin levels but not too far off.

Compared with Edinburgh, Belfast is half price for me. Always enjoyed myself there and have never met anyone I’d describe as a c#%t, I don’t do politics or religion so Iv no reason to argue with the locals. Brutal accent tho

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, scotlad said:

Good point, I'd forgotten about the Burley-era game (I was going out with a lassie from the north of Ireland at the time too!), it was the one under Strachan I remember (Berra scored the winner, IIRC).

I quite fancied a game in their "new" ground.

Their 'new' ground will never be ready not even for Euro28.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Yes. With the big outlay ahead for the euros this is just a step too far for the old credit card. Need to screw the head and give this a miss. 

Get another credit card and set your due date two weeks after the old one then rotate between the two of them, Dan Cake’s financial strategy for supporting Scotland 😎

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2024 at 12:39 PM, bdgsct said:

Porteous dropped again, not many of our defenders playing regularly for one reason or another which is concerning.

It's very concerning. Relying on English Championship players is less than ideal at the best of times, but relying on English Championship players who aren't playing regularly - that's going to get us found out at the Euros.

1 hour ago, TA-West Germany said:

Per the SFA newsletter venue for Holland away still tbc. Thought it said Amsterdam late last year…

The E-Mail itself states Johan Cruijff Arena Amsterdam, but the linked article states tbc. They have posted previously on Twitter that it's Amsterdam.

In other words, could do better from a communication point of view.