Friendlies pre euros - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Friendlies pre euros

loanhead-tartan

3 hours ago, dan cake said:

If Shankenstein goes to Ibrox the press will want him as first choice up front , Ryan Gauld 😆

I feel we need different options in attack when we need to change it up.  I feel if we need to defend a lead, we have players in the bank to help that out but in attack we don't have a Shaun Maloney, or Ben Doak to come and present something else.  The MLS season starts in March so timing might not be great for him, June is too late to bring new faces in.  

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, romanticscot said:

So that's four friendlies pre-tournament - 2 in March and 2 in June so if any new faces are to show March is the time to do it.  I would like Shankland to be given more minutes, Hardie called up and/or Tommy Conway. I also want to get over the drama that will come with Ryan Fraser so let's get that out the way, as IMO he should definitely be back in the squad. 

Dominic Hyam and Josh Doig also in there. I can't escape Ryan Gauld, call him up and give him a chance.

If it were me in charge, the squad for the March games would be 26 players at least, anything less is a missed opportunity. 

We'll call up as close to the final Euros squad as possible. 

Gauld will be nowhere near a squad.

Clarke isn't going to call up 4 or 5 who have been nowhere near a squad up until now. 

18 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, i'll be flying back out to Germany if we make it out the groups, so probably wise to keep money for that! 

100% this. My old man as it happens is just East of Marbella on holiday with my Mum. He’s plotting to see how he can convince her a day trip to Faro is a good thing. 4 hours each way.

J

13 hours ago, romanticscot said:

I feel we need different options in attack when we need to change it up.  I feel if we need to defend a lead, we have players in the bank to help that out but in attack we don't have a Shaun Maloney, or Ben Doak to come and present something else.  The MLS season starts in March so timing might not be great for him, June is too late to bring new faces in.  

I think that person is Ryan Fraser. He's on fire right now and is pretty much the only creative, winger type of player you are referring to.

It'll probably be Doak long term, but he's not ready yet. (Though we all said the same about Gilmour around about this time pre-Euro 2000) 

6 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

These friendlies could determine whether you get a last 16 ticket or not.

I'll be going to both aways 👍

Will they! They should be but will the points be added!! Mmmm 

4 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

Going to Amsterdam but if i have to miss a game Gilbraltar away in a friendly is certainly top of the list of games that i won't lose sleep over missing. 😂

27 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Going to Amsterdam but if i have to miss a game Gilbraltar away in a friendly is certainly top of the list of games that i won't lose sleep over missing. 😂

I think there'll be a couple of thousand. 

28 minutes ago, macwomble said:

Will they! They should be but will the points be added!! Mmmm 

For the SFA benefit they should publish that info.  Imagine the uproar when 9000 attend Gibraltar away and their points are added on the 1st August 😂

39 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

On a more serious note both Holland and Gibraltar will have a big impact on any getting tickets for any further games that we qualify for in Germany. Mainly because the ticket allocation falls by a fair way for the next phase of games to 6,000 last 16, again 6,000 1/4 final, then up to 7,000 semi final and finally back to 10,000 for the final. I would imagine that the next 2 games will be 100% individual person pick up!! 

1 hour ago, LoganRoy said:

haha, no chance. Anyone who wants a last 16 ticket and are in the SSC will get one. 

Shame the points won't be added - they'll use the same points they use for the group stages. 

Well done. i'll be saving my holidays to hopefully watch Killie in Europe, Nations League games and holidays with the missus to keep the peace rather than a friendly. Each to their own. 

1 hour ago, macwomble said:

On a more serious note both Holland and Gibraltar will have a big impact on any getting tickets for any further games that we qualify for in Germany. Mainly because the ticket allocation falls by a fair way for the next phase of games to 6,000 last 16, again 6,000 1/4 final, then up to 7,000 semi final and finally back to 10,000 for the final. I would imagine that the next 2 games will be 100% individual person pick up!! 

I think given the France pick up, which was a pish easy, both should be.  France was 1680 tickets though.  

Depends on the Dutch allocation, anymore than 3k, I think won't be 100% pick up.

I think there'll be a couple of thousand. 

For the SFA benefit they should publish that info.  Imagine the uproar when 9000 attend Gibraltar away and their points are added on the 1st August 😂

Be lucky if theres 900 in Faro through SSC. 

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

haha, no chance. Anyone who wants a last 16 ticket and are in the SSC will get one. 

Shame the points won't be added - they'll use the same points they use for the group stages. 

I'd agree tbh, if you want a ticket you'll get one easy enough, the points bracket will impact the price more so with the thinner spread.  

2 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

I'd agree tbh, if you want a ticket you'll get one easy enough, the points bracket will impact the price more so with the thinner spread.  

Given the timeframes involved too, i think it'll be a free for all again for all eligible members. Realistically you would be buying tickets on the Monday for the following weekend. 

On 1/23/2024 at 6:07 PM, Northern Light said:

In the past it has tended to be a new package means a new seat. I would imagine the SFA will do a 5-game package covering N Ireland, Finland plus the 3 Autumn Nation League games with details out in February after the NL draw

I agree with this. 👍👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I think the Netherlands and Gibraltar away game points won't count till after euros 

I don't know why, I just presume that will be the case.

55 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Given the timeframes involved too, i think it'll be a free for all again for all eligible members. Realistically you would be buying tickets on the Monday for the following weekend. 

I’m not as convinced. Whilst I agree that the timeframe is tight. I can’t see us not easily selling 6,000 tickets for the next round. There are so many ways to get to Germany, air, rail and road make it easily accessible. Secondly school holidays will have started so potentially that group and other folk who couldn’t go to the first phase might go for a one off experience. Another factor which could affect it could be the opponents, if eg as could happen we get England in the 1/4 finals you’ld sell 20,000+ tix. Let’s hope we find out!!!!   🤞

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Be lucky if theres 900 in Faro through SSC. 

Yeah.Between 750-1000 probably.Amsterdam probably sell the tickets we get for that.Would imagine that would be between 2000-2500.The fact it is Amsterdam and also it isn't so close to the euros.

I think all the friendlies will count towards the points total for deciding who gets first go at the round of 16 tickets, if we get through. It would make the whole loyalty points system a farce if they don't do it that way. 

39 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think all the friendlies will count towards the points total for deciding who gets first go at the round of 16 tickets, if we get through. It would make the whole loyalty points system a farce if they don't do it that way. 

It'll not overly make much of a difference i wouldn't think. 

As i said, if we get 6,000 for the last 16 then i think we would be doing well to sell those. 

There's 37,500 in the SSC, Vast majority of those who are going will have shot their load by the knock out stages in terms of work, family, money etc. I'd imagine the hardcore who go to most away games will make sure they are there and then there will be a few thousand tickets that will trickle their way down. 

Not everyone can just take 3+ weeks off. I am planning to fly back over but again, plenty of mates have family holidays and can't. School holidays will have started by then and flights will be through the roof, as will hotels for last 16 games. 

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As i said, if we get 6,000 for the last 16 then i think we would be doing well to sell those. 

There's 37,500 in the SSC, Vast majority of those who are going will have shot their load by the knock out stages in terms of work, family, money etc. I'd imagine the hardcore who go to most away games will make sure they are there and then there will be a few thousand tickets that will trickle their way down. 

Not everyone can just take 3+ weeks off. I am planning to fly back over but again, plenty of mates have family holidays and can't. School holidays will have started by then and flights will be through the roof, as will hotels for last 16 games. 

You think so?

You see, I'm the opposite. I think that if we were to get through (I don't think will get through anyway, by the way) then I think we could sell 20,000 no bother. 

Edited by Orraloon

33 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sort of agree with you there. Not that many people can just keep extending their time in Germany. Two weeks to start with is a big commitment regarding money, time off work etc, never mind having to get back to Germany again. Would imagine that most will be coming home after the Hungary game no matter what. Whether they are able to go back again a week later is i would imagine  dubious for a lot of people. 

34 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You think so?

You see, I'm the opposite. I think that if we were to get through (I don't think will get through anyway, by the way) then I think we could sell 20,000 no bother. 

Really 20000 at the drop of a hat, very much doubt that. Would be happy to be proved wrong or right tho 😀

24 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Really 20000 at the drop of a hat, very much doubt that. Would be happy to be proved wrong or right tho 😀

Ireland had about 30,000 inside the stadium for one of their games a few years back. I think that was in Poland? It was reckoned that there were about 100,000 of them in France for euro 2016. Although they may have borrowed the Celtic Seville calculator, right enough.