England Squad - Do we have anything to fear? - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England Squad - Do we have anything to fear?

N4Footsoldier

41 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

England have called him up in the past even though he had never proved himself in the top flight, so nowhere near the England squad is pushing it.

After looking at his record he was on loan at norwich from man city and was playing every week in the championship.

He was a highly rated youngster at that time and only 21. He was considered one for the future. 

He isnt that anymore, hes 27 and never played a full season in the epl. England would have to have a major keeper crisis to even remotely consider him.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the discussion about who would get into the England side daft and utterly pointless. As has already been demonstrated on this thread throughout the history of football having a better quality side than opponents matters not one jot. Team tactics, the right mindset, coaching and team spirit means much more. We saw that in the last Euros when a weaker than now Scotland side went to Wembley and came away with a point that should have been a win.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I find the discussion about who would get into the England side daft and utterly pointless. As has already been demonstrated on this thread throughout the history of football having a better quality side than opponents matters not one jot. Team tactics, the right mindset, coaching and team spirit means much more. We saw that in the last Euros when a weaker than now Scotland side went to Wembley and came away with a point that should have been a win.

Lol yes but you are relentlessly optimistic. Most of us are glass half empty types or no glass at all. 

Natural reaction after getting fukked for 25 years.

6 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol yes but you are relentlessly optimistic. Most of us are glass half empty types or no glass at all. 

Natural reaction after getting fukked for 25 years.

Its common sense not optimism. Football is a team sport not about individuals. I do not give a stuff what players our opponents have. It is all about us going in with a strong a side as is possible with the right tactics, formation and mindset and if so we can give top sides a good game and even beat them.

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Anyone know how big a ticket allocation England have got for this, less than usual?

Yes - only 5% which means 2901 tickets

Worryingly i am starting to feel that we will hammer England after their performance today

I imagine everyone else will feel the same

Not good

Not good at all

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Anyone else wake up thinking we might get brought back down to earth tomorrow night?

We have kept our eyes on the main prize - qualification. That is the main thing from this double header. Anything else is a bonus. I am hopeful given our last match against them since which we have improved a lot plus Ukraine showed they are not all conquering.

36 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Southgate that got them to the World Cup semi's and within a penalty shoot out of winning the Euros?

Heh had a hand in this for sure but e is also lucky that he has one hell of a crop of players coming through right now.

51 minutes ago, HopelessUnbeliever said:

They have had unbelievably good players in the past and much higher profile managers and not done as well as they have under Southgate (Capello and Eriksson especially).

as I said Southgate had a hand in this, he got them playing as a team and with pride

On 9/1/2023 at 2:34 PM, scottincarlisle said:

The point is that there's plenty of Scottish & English fans that don't care about a meaningless friendly against each other. 

I care about us beating Cyprus & Georgia.

No such thing as a friendly against these bastards. Of course Cyprus was important, but also in the eyes of many other Scots, beating engerland is also important. The older generation never forget who they are, and what they stand for. I hate the cnuts, so anytime we have 90 minutes on a level playing surface, I want to batter these arrogant fucks. I am not going to give everyone who reads this a history lesson, but if you truely call yourself a Scotsman, you might want to send them homeward to think again......🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

No such thing as a friendly against these bastards. Of course Cyprus was important, but also in the eyes of many other Scots, beating engerland is also important. The older generation never forget who they are, and what they stand for. I hate the cnuts, so anytime we have 90 minutes on a level playing surface, I want to batter these arrogant fucks. I am not going to give everyone who reads this a history lesson, but if you truely call yourself a Scotsman, you might want to send them homeward to think again......🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Once this game starts everyone will care about this fixture. Neither side wants to lose it, its the oldest fixture and the oldest rivalry in the world. It may not have the build up t usually does but everyone including the england fans will want to win it

8 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Nice to see our big clubs doing their bit to help us tomorrow...

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/england-take-over-rangers-training-27688238

Shocker, Rule Britannia bending over and taking it up the shitter for Harry Kane and Co....

13 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Nice to see our big clubs doing their bit to help us tomorrow...

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/england-take-over-rangers-training-27688238

I wanted to be outraged at this however i realised we have used facilities when we are playing in England or Wembley