Season 23/24 - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Ram what exactly? 

You’re clearly another angry tim that has no idea what they’re getting angry at. 

That thread is wonderful with Celtic fans just making things up as they go 😂😂😂

What we making up? VA cleared it up nicely for me crabbit features !!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

I’d give teams the same percentage of stadium capacity as they give Aberdeen, Rangers started reducing away allocations including Celtics so they can have no complaints when other teams reciprocate in kind. There should be something in the rule book regarding minimum away support allocation but there obviously isn’t so it’s left to each clubs discretion. Reap what you sow & stop greeting about it ffs. Stand Free 🇦🇹🇦🇹🇦🇹

Haw naw, sevco cit our allocation because they were sick of seeing us celebrating everytime we played them ar ibroke !! Sevco started all of this.. Get yir facts straight ya bawbag...🤣😉

26 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Haw naw, sevco cit our allocation because they were sick of seeing us celebrating everytime we played them ar ibroke !! Sevco started all of this.. Get yir facts straight ya bawbag...🤣😉

Learn to read shorty, I stated Ranger’s were the 1st to call t away allocations, take a fd your green tinted specs & put on a pair that work. 😵‍💫😜

What Aberdeen are doing here is perfectly sensible I.e having flexible segregation so as to allow flexible away allocations. It means they are more able to meet supply vs demand. If more clubs followed suit I wouldn’t have a problem with it. I still think the governing body should legislate for minimum away ticket allocations though.

Remember what some of them are doing will affect everyone eventually. How many tickets did Aberdeen get for a crucial game at Tynecastle last season? I can remember seeing some complaints on social media about their allocation.

14 minutes ago, slasher said:

What Aberdeen are doing here is perfectly sensible I.e having flexible segregation so as to allow flexible away allocations. It means they are more able to meet supply vs demand. If more clubs followed suit I wouldn’t have a problem with it. I still think the governing body should legislate for minimum away ticket allocations though.

Remember what some of them are doing will affect everyone eventually. How many tickets did Aberdeen get for a crucial game at Tynecastle last season? I can remember seeing some complaints on social media about their allocation.

Finally, a sensible reaction to the article, that’s been few and far between today.

600 at tynecastle last season for us. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Finally, a sensible reaction to the article, that’s been few and far between today.

I basically said what my pal Slasher said if you read the comments properly after VA explained it more. I may have had my green tinted specs on at first glance of the article I posted..  That is not uncommon for me. I corrected myself with dignity and a composed manner....

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Looks like Aberdeen are being flexible with it. They are removing a fence and allocating much less to some clubs who would usually take 200- 300 fans 

Celtic and Rangers may end up with a bigger allocation than others. 

Exactly - it's a story out of nothing. 

49 minutes ago, slasher said:

Celtic give the lowest number and worst view in the league, so they might be hurt more than most. 

Won't make a blind bit of difference to us. We give 25% and you still get Old Firm fans moaning about the injustice. 

35 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Same for us first away game of the season. 

We just old out more than that for Albion Rovers away in less than 90 mins so Tynecastle ones should be a hoot.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly - it's a story out of nothing. 

Typical weegie press trying to defend their main audience & stir up shit at the same time.

I would still advocate reciprocal away numbers using percentage of stadium capacity.

Another great result for Airdrie tonight. Didnt have much by way of attacking in 2nd half but ICT 1st goal was a worldie and their 2nd was a pen that didnt look like a pen. 

Over past 3 seasons we have been a really good footballing team that seems to be holding us in good stead. Confident going into the league. A draw in last game means progession in the cup for 1st time in a long time but even a defeat might mean we qualify depending on other group results.

Watched Dundee Utd game aswell. They were backs to the wall against Falkirk. They look like they are on the verge of being a good team but defo something missing.

Had them as clear favourites for the league. Especially when you look at squad depth but dont think they will walk it.

10 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Another great result for Airdrie tonight. Didnt have much by way of attacking in 2nd half but ICT 1st goal was a worldie and their 2nd was a pen that didnt look like a pen. 

Over past 3 seasons we have been a really good footballing team that seems to be holding us in good stead. Confident going into the league. A draw in last game means progession in the cup for 1st time in a long time but even a defeat might mean we qualify depending on other group results.

Watched Dundee Utd game aswell. They were backs to the wall against Falkirk. They look like they are on the verge of being a good team but defo something missing.

Had them as clear favourites for the league. Especially when you look at squad depth but dont think they will walk it.

A rare statement coming from a Motherwell fan but it's great to see Airdrie's improvement over the last couple of years. Really think they are capable of causing a surprise and get promoted this season. Here's hoping anyway, Well v Airdrie is a fixture I miss.

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

A rare statement coming from a Motherwell fan but it's great to see Airdrie's improvement over the last couple of years. Really think they are capable of causing a surprise and get promoted this season. Here's hoping anyway, Well v Airdrie is a fixture I miss.

As I said, last 3 years we have played some excellent passing football. Passing out from the back and some lovely stuff, especially in midfield. I actually think we had better team in the 2 years where ee lost in the play off finals but last year we just got abit of luck / didnt run out of steam.

We seem to have abit about us atm. Lots of late winners etc. Would have been easy to fold last night after being 2 nil up and having little of the ball but we kept trying to pass it. Even the winning goal, we had 2 players who could have taken a shot but moved it to a better position and were rewarded.

No chance of promotion though. Our squad just isnt strong enough. Id take 8th right now but anywhere from 4th to 10th is realistic.

49 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

These preseason friendlies at Ibrox have definitely been good prep for the season ahead. We’ve had a penalty in every one!!

Youre claiming that spectacular dive as a penalty.

It was scandalous, he deserves something for that behaviour.