Season 23/24 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 7/3/2023 at 2:51 PM, vanderark14 said:

I am aware of that but this was a very special occasion which celtic helped to make even more special. even sending the likes of mcgregor to be there on the bench with the coaches or send some club ambassadors would have been good

I'd hazard a guess that McGregor will be on a beach somewhere. Guys not stopped playing football for about 48 weeks. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off to Belfast on saturday for our game vs Linfield. 

Flying over first thing and back again late that night. Was going to make a weekend of it but would rather be out of dodge before it gets too close to the 12th. 

Should be a good day, 30 odd from our bus heading over. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Flying over first thing and back again late that night. Was going to make a weekend of it but would rather be out of dodge before it gets too close to the 12th. 

Dinnae forget yir sash pal..🤣🤣

I'm going out on a stag night wae Big Billy fae Killie Saturday night. Our mate who from Pourtsmith getting married. Could get messy...🤣👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺

13 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Shame on the timing Belfast is a great night out, was over watching Hibs v Glentoran a few years ago and had a brilliant time. Folk couldn’t have been nicer 

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

First Kyogo, now Maeda signs 4 year deal. Brendan not fucking around !! Love Brendan !! 👊👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪

You do realise that its pretty standard for players to sign new contracts. It doesnt really mean alot in terms of whether the player intends to stay long term or not.

Id imagine both players were brought in on reasonably low to medium wages given the low transfer fees and league they came from. They have both established themselves as 1st team stars so will be moving onto that bracket of wages. Most likely with a minimum sell clause or at very least an idea of what kind of bid would be required to buy them. For example if Spurs come in tomorrow with 25 million for Kyogo then unless the player is against it for some reason then he would be off.

That being said Celtic are in a really good place at the moment. Think they could do with a CB to partner Carter Vickers, a defensive mid and a winger all to start and maybe another sub striker.

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

First Kyogo, now Maeda signs 4 year deal. Brendan not fucking around !! Love Brendan !! 👊👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪

They will both be sold in the vext year for big bucks. That's where football is , Fucked , all about the money honey

5 hours ago, jailender said:

They will both be sold in the vext year for big bucks. That's where football is , Fucked , all about the money honey

Is that not what brought them here? unless you’re suggesting just like Brendan they’ve always loved the club

Good start to the League Cup Qualifiers for Stenny today, getting one over Premiership outfit St. Johnstone. All hands to the pump as the squad is still threadbare at this moment. Only had three outfield subs and kept a clean sheet with very much a reserve back 4. New keeper looks good though, he was tested several times and kept em at bay.

Another good result for Airdrie today. Hopefully a win against Bonnyrig Rose will be enough for one of the best 2nd places although something against ICT isnt out of the realms. 

Bodes well for this season. Would take 8th right now but theres not a huge difference in quality between 10th and about 4th in the Championship so who knows. We have a horrible fixture list to start.

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

From what I have read there is no cut the OF allocation. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

From what I have read there is no cut the OF allocation. 

I honestly don't know the solution to this from a supporters perspective VA. Celtic and sevco will fill those seats, it's the other clubs that may not, so I can see the reasoning for Aberdeen wanting to give the seats to supporters rather than risk empty seats.. Does that make sense? Lol

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I honestly don't know the solution to this from a supporters perspective VA. Celtic and sevco will fill those seats, it's the other clubs that may not, so I can see the reasoning for Aberdeen wanting to give the seats to supporters rather than risk empty seats.. Does that make sense? Lol

Looks like Aberdeen are being flexible with it. They are removing a fence and allocating much less to some clubs who would usually take 200- 300 fans 

Celtic and Rangers may end up with a bigger allocation than others. 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Looks like Aberdeen are being flexible with it. They are removing a fence and allocating much less to some clubs who would usually take 200- 300 fans 

Celtic and Rangers may end up with a bigger allocation than others. 

Ok, understood, that makes perfect sense.. 👍

9 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I’d give teams the same percentage of stadium capacity as they give Aberdeen, Rangers started reducing away allocations including Celtics so they can have no complaints when other teams reciprocate in kind. There should be something in the rule book regarding minimum away support allocation but there obviously isn’t so it’s left to each clubs discretion. Reap what you sow & stop greeting about it ffs. Stand Free 🇦🇹🇦🇹🇦🇹

46 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ram what exactly? 

You’re clearly another angry tim that has no idea what they’re getting angry at. 

That thread is wonderful with Celtic fans just making things up as they go 😂😂😂

Edited by dandydunn