Season 23/24 - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

I fancy Aberdeen for all 3 points today. We’ve still not quite reset yet, good time to get us imo.

aberdeen are in the same position IMO. Loads of players still settling in. Aberdeen will need a slice of luck to get anything today 

Fans certainly seem to be responding to Burrows interaction and have bought tickets, around 250 left last night. 

The club have asked, the fans have responded, it’s now up to the players & management to ensure they keep coming back. 

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Fans certainly seem to be responding to Burrows interaction and have bought tickets, around 250 left last night. 

The club have asked, the fans have responded, it’s now up to the players & management to ensure they keep coming back. 

As a neutral, I all want to see from teams like Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs this season is a real belief that they can compete with the OF, especially at home.

11 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

As a neutral, I all want to see from teams like Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs this season is a real belief that they can compete with the OF, especially at home.

Totally agree re home matches. I don't expect Aberdeen to go gung ho at the them, I want Aberdeen to work hard for the whole match, be in their faces and cause them alot of problems. Do that and there's a chance of 3 points.

And there is the suckered punch. Aberdeen never capitalised on the pressure and celtic took advantage. That's what happens when you have ten times the budget of your opponents, one moment is all you need to kill a game

Oh well, at least aberdeen had a go this time

Edited by vanderark14

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

We have outshot you 10-2, and had 66% possession. What match are you watching by the way... Never in doubt...👊👊

Aberdeen had 11 attempts on goal to celtic 16.

Robson has improved the dons and we still have our best CB to come back plus a new LB incoming 

The dons had a go which is an improvement on last season against celtic

Edited by vanderark14

A bit of a missed opportunity for the sheep that. Aberdeens press was good but that they lacked any real quality when they won it back. A lot of crosses into the box which we actually dealt with quite well for a change.

Good result in the end because we are still miles off it!

1 minute ago, slasher said:

A bit of a missed opportunity for the sheep that. Aberdeens press was good but that they lacked any real quality when they won it back. A lot of crosses into the box which we actually dealt with quite well for a change.

Good result in the end because we are still miles off it!

Fair summary that except I would add Aberdeen are still 2 or 3 starters away from being full strength