Season 23/24 - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cantwell has somehow earned himself untouchable status with alot of the Rangers support, no doubt partly down to his "getting it", we hate all things Celticness however alot of the times I watch him he makes mistake after mistake that would get punished against better oppositon.

Perhaps this is why he didnt succeed at Norwich. He does offer something going forward but consistently makes poor choices on the pitch. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Am I reading this correctly. Beale is thinking about bringing fat arse back as he can't find a club to sign him and Beale wants to bolster his fattacking options... 

Given that we've spent £15M or so on our forward line and now have Lammers, Dessers, Sima, Sakala, Roofe and soon to be Danilo I'd be almost certain you're not reading it correctly.  Or at the very least you're not reading it in the right place.

31 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Given that we've spent £15M or so on our forward line and now have Lammers, Dessers, Sima, Sakala, Roofe and soon to be Danilo I'd be almost certain you're not reading it correctly.  Or at the very least you're not reading it in the right place.

Could be FB, you know the papers these days.. 😉

31 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

What's even funnier is you know who "fat arse" is..🤣🤣. I'm just retired and bored.. Enjoy the day FB..👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

34 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0o3pK29NSXVfLxqF1zqzhshExX8WtWysuuFgGhoosbGcK9E5MPUErwkyMaLokSCGFl&id=100063578888361&post_id=100063578888361_pfbid0o3pK29NSXVfLxqF1zqzhshExX8WtWysuuFgGhoosbGcK9E5MPUErwkyMaLokSCGFl&sfnsn=mo&mibextid=6aamW6

Here mate...

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I think your mistake was trusting a story about Rangers from a page called “Celtic FC to the Core”. Although to be fair I’d imagine they do post a LOT of Rangers related content! 

And the Twitter page they’ve quoted is just some random guy. He’s got less than 800 followers and isn’t associated to any press agency or football agent. And just about every second tweet seems to be noising up Rangers fans. It’s like me putting on Twitter that I’ve heard Brendan is leaving Celtic and they’re getting Barry Ferguson to replace him and people believing it! 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I think your mistake was trusting a story about Rangers from a page called “Celtic FC to the Core”. Although to be fair I’d imagine they do post a LOT of Rangers related content! 

And the Twitter page they’ve quoted is just some random guy. He’s got less than 800 followers and isn’t associated to any press agency or football agent. And just about every second tweet seems to be noising up Rangers fans. It’s like me putting on Twitter that I’ve heard Brendan is leaving Celtic and they’re getting Barry Ferguson to replace him and people believing it! 

Dinnae start wae the Brendan leaving pish pal, ma heart cannae take that...🤣🤣🤣👍👍

Aberdeen beat charlton 3 2 today. Its only pre season but the scoreline flattered charlton. Aberdeen should have been 4 or 5 up at half time and had further chances in the 2nd.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Job done for Airdrie in the cup. 

Anybody know how the seeding works?

Seeds for the next round are Airdrie, Ayr United, Motherwell and the five European representatives.

Which means Airdrie cannot draw Hibs....................

11 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Seeds for the next round are Airdrie, Ayr United, Motherwell and the five European representatives.

Which means Airdrie cannot draw Hibs....................

Honestly think Airdrie would beat the Hibs side that I watched midweek. Hibs mamager to be 2nd sacked would be a good bet. 1st will be St Johnstone without a doubt.

Its great to be seeded but could have done with a big on TV payday. Never know, could get lucky with the draw and make it through.

Love these group games before league season starts, far better than boring friendlies. On another point, Kevin Clancy should be fined for his incompetence yesterday at Fir Park. Added 5 seconds injury time despite 10 substitutions, a sending off and a stoppage for a head injury. A late goal for East Fife could have affected the seedings for the knockout stages.

Home to Ross County isnt the money spinner that the club cluld have done with but on the other hand a win isnt out of the question.

Especially at home where the playing surface suits our passing style of play. Airdrie are looking good but our squad is very small so any injuries or suspensions and we will struggle. Likewise with too many games in close proximity.

Watched the Celtic friendly tonight. Was the 1st chance ive had to see them since Rodgers returned. Conclusion is that they will struggle in Europe again, far too open but will win the league again. 

When teams have the energy and discipline to press them high then they struggle however when they sit off Celtic will score loads.

Main difference in style is that Ange seemed to play alot more quick passes through the middle whereas Rodgers will either go quick down the wings or stop and control and then rely on passing and movement when teams sit in.

The movement and quickness that Celtic move the ball is the difference between them and Rangers (although maybe Rangers players are still to click)

8 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Watched the Celtic friendly tonight. Was the 1st chance ive had to see them since Rodgers returned. Conclusion is that they will struggle in Europe again, far too open but will win the league again. 

When teams have the energy and discipline to press them high then they struggle however when they sit off Celtic will score loads.

Main difference in style is that Ange seemed to play alot more quick passes through the middle whereas Rodgers will either go quick down the wings or stop and control and then rely on passing and movement when teams sit in.

The movement and quickness that Celtic move the ball is the difference between them and Rangers (although maybe Rangers players are still to click)

My first proper look at the team post Ange last night as well. The first thing I noticed was that inverted full backs has gone (although Taylor slipped back into it a couple of times accidentally 😂). That’s probably as clear a sign as any that there’s still work to be done on the training ground. Some of the new players showed up very well. Holm and Nawrocki looked steady enough and Yang looks potentially quite exciting. The other Korean boy Kwon had a shocker though and caused no end of problems in the first half. I’m going to put it down to trying too hard to impress as he doesn’t seem to lack in confidence!

Youre right about Europe though. We are still 3 or 4 quality additions away from being more competitive there. I’m hoping that the rumours of us trying to hijack the Livakovic deal are true as we definitely need a new keeper. Joe Hart has done well for us but he has been howling with the ball at his feet pre season. If we go with him as no1 this season he will cost us at some point. The other two keepers on the books just won’t cut it.

edit to say: I asked a Rangers fan I work with how he thought they were shaping up. His reply was as follows ‘this boay Cifuentes better be fuckin good or we’re in bother!’

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, slasher said:

My first proper look at the team post Ange last night as well. The first thing I noticed was that inverted full backs has gone (although Taylor slipped back into it a couple of times accidentally 😂). That’s probably as clear a sign as any that there’s still work to be done on the training ground. Some of the new players showed up very well. Holm and Nawrocki looked steady enough and Yang looks potentially quite exciting. The other Korean boy Kwon had a shocker though and caused no end of problems in the first half. I’m going to put it down to trying too hard to impress as he doesn’t seem to lack in confidence!

Youre right about Europe though. We are still 3 or 4 quality additions away from being more competitive there. I’m hoping that the rumours of us trying to hijack the Livakovic deal are true as we definitely need a new keeper. Joe Hart has done well for us but he has been howling with the ball at his feet pre season. If we go with him as no1 this season he will cost us at some point. The other two keepers on the books just won’t cut it.

edit to say: I asked a Rangers fan I work with how he thought they were shaping up. His reply was as follows ‘this boay Cifuentes better be fuckin good or we’re in bother!’

From what ive seen of Rangers they appear to have bought well (although Sima doesnt look that great to me.) Lammers will be an excellent player however as a team they just dont move the ball quickly enough. The difference when watching Celtic is the number of players moving off the ball. For Rangers its always pretty obvious where the next pass is going.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

I've seen about a game and a half of preseason and I'd say my mood at the moment is "concerned".  Lammers looks a player and Dessers has looked decent in spells and it's far to early to tell on Danilo.  Not seen too much of Dowell or Sterling however from the little I've seen our defence has been honking, especially down the left hand side.  If we go in to the season with Barisic as our starting left back we're in bother and from what I've seen of Yilmaz he doesn't look like much of an upgrade.  We've still got Goldson to come back in so he'll make a big difference and keeping Souttar fit will be massive for us as Davies looks too lightweight.  We seem to be lacking something in the middle of the park so hopefully Cifuentes is the answer but I can't say he looks all that great from the clips I've seen.

Todd Cantwell.. He really is something else.. Getting a "56" sewn on his shorts and claiming the league is already won.. I have even seen some comments from rangers supporters that aren't to happy with his antics. I personally think the lad is a clown. Shooting his mouth off before a ball has even been kicked is not very smart in my eyes..

31 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Todd Cantwell.. He really is something else.. Getting a "56" sewn on his shorts and claiming the league is already won.. I have even seen some comments from rangers supporters that aren't to happy with his antics. I personally think the lad is a clown. Shooting his mouth off before a ball has even been kicked is not very smart in my eyes..

Has he claimed the league is already won?