Season 23/24 - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

I can’t believe the whataboutery and the defence of BR on here. The comments regarding the interviewer not being bothered are also laughable. The comments and tone from BR are unambiguous and cringeworthy. 

Genuine question. You support Sevco, fair enough.. Did you find anything wrong with Souness "It's a man's game" comment ? He got alot of stick, and offered no apology, and I agreed with him... Or are you just on a witch-hunt for BR?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Varying opinions on the Rodgers thing. My standpoint is he didn't like being asked for extra detail on the first half showing. Jane Lewis was doing her job well though, trying to get the Celtic FC manager to inform the fans of the team why they struggled in the opening half - more journalists should ask questions like this to players/managers.

While I don't think there is any need for a great deal of uproar - I don't think Rodgers is some wild sexist/misogynist - I do believe he could have conducted himself better during that interview, particularly with the way it ended. He came across as unprofessional in those moments.

A quiet apology to Jane Lewis from Rodgers is all that's needed in my opinion. After all she will interview him countless more times going forward - it's nice to maintain a bit of professional respect.

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

Varying opinions on the Rodgers thing. My standpoint is he didn't like being asked for extra detail on the first half showing. Jane Lewis was doing her job well though, trying to get the Celtic FC manager to inform the fans of the team why they struggled in the opening half - more journalists should ask questions like this to players/managers.

While I don't think there is any need for a great deal of uproar - I don't think Rodgers is some wild sexist/misogynist - I do believe he could have conducted himself better during that interview, particularly with the way it ended. He came across as unprofessional in those moments.

A quiet apology to Jane Lewis from Rodgers is all that's needed in my opinion. After all she will interview him countless more times going forward - it's nice to maintain a bit of professional respect.

I thought she was asking for more information about "the story that has been written about this group of players". I think he was implying that the media were out to get them. He brought the subject up, to deflect from that performance and then realised his mistake when she tried to push him for more information about what he was talking about.

17 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Sitting in Ottawa, Canada, watching Ross County v St.Mirren live on Sky Sports.. How many empty seats?? First goal, absolute howler from the defender..... Great for Scottish football....

Probs because the Ross County fans are dwarfed by old firm fans in the area. Their average home attendance is about 4.5k yet there is a population of around 70k in the area. The wider highland area is about 240k

Alao very unlikely that St Mirren would ahve taken many fans for a mid week game resulting in at least one whole stand being empty. Most of the Highland population is concentrated in the Inverness area, but ICT struggle to get 1.5k at games.

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Genuine question. You support Sevco, fair enough.. Did you find anything wrong with Souness "It's a man's game" comment ? He got alot of stick, and offered no apology, and I agreed with him... Or are you just on a witch-hunt for BR?

Is your default position alwasy but but rainjurs pure did it as well?

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Is your default position alwasy but but rainjurs pure did it as well?

No. It seems the only folk on here thinking Rodgers should face the craic, are sevconians.. Just saying like.. I could not give a flying fuck about Sevco, but I do care about MY manager, and the comments I read, which folk are entitled to.... Hope all is well VA..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Seems Rodgers has done something right this week. 

He has done fuck all, Dundee have Dundeed it big time.

Tony Docherty seems to be decent one week and abysmal the following. But this is a new low, playing those two strikers was worse than suicidal, its beyond anything that even Dees have seen.

Massive 3 points for Rangers at Rugby Park, especially with Celtic being out of sight at half time. We don’t come close to digging that out under Beale. Credit to Clement, he picked the wrong team but changed it when it was clear it wasn’t working. I won’t be too bothered if that’s the last we see of Barasic in a Rangers jersey. 

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Massive 3 points for Rangers at Rugby Park, especially with Celtic being out of sight at half time. We don’t come close to digging that out under Beale. Credit to Clement, he picked the wrong team but changed it when it was clear it wasn’t working. I won’t be too bothered if that’s the last we see of Barasic in a Rangers jersey. 

That was a massive win. Thought we would drop points after our first half showing. Butland made a great save within minutes of restart. Tav is a superb player for us. 

Killie deserved a point at least tonight, outplayed rangers in the first half and gave a good account second half. Same as before against rangers we gave away 2 quick goals.

Could have been out of sight at half time too.

Also the refereeing/var is appalling, rangers should have had a penalty for hand ball if not 2.

And the penalty hearts got is a fucking shocker.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Tony Docherty seems to be decent one week and abysmal the following. But this is a new low, playing those two strikers was worse than suicidal, its beyond anything that even Dees have seen.

Once again absolutely comical defending on show in the spfl tonight. That has to be the story, not how great Celtic were.

Meanwhile Adam Idah is looking like a world class superstar despite having a scoring rate approaching 1 in 7 in England.

5 hours ago, kumnio said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/rbp8RMc3kirTvhzU/?mibextid=xfxF2i

😂😂😂😂

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

a 7-1 win s never down to just the opposition being shite. Celtic were clinical, 10 shots on target, 7 went in. So they did something right

On a side note, it looks like 7 different scorers from Celtic too, has that been done before?

11 hours ago, Kirk said:

Killie deserved a point at least tonight, outplayed rangers in the first half and gave a good account second half. Same as before against rangers we gave away 2 quick goals.

Could have been out of sight at half time too.

Also the refereeing/var is appalling, rangers should have had a penalty for hand ball if not 2.

We had a good second penalty shout for the trip on Donnelly. And what looked like a professional foul by Diamonte on Polworth went unpunished.

Anyway it's good to be giving the Old Firm a challenge after some of the games last season. McInnes has needed time but is now putting his stamp on the team.

Edited by Toepoke

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

We had a good second penalty shout for the trip on Donnelly. And what looked like a professional foul by Diamonte on Polworth went unpunished.

Anyway it's good to be giving the Old Firm a challenge after some of the games last season. McInnes has needed time but is now putting his stamp on the team.

Done an excellent job at Killie and hope they can catch Hearts to take that 3rd place spot.

Talking about McInnes, I wonder how Aberdeen fans are thinking about it now when you consider the mess they have been in since he left? They hounded McInness out when they were fourth, despite all he’d achieved there. Looks how it’s went since as they now find themselves in a relegation battle with an absolute dinosaur of a manager in charge.

14 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I said Warnock would be a disaster appointment for Aberdeen. And it seems be borne out by the results. 

He's achieved the seemingly impossible and made us twice as bad as we were under Robson. Made St Johnstone look like prime Barcelona at times with our atrocious defending and 1 man midfield. I don't think we can hold off Ross County with 11 games left, and there's no way that shower are beating Raith or whoever in a play-off. 😞

Sky Bet still offering an incredible 14/1 for us to finish in the Bottom 2!!

Just now, mr mojo risin said:

That’s a generous price, I thought Warnock would do alright (short term) but obviously tattering your players constantly doesn’t appear to be working. Reminds me of Butcher at the Hibernians and we know how that ended 

21 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

He's achieved the seemingly impossible and made us twice as bad as we were under Robson. Made St Johnstone look like prime Barcelona at times with our atrocious defending and 1 man midfield. I don't think we can hold off Ross County with 11 games left, and there's no way that shower are beating Raith or whoever in a play-off. 😞

Aberdeen is his 20th management appointment. 7th in the last 10 year, one of those was for 3 years. He is a nasty piece of work. Can't believe some Rangers fans wanted him in post Beale.  

Edited by EddardStark