Season 23/24 - Page 34 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

33 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Aberdeen would’ve been taking corners continuously under that rule, Clancy warned the keeper constantly in the first half but did nothing until booking him in the 94th minute 🤬

Clancy was horrific all night. GBH on McGrath & Duk unpunished in both halves

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Aberdeen would’ve been taking corners continuously under that rule, Clancy warned the keeper constantly in the first half but did nothing until booking him in the 94th minute 🤬

Every team does it

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Clancy was horrific all night. GBH on McGrath & Duk unpunished in both halves

Despite the ref aberdeen were their own worst enemy. 

When I saw the lineup I couldn't believe Morris was starting, I started doubting warnock because that lineup looked worse than any Robson side. 

Thankfully warnock isn't afraid to make big changes. Morris was off and hopefully that's the last we ever see of that guy in a dons shirt. He's honestly up there with the worst players we've had. 

Motherwell would've been spanked had aberdeen started with the post 30 minute lineup.

Encouraging signs last night but 3 points was a must last night in my opinion, Europe is out of the question now

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Correct but that doesn't prevent or excuse the ref from taking action

He was telling Kelly to hurry up from the start of the game, must’ve told him over a dozen times ffs

if ever there was proof that we needed to sign a clinical finisher it was last night.  43 shots on goal with 23 on target and only 3 goals.  Dessers got 2 but should have had 5 before half time.  We're playing well at the moment but I do worry the lack of goals between now and the end of the season will be a deciding factor.

The stats are ridiculous !

Celtic had 71% possession and 5 shots on target

KIllie had 29% possession and 6 shots on target

5 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Next Wed amongst other ties. . Hearts play Hibs and Rangers are away to Killie.

Skys live game? Livingston v Motherwell.

The TV deal is a joke. On one hand it's far to heavily weighted in favour of the OF however I do think they have to have room to add in extra games. They probably can't screen any more games at tynecastle or iborx because that will brach the stupid contract in place with sky.

I've said it for years, get sky te fuck and get a channel willing to screen more games. Scottish football is nothing more than a slot filler for sky.

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The TV deal is a joke. On one hand it's far to heavily weighted in favour of the OF however I do think they have to have room to add in extra games. They probably can't screen any more games at tynecastle or iborx because that will brach the stupid contract in place with sky.

I've said it for years, get sky te fuck and get a channel willing to screen more games. Scottish football is nothing more than a slot filler for sky.

We should be going to Amazon, Disney or Netflix and trying something like this. 

Every game and see where it goes. 

1 hour ago, LoganRoy said:

It's ambitious but I'd like to se them approach those companies or even set up their own channel and app. 

Their short term outlook on everything has been killing the game for years. Sky will eventually and probably already do rank the WSL above the spfl soon.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It's ambitious but I'd like to se them approach those companies or even set up their own channel and app. 

Their short term outlook on everything has been killing the game for years. Sky will eventually and probably already do rank the WSL above the spfl soon.

They (Sky) pay them more, I understand, as do Barclays with their sponsorship of the women's game.

5 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

They (Sky) pay them more, I understand, as do Barclays with their sponsorship of the women's game.

I could be wrong but I think they pay the WSL £8m per year and the SPFL gets £37.5m but the deal for the WSL is up at the end of this year. Thats from a quick google search

Barclays are just virtue signalling, they jumped on the band wagon of the lionesses. 

What pisses me off s the coverage of the WSL, particularly SSN is often better than that of the SPFL coverage. 

11 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Feel like I’ve been watching the Disney channel for most of the season

11 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Scottish football needs to break away from copying the English model and try and be a seperate entity. There is a mindset in Scottish football that because English club football is so commercially successful then then thats the correct model however it competely ignores the fact that Scottish football is entirely different.

Going down a Netflix / Amazon route would be a great 1st step. Embrace the "throw back the curtain, give full access" and people will start to see what makes the Scottish game great. We need to start thinking outside the box.

Going summer football would also help as it puts our product on at a different time from England. People are desperate to watch football in the summer, how often have you turned on a random friendly knowing it will be rubbish but you just want to watch a match. If we were on Netflix and played in the summer then we could try and tap into the "2nd team" market. Have people from England have a team they like in Scotland. They might even come to the odd game etc.