Season 23/24 - Page 33 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Its hard to think of a Rangers man who isn't thick as shit, Im sure they do exist, possibly Neil McCann, but he is too busy tonguing Gerrards arse, and as a result qualifies as a complete thicko.

I find Neil McCann quite difficult to watch. His relaxed, confident body language/demeanour as if they're all sitting in a pub he owns makes me squirm a bit. Talks like a wise old father time, just seems a bit performative. No idea if he's always been like that or if it's a (middle) management/pundit thing. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Rangers appealing Sterlings red card, surely get extra game ban for obviously FRIVILOUS appeal 🤔 

If had been a yellow I don't think it would have been upgraded to red after a VAR review. I think its 50/50 but it won't be overturned. I have seen worse appeals 

39 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Rangers appealing Sterlings red card, surely get extra game ban for obviously FRIVILOUS appeal 🤔 

🤣

No chance this will be classed as frivilous, can you imagine the statements and backlash 🤣

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Ranger look slight favourites for the title IMO. The down side to that is they are the worst winners in football

It could very well come down to the 2 OF games and given we can't seem to beat Celtic when it matters, I'd still give them the edge.  We also must be due a wobble at some point as we've been remarkably consistent under Clement.

45 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It could very well come down to the 2 OF games and given we can't seem to beat Celtic when it matters, I'd still give them the edge.  We also must be due a wobble at some point as we've been remarkably consistent under Clement.

From what I have seen of Celtic they have regressed under Rodgers and continue to regress. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Rangers are much better but they are marginally better

33 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

We're the best worst winners ever. 

No argument here🤣

Didn't Terry Butcher tell the Hibs squad half way through a season most would be getting punted and the end of the season before going on to be relegated?

Hibernian captain and centre-half Paul Hanlon, 34, will be one of a host of senior names allowed to leave this summer as the Edinburgh club seek to lower the average age of their first-team squad.

Learn from your mistakes. Not a term that can be used much in Scottish football.

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Didn't Terry Butcher tell the Hibs squad half way through a season most would be getting punted and the end of the season before going on to be relegated?

Hibernian captain and centre-half Paul Hanlon, 34, will be one of a host of senior names allowed to leave this summer as the Edinburgh club seek to lower the average age of their first-team squad.

Learn from your mistakes. Not a term that can be used much in Scottish football.

Hibs could be 10th by teatime on Saturday with a double header against Ross County to come in a couple of weeks, they could also finish in the top 6 and qualify for a European position. Not offering Paul Hanlon another contract won’t effect either of those outcomes, one club men usually happen because the player is not good enough to play at a higher level than they’re actually at. Hanlon fits that bill perfectly, he’s only lasted due to Hibs constant churn of managers. Wouldn’t be shocked to see the old pals act take him to Raith which realistically is his level these days

43 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Hibs could be 10th by teatime on Saturday with a double header against Ross County to come in a couple of weeks, they could also finish in the top 6 and qualify for a European position. Not offering Paul Hanlon another contract won’t effect either of those outcomes, one club men usually happen because the player is not good enough to play at a higher level than they’re actually at. Hanlon fits that bill perfectly, he’s only lasted due to Hibs constant churn of managers. Wouldn’t be shocked to see the old pals act take him to Raith which realistically is his level these days

Going to the Rovers might be a step up for him next season? 😉

26 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Would love to see a team from Fife back in the premier league, 5 defeats on the trot tho

Aye they've let it slip a lot. They've got United on Friday night. If they don't win that then it's the playoffs for them. 

Hibs v Rovers in the playoff final?

8 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Motherwell wasting time after 22 minutes, keeper booked in the 95th 😂😂😂

Was listening to a podcast recently regarding proposed law/rule changes, team concedes a corner if the goalie is deemed to be time wasting. Seems a good deterrent as yellow cards very rarely have an impact unless it’s their 2nd. 

23 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Was listening to a podcast recently regarding proposed law/rule changes, team concedes a corner if the goalie is deemed to be time wasting. Seems a good deterrent as yellow cards very rarely have an impact unless it’s their 2nd. 

Aberdeen would’ve been taking corners continuously under that rule, Clancy warned the keeper constantly in the first half but did nothing until booking him in the 94th minute 🤬