Scotland v Georgia - Match day thread - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Georgia - Match day thread

Tartan blood

7 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

It was worse against San marino

Christ knows how that game was allowed to continue - possibly only because neither side was complaining about the conditions. Most of the pitch by the South Stand was under a puddle in that game.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, BookhouseBoys said:

Exactly. I’m not saying the surface isn’t  bad, but the Georgians were happy enough to start the match. Trying to get it stopped immediately after Scotland score and after only 8mins is ridiculous.

Tbf, their manager was complaining prior to the corner.

Georgia would've scored if their attacker knew the ball would've held up as much as it when they had that opportunity after three minutes. It effects both sides equally.

4 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

These sweepers are doing a good job. If the rain stays off then no reason not to continue

Looks significantly better. You can see the difference where people are walking; not as much water is being picked up.

The only time I’ve seen conditions like this was a game we played against Portugal in Braga twenty-odd years ago.  That was only a friendly but it was an utter farce.  Similarly we played Spain in Valencia in another friendly which was abandoned after an hour when a thunderstorm hit.

Those were two friendlies, an important qualification game shouldn’t be played in these conditions.

9 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

According to the BBC If the game is called off it’s a restart from the point it stops tomorrow. That’s a bastard for the fans who’ve travelled from outside Glasgow 

It's going to be more of a bastard with the time the game is now going to finish especially if you are relying on public transport

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

The only time I’ve seen conditions like this was a game we played against Portugal in Braga twenty-odd years ago.  That was only a friendly but it was an utter farce.  Similarly we played Spain in Valencia in another friendly which was abandoned after an hour when a thunderstorm hit.

Those were two friendlies, an important qualification game shouldn’t be played in these conditions.

I was in Braga.  We got handed out these wee shower things .  But as you say it was only a friendly so didn;t really matter.

9 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Bit shite but at least we get to keep our goal.

I know, I always thought 60 minutes was the magic number and that any cancellation before then the game starts 0-0. After that the score stands.

J

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

There's no way the Georgia captain will play this game. An absolute joke leaving it up to the captains. Make a decision ref you fucking wimp.

Exactly.

Regardless of whether the game continues tonight or is played tomorrow - it starts at 1-0 Scotland. There's no possibility of the game getting completely restarted.