SNP leadership election - Page 94 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP leadership election

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

The new leader going to Charles’ crowning instead of the AUOB march . Showing the continued priority of the Scotland government.

seems a full on Berkshire Hunt to me.

Even Wings realises him not going would be a million times worse than going

As he says - he is representing all Scots

The problem is that during the leadership election he said he would be going to both

8 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Must've been the Indyref2 battlebus.

So NS and PM have allegedly spent £110k of independence money on a mobile home and parked it in his maw’s driveway.  
Maybe they are cooking meth in it too . 

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

So NS and PM have allegedly spent £110k of independence money on a mobile home and parked it in his maw’s driveway.  

Seemingly neighbours have said it's been there for 2 years

£110k will not get you much in the way of a brand new mobile home - so if it's a biggun it will be 2nd hand

Peter Murrell does not come across as your typical RV guy tbh

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The problem is that during the leadership election he said he would be going to both

Yeah , any excuse to call him a cunt.

typical of the Union to have the Coronation the same day 🙂

On 4/7/2023 at 12:42 PM, Ally Bongo said:

That's the company that audits the SNP books chucked it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65212357

The party's total income was; £4,510,460

Total expenditure was £5,262,032

Assets were £1,630,454

Liabilities were £1,055,689.

WTAF

Greater context is needed for those figures:

Year	Income		Expenditure	Net Assets	Net Liabilities
2002	£972,976	£1,039,091	£115,575	£486,304
2003	£908,200	£1,394,090	£86,822		£972,362
2004	£1,305,775	£999,141	£518,139	£747,263
2005	£1,085,446	£1,186,867	£135,264	£885,778
2006	£1,836,405	£1,384,154	£232,995	£577,219
2007	£2,562,970	£2,803,560	£327,838	£912,652
2008	£1,768,384	£1,700,401	£260,006	£776,837
2009	£1,842,127	£1,737,609	£372,893	£785,206
2010	£1,861,995	£2,167,720	£280,920	£998,958
2011	£5,030,916	£3,453,882	£1,458,931	£599,935
2012	£2,300,459	£2,656,059	£887,419	£384,023
2013	£2,038,245	£2,776,898	£300,100	£535,357
2014	£7,048,050	£7,297,545	£381,691	£866,443
2015	£6,010,002	£5,454,507	£1,434,547	£1,363,804
2016	£4,873,386	£6,174,393	£1,036,310	£2,266,574
2017	£5,800,371	£5,098,383	£1,035,800	£1,564,076
2018	£4,748,450	£3,629,097	£1,834,876	£1,243,799
2019	£5,290,815	£5,609,024	£1,513,312	£1,241,396
2020	£4,427,421	£3,337,000	£2,383,456	£1,021,119
2021	£4,510,460	£5,262,032	£1,630,454	£1,055,689

It's almost guarenteed a party will spend more than its income in an election year - only in three election years (2011, 2015 and 2017) has the party had a net profit. 2011 appears to have been boosted by early donations for a referendum, 2015 was likely a result of the membership surge and 2017 was perhaps a result of the unexpected nature of that election.

A big issue has been there's been very few years since 2014 where the party hasn't been contesting an election of any sort - the party hasn't had an opportunity to build up cash reserves for a few years. Assuming the next general election is in 2024, that would represent the biggest gap since 2014 without an election:

• 2014 - Euro elections, Indyref
  • 2015 - General election
  • 2016 - Holyrood election, EU referendum
  • 2017 - Local elections; snap general election
  • 2018 - none
  • 2019 - Euro elections, snap general election
  • 2020 - none
  • 2021 - Holyrood election
  • 2022 - none
  • 2023 - none
  • 2024 - Likely general election

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Maybe they are cooking meth in it too . 

In their underwear! 🤣

The thing is, the Daily Mail are insinuating that that's what happened and inviting people to believe it! 🤣

1 hour ago, Shaundy said:

Yeah , any excuse to call him a cunt.

typical of the Union to have the Coronation the same day 🙂

Given the shitstorm that's raging at the moment, if i was him I'd probably just go and show face at jug lugs' wee day too. Not going just won't be worth the hassle unfortunately.

36 minutes ago, scotlad said:

In their underwear! 🤣

The thing is, the Daily Mail are insinuating that that's what happened and inviting people to believe it! 🤣

😂😂 thanks for that vision ! 

Tomorrow’s Mail headline: 

‘ Breaking’ ( bad ) News !!!
Sturgeon and Murrell fuelling Scotlands drug problem in their mobile meth den. 

22 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂😂 thanks for that vision ! 

Tomorrow’s Mail headline: 

‘ Breaking’ ( bad ) News !!!
Sturgeon and Murrell fuelling Scotlands drug problem in their mobile meth den. 

Don't give them ideas! 🤣

22 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'm not sure I agree with this 

Independence has always got to be the number one priority for any SNP leader and right now we need unity amongst Indy supporters so for that reason Yousuf should go to this march

On 4/1/2023 at 10:36 AM, aaid said:

This was in 2020, before any vaccines were available.  Do you think it was acceptable then for someone to travel 400 miles on a train knowing they were infected?

Yet it was fine for Prince Tampon and his entourage to travel to Scotland while infected and spread the disease without anyone calling for him to be imprisoned or made to do community service?  Utter fucking hypocrisy on that and on the likes of Cummings and indeed all the partygoers who took the piss.  Ferrier may well have been affected by Covid to the point where her judgement was affected adversely.  I know I was a bit disconnected from reality when Ii had covid around that time.  The way she is being demonised and bullied, including by the SNP leadership, is disgraceful. Scottish Labour exposing themselves as a vile bunch yet again too.

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not sure I agree with this 

Independence has always got to be the number one priority for any SNP leader and right now we need unity amongst Indy supporters so for that reason Yousuf should go to this march

It is his duty to attend the coronation. It’s as simple as that. He’s an elected leader of Scotland which is part of the union and the King is our head of state.  

People may want those things to change, in wanting independence or the abolishment of the monarchy, but until they do, a leader of Scotland should act accordingly. I think anyone who things otherwise is kinda living in cloud cuckoo land on this.  

Agree with the previous poster that the contentious but is if he said he would also do the AUOB event and is now rowing back from that. 

2 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

It is his duty to attend the coronation. It’s as simple as that. He’s an elected leader of Scotland which is part of the union and the King is our head of state.  

People may want those things to change, in wanting independence or the abolishment of the monarchy, but until they do, a leader of Scotland should act accordingly. I think anyone who things otherwise is kinda living in cloud cuckoo land on this.  

Agree with the previous poster that the contentious but is if he said he would also do the AUOB event and is now rowing back from that. 

Had a brief look at speakers for the AUOB rally. Iirc I didn't see anyone from Humza's side of the SNP. Have they been asked or is it AUOB (except continuity SNP), or have they been asked but turned it down?

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Had a brief look at speakers for the AUOB rally. Iirc I didn't see anyone from Humza's side of the SNP. Have they been asked or is it AUOB (except continuity SNP), or have they been asked but turned it down?

That's a good point, there isn't.

I really don't think it would be worth him snubbing the coronation, he'd get absolutely slaughtered for it at a time when everything else appears to be going to shit. He knows he's going to get it tight over things beyond his control, so there's nae sense in making more drama if he doesn't have to. 

What he could have done is send his deputy FM to the rally in his place. The only thing is his deputy FM is Shona Robison, and the thought of Shona Robison making a rousing speech to a crowd is laughable!

7 hours ago, Alibi said:

Yet it was fine for Prince Tampon and his entourage to travel to Scotland while infected and spread the disease without anyone calling for him to be imprisoned or made to do community service?  Utter fucking hypocrisy on that and on the likes of Cummings and indeed all the partygoers who took the piss.  Ferrier may well have been affected by Covid to the point where her judgement was affected adversely.  I know I was a bit disconnected from reality when Ii had covid around that time.  The way she is being demonised and bullied, including by the SNP leadership, is disgraceful. Scottish Labour exposing themselves as a vile bunch yet again too.

Laughing at “prince tampon” . Never forgot that shite. But c’mon,  you can’t be holding deviant cunts to account can you for being, well, deviant. 

regards the March in May. It should be remembered the snp leadership (sic) has more or less blanked the actual independence movement for years . The new private school cunt is the continuity leader. 

18 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Given that the heads of state of Ireland and France are going to the coronation, if Scotland was an independent republic he'd probably still be attending. 

https://archive.is/xUSje

Auditors’ departure kept secret from SNP national executive

Every single member of the NEC and it's numerous sub-committees should be ejected ASAP

All Yes men and women

Nobody brave enough, except Douglas Chapman, to take issue with what was going on

If the NEC doesnt know about finances or membership then it is not doing it's job

2 hours ago, aaid said:

That sounds like a stupid waste of money but not something that’s illegal.

Probably holds its value comparatively well actually but if it's been bought from the missing £600k clearly a bit dodgy.

Just now, ThistleWhistle said:

Not having auditors with year end accounts to file on the face of it seems the most pressing issue.

What happens if they don't file audited accounts and what happens if the party goes insolvent?

It's got Rangers going bump vibes.

Was going to say can SNP stand in the European elections without 5 years of accounts?

28 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Probably holds its value comparatively well actually but if it's been bought from the missing £600k clearly a bit dodgy.

That is true, motorhomes do retain their value pretty well, but given that it’s sat there unused for two years, that money could have been put to better use.

I think we’ll find that the “600k” will have been spent - assuming it has - on other campaigning expenses, ie, clearly not on a referendum as there hasn’t been one.  It’ll be argued that comes under the terms of that appeal.  Any members and/or donors can take their own view as to whether they accept that and are entitled to be upset or angry if they don’t.  I doubt it will be anything illegal.   I think @Orraloon pointed this out a while ago.

4 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Not having auditors with year end accounts to file on the face of it seems the most pressing issue.

What happens if they don't file audited accounts and what happens if the party goes insolvent?

It's got Rangers going bump vibes.

Funnily enough, I was thinking similar.  When MIM got itself into serious problems and Murray needed to dispose of Rangers, all the noise over the ongoing tax case and the financial implications probably scared off potential new owners and the club ended up with a succession of shysters owning the club.

It must be difficult to engage a new set of auditors with all this stuff going on in the background.