The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No it was Steve conroy

I just watched the video from 2 different angles, definitely penalty !! Not taking anything away from Killie, they deserved the victory, but why even have VAR when you completely miss a stonewall penalty... 

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Kirk said:

I thought watching it they would give it with VAR. His problem is he throws himself to ground all the time and he was trying to make the contact and already going down.

This is my take on it too

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

This is my take on it too

It's exactly how it should be ruled too. Any hint of diving or trying to win penalties etc from nothing should just be waved away. Takes a bit of balls from the ref but they barely even checked this one.

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Enough said... Not to take anything away from Killie, but what a shocking decision...

1000011843.jpg

Would've been a soft decision, but makes up for the stonewaller we should've got in the last minute at Hampden in January...

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Kirk said:

I thought watching it they would give it with VAR. His problem is he throws himself to ground all the time and he was trying to make the contact and already going down.

I would actually agree with that. It’s the sort of thing Ryan Kent did all the time, initiate the contact. I was more annoyed about the elbow on Taylor which was a pivotal moment. That should have been a red card imo.

It’s all semantics anyway, we got what we deserved in the end, fuck all!

• 1 month later...

Three things come from this Liverpool “goal” fiasco

The VAR guys are too busy giving a running commentary on every part of the play and clearly not paid attention to the fact between the ref and linesman offside had been given.

The time delay in linesmen flagging for offside nowadays is nonsense and probably contributed to the confusion.

Offside should return to the need for clear daylight to be between players to be deemed offside, not baw hair parts of a body being forward of the opponent.

The communication in the VAR base was like folk who knew nowt about football, the fact the technician knew what had happened and the refs didn’t sums it up

• 2 weeks later...

I've always supported VAR because in theory it should work, however im now at the point where I feel it has to go.

Nothing has changed in terms of arguments about refereeing decisions so why bother with the lengthy delays, expensive equipment and additional refs.

Plow the money into improving the refs and making the rules clearer.

29 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I've always supported VAR because in theory it should work, however im now at the point where I feel it has to go.

Nothing has changed in terms of arguments about refereeing decisions so why bother with the lengthy delays, expensive equipment and additional refs.

Plow the money into improving the refs and making the rules clearer.

Im not a fan of VAR for things that arent factual however it probably gets many more things right than it does wrong.

That being said I think we are now at the stage where the audio of the ref needs to be played real time as trust is being lost.

6 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im not a fan of VAR for things that arent factual however it probably gets many more things right than it does wrong.

That being said I think we are now at the stage where the audio of the ref needs to be played real time as trust is being lost.

6 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

This will just create more problems IMO, looking what happened when they revealed the audio of the Liverpool incident

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

This is the most shocking use of VAR, its absolutely horrendous.

Regardless whether people think that its a penalty or not, the system has broken dowm tonight.

Personally I think it is a penalty. Didnt real time however its clear that he kicks the Dons player rather than just steps across to protect the ball.

Regardless of that though, the ref allowed the goal kick to be taken less than 30 seconds later. Theres not a chance that VAR were able to watch the incident, even in real time from more than 1 angle. Would have put Aberdeen 3-1 up and taken the wind out of POAKs sails again. 

I hope Aberdeen are lodging a formal complaint. It seems that the longer VAR is in place the more its not being used properly which renders it useless.

If it was looked at for 3 mins and VAR decided no penalty then fair enough. It would be wrong imo but fair enough as its subjective. However they simply cant have looked. 

2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Regardless whether people think that its a penalty or not, the system has broken dowm tonight.

Personally I think it is a penalty. Didnt real time however its clear that he kicks the Dons player rather than just steps across to protect the ball.

Regardless of that though, the ref allowed the goal kick to be taken less than 30 seconds later. Theres not a chance that VAR were able to watch the incident, even in real time from more than 1 angle. Would have put Aberdeen 3-1 up and taken the wind out of POAKs sails again. 

I hope Aberdeen are lodging a formal complaint. It seems that the longer VAR is in place the more its not being used properly which renders it useless.

If it was looked at for 3 mins and VAR decided no penalty then fair enough. It would be wrong imo but fair enough as its subjective. However they simply cant have looked. 

I was behind that goal and didn’t think it was a penalty at the time but having seen a recording of it how did var nae see the foul on McKenzie, a more blatant penalty you couldn’t find, brown envelopes delivered me thinks 🤬🤬🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Never thought I'd say this but John Beaton had a good game yesterday

I've no doubt hibs fans will say they should've had a pen, yesterday I thought it was a stonewall penalty but from this angle I can see why it wasn't given. 

Boyle was definitely offside too

https://x.com/ryanmeston07/status/1720910087022121354?s=20