The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VAR overturned a horrendous penalty decision last night during the PAOK v Dons match. The right decision was made by VAR but they still managed to make a complete ass of the process. The ref had no need to go to the monitor and waste another 3 or 4 minutes. VAR should just tell the ref its a blatant dive, he cheated so book the cunt............................Nope, VAR puts responsibility on to the ref who has to go to a small screen at the side of the pitch and then tell everyone what they knew 5 minutes prior. 

Incredibly the farce did not end there, the ref did not book the player for the dive, he just played on🤣

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

VAR overturned a horrendous penalty decision last night during the PAOK v Dons match. The right decision was made by VAR but they still managed to make a complete ass of the process. The ref had no need to go to the monitor and waste another 3 or 4 minutes. VAR should just tell the ref its a blatant dive, he cheated so book the cunt............................Nope, VAR puts responsibility on to the ref who has to go to a small screen at the side of the pitch and then tell everyone what they knew 5 minutes prior. 

Incredibly the farce did not end there, the ref did not book the player for the dive, he just played on🤣

Im not sure a player can get a booking using VAR. Can only be used for a red as far as im aware.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That just makes it all even more fucked up

Was just about to post the same thing VA.. It makes no sense. You have a review panel to review an incident, why is a red card offence different from a penalty? Not a fan at all, it's a shambles. Even the 4-5 minute delay in the match can slow down the play. Get rid of it !!!

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

That just makes it all even more fucked up

I understand the general reason behind not using VAR for yellow cards as it would take all day but if you are already looking at a penalty and find it to be a dive then I not only think it could be used to give a yellow, in order to discourage diving it should always be used to give a yellow. Otherwise its like a free hit for the attacking player.

12 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I understand the general reason behind not using VAR for yellow cards as it would take all day but if you are already looking at a penalty and find it to be a dive then I not only think it could be used to give a yellow, in order to discourage diving it should always be used to give a yellow. Otherwise its like a free hit for the attacking player.

I'd go one further and send the player off. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd go one further and send the player off. 

Punishment for the diver should be the same as would have been for the offender I.e. last man red card for foul should be red card for diver trying to get the foul.

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Without wanting to sound like the red specs are on, seeing the various angles, was it Polvara, making the challenge? was shown to be a yard away from contact, yet the guy got away with it. 

Unfortunately, that’s football nowadays, two players I can think of that get away with it week after week is Duk (this season) and Kyogo (since he arrived) 

It needs stamped out and red cards issued for a blatant attempt of cheating. 

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Without wanting to sound like the red specs are on, seeing the various angles, was it Polvara, making the challenge? was shown to be a yard away from contact, yet the guy got away with it. 

Unfortunately, that’s football nowadays, two players I can think of that get away with it week after week is Duk (this season) and Kyogo (since he arrived) 

It needs stamped out and red cards issued for a blatant attempt of cheating. 

And therin lies the problem. Very few Fans, coaches and pundits alike all hate it when another player dives but don't say a thing when one of their own gains an advantage by diving therefore it will never change.

It's getting worse too, getting a man sent off and a foul seems more important than having a pop at goal.

3 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

VAR is definitely not working. VAR missed Ha

Absolutely shocking. Something needs to be done. 

Totally agree. VAR just had to go

No point in having VAR if those watching the video don't overturn that man city oen and the 1st rangers penalty today.

39 minutes ago, dawnoftime said:

var is just there there to give rangers and celtic extra pens

Erm wrong Yawnoftime.... Sevco have a love affair with VAR... Fact !!!! It's no just the penalties awarded to Sevco, it's the diving, embellishment, cheating that VAR ignores to help them along also. No football team in the history of Mankind, has benefited more from VAR than the rangers !!!!!!

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Erm wrong Yawnoftime.... Sevco have a love affair with VAR... Fact !!!! It's no just the penalties awarded to Sevco, it's the diving, embellishment, cheating that VAR ignores to help them along also. No football team in the history of Mankind, has benefited more from VAR than the rangers !!!!!!

Dawnoftime was banned yesterday mate and has come back with another username. He or she is on the wind up