The Referree / Var thread.. - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Referree / Var thread..

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Boyd’s brass necks beyond embarrassment 😵‍💫

I’m not sure, I think he’s just playing a character and all that’s missing is a knowing wink into the camera. Derek Johnstone’s been doing it for decades, I reckon Boyd would be good company if you bumped into him in a boozer

13 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I’m not sure, I think he’s just playing a character and all that’s missing is a knowing wink into the camera. Derek Johnstone’s been doing it for decades, I reckon Boyd would be good company if you bumped into him in a boozer

If you bumped into him he’d want a penalty for rangers & they’d probably get it 😜

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

The bar for penalty awards seems to have gone up again or maybe we’re all just wearing the wrong coloured jerseys 🤔

IMG_5963.png

I agree

Happened several times during the game, too. In fact, it happens in every game 

These cunts should be held to account for what they do and don't see

Personally, I'm totally fed up funding a rigged event

11 minutes ago, slasher said:

The bar for penalty awards seems to have gone up again or maybe we’re all just wearing the wrong coloured jerseys 🤔

IMG_5963.png

Thought it was just the sheep who bleated about nae getting penalties slasher 😜I’ve said it before all of these wrestling bouts should end up in penalties or fouls for the defending team with bookings every time, maybe then it’ll stop.

2 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Thought it was just the sheep who bleated about nae getting penalties slasher 😜I’ve said it before all of these wrestling bouts should end up in penalties or fouls for the defending team with bookings every time, maybe then it’ll stop.

I’m sure it was Juventus at parkhead a couple of years ago, every corner was like a WWE event 

27 minutes ago, Redz said:

I agree

Happened several times during the game, too. In fact, it happens in every game 

These cunts should be held to account for what they do and don't see

Personally, I'm totally fed up funding a rigged event

I don’t understand why there’s not a clamour for some explanations. They’ve gone 73 league games without conceding a pen and the previous run was 40 odd games as well. It defies logic on any level.

I’m fed up as well but for other additional reasons that I think I’ve gone into before. My ST will be going to a new home this summer.

20 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I’m sure it was Juventus at parkhead a couple of years ago, every corner was like a WWE event 

I remember that well. We didn’t have the nous or physicality to deal with it it and the ref did fuck all. Rewind a bit further and we had Larsson, Sutton, Balde and Valgaeren and Juventus’ rough house tactics didnae work and they got pumped!

49 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

I tend not to mention it if we have lost the game. Either way, we are all accused of being conspiracy theorists or moonhowlers despite the facts giving a very different impression. I’ve noticed as well that the huns now just change the narrative if they don’t like the conversation.

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

I tend not to mention it if we have lost the game. Either way, we are all accused of being conspiracy theorists or moonhowlers despite the facts giving a very different impression. I’ve noticed as well that the huns now just change the narrative if they don’t like the conversation.

I’d rather be a diddy club than rely on the decisions they continually get to win games, it doesn’t seem to bother them but then again they cheated their way to league & cup titles for years before they got caught & punished.

44 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

I’d rather be a diddy club than rely on the decisions they continually get to win games, it doesn’t seem to bother them but then again they cheated their way to league & cup titles for years before they got caught & punished.

They weren't punished. They started again and were allowed to walk right into Division 3 with no process followed just because they were Rangers. Rangers maintain they still get to keep their titles and the complicit media join in by pretending nothing changed. 

Slasher makes a great point, they change the narrative when it's something they don't want to hear because they just cannot handle the truth

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

They weren't punished. They started again and were allowed to walk right into Division 3 with no process followed just because they were Rangers. Rangers maintain they still get to keep their titles and the complicit media join in by pretending nothing changed. 

Slasher makes a great point, they change the narrative when it's something they don't want to hear because they just cannot handle the truth

The truth doesn’t interest or bother them, all they’re concerned with is rangers fc. The media continually do their dirty work for them, starting stories about teams before they play them, ignoring or playing down what they or their fans get up too & magnifying anything that happens against them during a game. If it had been the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs fans who had delayed the start of a match by setting off hundreds of flares the press would have demanded harsh sanctions against them.

The Motherwell one, 2 handballs prior to it and then he's pulled and pushed by Dessers; I seen a still where Dessers shirt is being pulled but presume its as the boy goes down. 

How does VAR work?  Should it go to VAR and a pen is given but then revoked because of the hand ball. 

Or does it just decide not to go near the pen because of the hand ball.  Either way, a penalty wouldn't be given.

As for CCV, clear penalty. 

18 hours ago, slasher said:

I don’t understand why there’s not a clamour for some explanations. They’ve gone 73 league games without conceding a pen and the previous run was 40 odd games as well. It defies logic on any level.

I’m fed up as well but for other additional reasons that I think I’ve gone into before. My ST will be going to a new home this summer.

Quite - It needs to be transparent - That, or vote with feet 

It's a closed shop, and obvious to anyone that they do not give one fuck what supporters think

The silence from DC & AB when they should be all over these clear inconsistencies from an AFC perspective (Cheating? I'm now in that camp) is galling

My ST / DNA cost will enhance our holiday spending pot from here on in until something positive (For all clubs) changes

I wasn't sure what to expect on this thread but honestly I just look forward to the next penalty against Rangers whether deserved or not just so everyone can stop banging on about it and move on to the next thing that serves as apparently irrevocable evidence that Scottish Football is a wider masonic conspiracy.

As for the VAR process, we know ourselves from every other league that applies it that it is highly imperfect. The concept of "clear and obvious" is something they need to look at to get right, which will come from IFAB and filter through every association. Honestly I think VAR does actually work 9/10 times and no one ever remembers the times when it comes in useful, just the minority of incidents that are debatable, although it should be 100% effective, there are still humans behind the technology who can make mistakes whether on the technical side or just out of misjudgment. We really don't have the transparency at present to understand what they are using it for.

Take the Motherwell penalty appeal from Sunday. Any number of factors could lead to it not being a penalty such as handball in the build up, O'Donnell kicking Butland in the head while trying to get the loose ball, or the fact that in no way should the Motherwell player have gone down like that with his legs totally giving way at just a tiny tug on the arm. This would have been run through the ref's earpiece.

Honestly I think the next step for the VAR process would be transparency on the comms in real time, like rugby for example. They are trying to introduce it in England with Howard Webb on TV after the fact, but the overall refereeing community I'm not sure has a level of comfort yet with that type of transparency. Especially because football as a game has such subjective judgment-based rules versus other sports, not to mention the terrible ethos within football towards officials from the grassroots up, and to be honest the level of self importance that does exist within football officials to the point they just don't come across like real people, are all factors that block any progress here.

5 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I wasn't sure what to expect on this thread but honestly I just look forward to the next penalty against Rangers whether deserved or not just so everyone can stop banging on about it and move on to the next thing that serves as apparently irrevocable evidence that Scottish Football is a wider masonic conspiracy.

so no incident has happened in Rangers penalty area for 2 years that merits according to the laws of football a penalty and it’s all a conspiracy 😆

4 minutes ago, dan cake said:

so no incident has happened in Rangers penalty area for 2 years that merits according to the laws of football a penalty and it’s all a conspiracy 😆

If teams like Rangers or Celtic have 70-80% possession like in most games versus domestic teams who rarely get out of their own half then yes the team with all of the play will get more penalties than others, that's just a clearly symptomatic fact behind the stats.

Anything else, harking back to specific incidents of "this decision, that decision" is purely anecdotal.

9 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

If teams like Rangers or Celtic have 70-80% possession like in most games versus domestic teams who rarely get out of their own half then yes the team with all of the play will get more penalties than others, that's just a clearly symptomatic fact behind the stats.

Anything else, harking back to specific incidents of "this decision, that decision" is purely anecdotal.

How dare I call out blatant cheating, nae idea what Celtic have got to do with this conversation they’ve conceded penalties. Ok just so we’re clear here you don’t think in the 80 odd games that Rangers haven’t conceded a penalty is because none were merited Yes/No?

15 minutes ago, dan cake said:

How dare I call out blatant cheating, nae idea what Celtic have got to do with this conversation they’ve conceded penalties. Ok just so we’re clear here you don’t think in the 80 odd games that Rangers haven’t conceded a penalty is because none were merited Yes/No?

In the eyes of the on field officials and the VAR team who look at the replays, the answer would have to be yes. Without rewatching 80 games to hyperanalyse for the sake of argument, that is the long and short of it.

The tone in the messaging that just assumes something is afoot is far from helpful either, and doesn't really help any case anyone is trying to make to that effect just due to it being maliciously slanderous in nature.

Like I say, I can't wait til it happens now so that everyone can move onto the next gripe.

1 minute ago, N4Footsoldier said:

In the eyes of the on field officials and the VAR team who look at the replays, the answer would have to be yes. Without rewatching 80 games to hyperanalyse for the sake of argument, that is the long and short of it.

The tone in the messaging that just assumes something is afoot is far from helpful either, and doesn't really help any case anyone is trying to make to that effect just due to it being maliciously slanderous in nature.

Like I say, I can't wait til it happens now so that everyone can move onto the next gripe.

Not going to spend all day arguing about this but I find it incredible that some people believe there is no substance to this, nothing to see move along now

1 hour ago, N4Footsoldier said:

If/when it happens it’ll probably be when rangers are 3 goals up so it doesn’t matter.

Aberdeen had two blatant penalties turned down in the recent cup final, the first one was for a far bigger & obvious shirt pull than the one var gave rangers at the last pittodrie game. 
I await your explanation on that.