Indyref 2 (2) - Page 245 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Possibly so.

I also remember a couple of months ago she tweeted something about having to call an ambulance for her daughter, so maybe the wee soul has a problem and she wants to devote more time to her. Hopefully her daughter is okay though, and if she isn't standing it's for a nicer reason.

I think I would too 😟 I didn't think they'd be able to find someone with less charisma than Anas Sarwar but they might have! 😂

🤣

It would be a shame with Kate as I truely believe she is the one to steady the ship,, I would rather watch paint dry than listen to gray 🙈

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Are the greens really backing the tories now? 😆 🤣 😂 

Dougie Ross has a cheek calling for a no confidence vote in anyone.

Running the line at Livi tomorrow, hopefully he receives more pelters than usual.

The Colonialists and Quislings are circling the wagons

UK (England's) Labour's Rachel Reeves has said voting to bring down the SNP (Scottish) government and forcing an election in Scotland is the right thing to do for the people of Scotland ( English Labour)

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

UK (England's) Labour's Rachel Reeves has said voting to bring down the SNP (Scottish) government and forcing an election in Scotland is the right thing to do for the people of Scotland ( English Labour)

That'll be Rachel Reeves from what Starmer has declared to be the party of English patriotism.

35 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

the consequence of 2 years of self harming from the Scottish Govt. 

On 4/25/2024 at 6:46 AM, Ally Bongo said:

Kate Forbes is not the answer. Okay she speaks Gaelic which is good…but her right-wing neo-conservative ultra-Christian orthodoxy won’t cut it.

Absolutely top twitter that one, Kate Forbes doesn't agree with current SNP policies and for Twitter this means she's essentially the Westboro Baptist Church.

For me we needed to go back to the tight ship that was Salmond's SNP, centrist, broad church, everything running to the tick as much as it could.

I wanted to call the journey from being in the position we were in around the brexit vote to letting the Greens do enough damage to make a Labour return likely a new definition of "glorious failure" but there's nothing glorious about it, it's a laughable travesty. 

Humza's declared he's not resigning. I really don't know how he can go from being the cheerleader for the SNP-Green progressive front to the broad church centrist in a matter of days and pull it off.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Don't blame then, they smell blood and the SNP only have themselves to blame. 

An extremely strange position we are now in, the greens now saying they would vote against humza, and alba saying they will in with the snp. I happen everyone remembers this, alba have a purpose and that is to help gain independence, the greens have used the climate and independence to further  their creepy  ideology 

9 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

An extremely strange position we are now in, the greens now saying they would vote against humza, and alba saying they will in with the snp. I happen everyone remembers this, alba have a purpose and that is to help gain independence, the greens have used the climate and independence to further  their creepy  ideology 

The Greens ARE going to vote for the linesman's VONC in Humza Yousaf which also slags off the Greens

The Greens ARE NOT going to vote for Anus's VONC in the current Scottish Government that they are no longer part of

ALBA want reassurances from Humza before they vote to save his neck in the VONC

ALBS ARE NOT voting for the VONC in the Scottish Government

Humza is going to be the jobbie that wont flush until he takes the SNP into a major election

If it does turn out that Regan votes to bale out Humza, then there will be no doubt in my mind, that it was all set up before yesterday's announcement. Still very risky though, as it would only need one SNP MSP to be "off sick" or one of them to "do a Kezia" and forget to press the button. 

My prediction is that Humza will go. Sarwar's VONC will not pass, and SNP continue in Government. SNP elect a new Leader. Stephen Flynn wins and Shona Robison does the Scottish Parliament stuff until Flynn can become an MSP.

Okay, I'm still a little bit new to how Holyrood works and am happy to be corrected. But isn't there a degree of hypocrisy here for anyone who votes in favour of Sarwar's VONC motion, except the Tories. After all, didn't the Greens, Labour and Lib Dems all vote in favour of a lot of the contentious bills that the Scottish Government passed e.g. HCA, GRR, DRS, HPMAs etc.

8 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Okay, I'm still a little bit new to how Holyrood works and am happy to be corrected. But isn't there a degree of hypocrisy here for anyone who votes in favour of Sarwar's VONC motion, except the Tories. After all, didn't the Greens, Labour and Lib Dems all vote in favour of a lot of the contentious bills that the Scottish Government passed e.g. HCA, GRR, DRS, HPMAs etc.

There is always a heavy dose of hypocrisy in most things that politicians do. I would guess they would argue that the VONC isn't about those bits of legislation that they themselves voted for. I haven't seen the details of Sarwar's VONC motion, though.

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There is always a heavy dose of hypocrisy in most things that politicians do. I would guess they would argue that the VONC isn't about those bits of legislation that they themselves voted for. I haven't seen the details of Sarwar's VONC motion, though.

OK, I've just looked at Sarwar's motion. Not a pleasant job but somebody has to do it. 🤣 It's just a vague one liner, so it could be construed to mean anything they want it to.

3 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

It would be a shame with Kate as I truely believe she is the one to steady the ship,, I would rather watch paint dry than listen to gray 🙈

He is appropriately named, if nothing else. Seriously, I think he could spend all day walking up and down Princes Street and no one would recognise him, unless he bumps into someone from work.

Apart from being in the wrong party Neil Gray is exactly the kind of person the British establishment had in mind for FM when they set up Holyrood: a bland, unassuming administrator. A Jack McConnell.

For Westminster, having spent over a decade watching Salmond and pre-Idpol Sturgeon occupying one of their colonial institutions like a couple of hungry grizzlies prowling around some poor frightened Canadian family's back garden looking for breakfast, the prospect of a nice, compliant devolutionist with the charisma of cardboard must be a blessed relief.

1 hour ago, RanelaghScot said:

Absolutely top twitter that one, Kate Forbes doesn't agree with current SNP policies and for Twitter this means she's essentially the Westboro Baptist Church.

For me we needed to go back to the tight ship that was Salmond's SNP, centrist, broad church, everything running to the tick as much as it could.

I wanted to call the journey from being in the position we were in around the brexit vote to letting the Greens do enough damage to make a Labour return likely a new definition of "glorious failure" but there's nothing glorious about it, it's a laughable travesty. 

Humza's declared he's not resigning. I really don't know how he can go from being the cheerleader for the SNP-Green progressive front to the broad church centrist in a matter of days and pull it off.

The sad thing is, whatever throbber tweeted that Kate Forbes' views are right-wing, neo-conservative and ultra-Christian was probably being sincere. Clueless beyond belief! 🤣

I have some reservations of aspects of Forbes' politics, such as her apparent support for freeports, but - and I know this is a low bar - she is in my view one of the brightest MSPs presently sitting in HR. Anecdotally she is respected amongst the electorate, including amongst people who don't normally vote SNP, and based on her record as Finance Minister and with the right people in place I think she would run government more capably than we are seeing at present.

If she isn't planning on standing again either for family or personal health reasons then that is a shame, but understandable. If it is because of the dog's abuse she got last time, then that too is understandable, but it is also a sad reflection of the times we live in when some of the more capable amongst us are dissuaded from putting their heads above the parapet because of guttersnipe arseholes who have never done anything useful in their lives. We get the country we deserve, I suppose.

17 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

And, the VONC is in the Sottish Government. Of those bits of legislation that you mention, only two if them were ever voted on, and they were passed by the Scottish Parliament not the Scottish Government. A subtle but important difference.

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

For Westminster, having spent over a decade watching Salmond and pre-Idpol Sturgeon occupying one of their colonial institutions like a couple of hungry grizzlies prowling around some poor frightened Canadian family's back garden looking for breakfast, 

A good analogy that. And it was a long forseen issue that there was no-one coming through the SNP ranks with similar gravitas to succeed Salmond and Sturgeon.

It's not a problem exclusive to the SNP, many governing parties around the world have struggled to replace big personality leaders.

Humza is the SNP's Davie Moyes.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Humza is the SNP's Davie Moyes.

During his 5 game spell at the Accies

That bad even they got shot of him