Indyref 2 (2) - Page 244 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

5 minutes ago, scotlad said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens next. Wings was suggesting the opposition would have the numbers now to force a VONC, and if I was in Sarwar's position I'd be tempted, going by current polling. Then again, I expect both Humza's personal polling as well as his party's will improve as a result of today's announcement. A general election victory would assure his position as FM for a while longer.

The only way that could work is if all the other parties got together to agree a new first minister, which would effectively mean a coalition between Labour and Tories. Can't see that happening a few months before a general election. Their London bosses just wouldn't allow it. They would also need LibDim support as well. They are not going into coalition with anybody any time soon, after what happened to them the last time they did it.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Is it possible to hold new holyrood elections under the rules as that is probably the only way out of this. None on the possible minority govt options are appealing. 

Yes. This could lead to a Holyrood election. Do the Scottish Greens want to be seen to be responsible for electing a Tory or Labour first minister though?

Posted (edited)

I was presuming that the Mods were all members of the green party !

Anyway - another meeting tomorrow (you dont have one for ages then 2 come along) at 10am and rumours that Humza is resigning and Kate Forbes wont be standing

https://wingsoverscotland.com/here-you-go-again/

Edited by Ally Bongo

12 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Yes. This could lead to a Holyrood election. Do the Scottish Greens want to be seen to be responsible for electing a Tory or Labour first minister though?

im sure they will not give two fucks and rightly so. Unlikely to happen.

The most exciting day in Scottish politics in ages and the board fecking crashes 😂

Humza rumoured to be on the verge of quitting with Neil Gray taking over. 

Haud me back. 😕

I think the Greens will vote against Humza but maybe not against the Scottish Government, if that vote was to happen? They can be quite clever about this if they want to.

Or, do Humza, Salmond and Regan already have a secret wee pact sorted out? At least Scottish politics is a wee bit interesting for a few days again.

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I was presuming that the Mods were all members of the green party !

Anyway - another meeting tomorrow (you dont have one for ages then 2 come along) at 10am and rumours that Humza is resigning and Kate Forbes wont be standing

https://wingsoverscotland.com/here-you-go-again/

Is she pregnant I wonder?  

6 hours ago, scotlad said:

The most exciting day in Scottish politics in ages and the board fecking crashes 😂

Humza rumoured to be on the verge of quitting with Neil Gray taking over. 

Haud me back. 😕

I would rather stick with humza 🤣

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think the Greens will vote against Humza but maybe not against the Scottish Government, if that vote was to happen? They can be quite clever about this if they want to.

Or, do Humza, Salmond and Regan already have a secret wee pact sorted out? At least Scottish politics is a wee bit interesting for a few days again.

I think there’s something to that, I think the next few days may well show who the nationalist are within the snp and who are careerists 

Love it that Ash Regan has the balance on power.  Hopefully Humza now has to come out and renounce all the gimpy deviant policy making of the greens.  The commy far left part of the party kicked out - no more gender recognition, no more drs, no more hate crime bill, and Ross Grier to pack his bags.

12 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Love it that Ash Regan has the balance on power.  Hopefully Humza now has to come out and renounce all the gimpy deviant policy making of the greens.  The commy far left part of the party kicked out - no more gender recognition, no more drs, no more hate crime bill, and Ross Grier to pack his bags.

'No more DRS'. Whatever the faults with the Scottish Government's version of this (much of which might be attributed to the minister in charge), I see the UK Government has now postponed their version to 2027 at the earliest. Gove proposed this back in 2018, so it just shows their complete and utter incompetence or complete disregard for the environment. Probably both 

23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They've zero interest in that. That's been obvious to anyone but sturgeon etc for years 

Think it was obvious when Slater started whoring the Greens towards Labour in the event of them being a minority Government in 2026. 

Only interested in the privilege of being in Government. Fuck them. They will never get my list vote again

39 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I wonder if she'll get her big thermometer now?

40 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Think it was obvious when Slater started whoring the Greens towards Labour in the event of them being a minority Government in 2026. 

Only interested in the privilege of being in Government. Fuck them. They will never get my list vote again

Exactly, bunch of grifters.

Hopefully the disappear into being total nonentities again and can get back to tree hugging like they are meant to do rather than having influence over legislation like GRB etc. 

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

'No more DRS'. Whatever the faults with the Scottish Government's version of this (much of which might be attributed to the minister in charge), I see the UK Government has now postponed their version to 2027 at the earliest. Gove proposed this back in 2018, so it just shows their complete and utter incompetence or complete disregard for the environment. Probably both 

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Worthwhile remembering that if we had FPTP none of this would be necessary as SNP would have a massive majority. It really is rich of DRoss to be passing a VONC motion given what most people think of him.

Quite a bit of yesterday's gleeful commentary highlighted the lack of knowledge (or being deliberately misleading) about how the Scottish Parliament works, particularly the whole majority thing. Folk also placing Yousaf on a par with Sunak 🙄

There didn't seem to be much fuss about the UK govt pushing their DRS scheme back to 2027 because it's a bit hard to sort out. Funny how that makes us incompetent when it's up here! Reports were just like passing observations about the govt being lobbied against glass inclusion and Wales wanting to keep it in the scheme. No big drama like there was before. 

I had a wee peek on Pie & Bovril when I couldn't get on here last night. Some interesting and amusing observations...Someone reckoned that Yousaf was just being procedural going by his letter and the assumption that the Greens were going to vote against continuing the agreement anyway. Then they've reacted in the heat of the moment...

"Holding a press conference immediately after you've been punted was a terrible idea; much like sending a colleague an email when you're raging, doing the weekly shop when you're hungry or immediately replying to a text from a girl. You just don't do it. Very amateur from the greens."

😂

Posted (edited)

More serious than the VONC in Yousaf

Anas Sarwar to lodge vote of no confidence in Scottish Government

A fud that is worse than Humza

Edited by Ally Bongo

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Is she pregnant I wonder?  

Possibly so.

I also remember a couple of months ago she tweeted something about having to call an ambulance for her daughter, so maybe the wee soul has a problem and she wants to devote more time to her. Hopefully her daughter is okay though, and if she isn't standing it's for a nicer reason.

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I would rather stick with humza 🤣

I think I would too 😟 I didn't think they'd be able to find someone with less charisma than Anas Sarwar but they might have! 😂

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

I wonder if she'll get her big thermometer now?

🤣