Indyref 2 (2) - Page 202 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Indyref 2 (2)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, scotlad said:

You never know, he might have a lightbulb moment that electrifies the party's election campaign.

A positive charge for indy instead of the current static position. 

Back on topic

The media coverage of the Covid inquiry is doing it's best to make people not focus on their behaviour in Scotland

Devi Sridhar has begun to highlight it today but i'm not holding my breath it will get any traction

Whatever you think of Sturgeon just remember the shite the spunkstains gave her by trying to make political capital for the Union

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Back on topic

The media coverage of the Covid inquiry is doing it's best to make people not focus on their behaviour in Scotland

Devi Sridhar has begun to highlight it today but i'm not holding my breath it will get any traction

Whatever you think of Sturgeon just remember the shite the spunkstains gave her by trying to make political capital for the Union

Doesn't help when Jason Leitch was telling ministers how to get round the rules 

59 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He told everyone he could what was and what was not allowed

He even went on off the ball and answered every question posed 

9 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Maybe he has more in common with Nicola than he thought? 😉

🤣

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What exactly is he supposed to have said?

It all looks like a piece of performative nonsense and personally, I feel sorry for the likes of Jason Leitch and Catherine Calderwood who are getting put through the wringer. Politicians like Nicola Sturgeon will be used to it, and to some extent expect it, but these other people are a civil servants, albeit ones operating at a very high level, they won't be used to it and won't have signed up for it. 

I don't care what they were saying on WhatsApp to each other, any more than I care about what they had for tea that night. I am interested to know on how they reached certain decisions and why.

He made comments about wanting an elected second chamber in an independent Scotland. Then Cherry made a twitter post about wanting a peerage in the House of Lords.

Uncritically parrotting what you read on social media isn't a good way to be informed about anything. The SNP is imploding as all empires do when they don't have leaders strong enough to remain cohesive. I'd pay little mind to the petty bickering around this rather than picking a side and amplifying their pettiness.

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

He told everyone he could what was and what was not allowed

He even went on off the ball and answered every question posed 

Whilst at same time telling ministers how to get round the rules. 

His high horse spot on off the ball was nauseating. 

12 hours ago, scotlad said:

🤣

What exactly is he supposed to have said?

It all looks like a piece of performative nonsense and personally, I feel sorry for the likes of Jason Leitch and Catherine Calderwood who are getting put through the wringer. Politicians like Nicola Sturgeon will be used to it, and to some extent expect it, but these other people are a civil servants, albeit ones operating at a very high level, they won't be used to it and won't have signed up for it. 

I don't care what they were saying on WhatsApp to each other, any more than I care about what they had for tea that night. I am interested to know on how they reached certain decisions and why.

He told ministers to always have a drink in their hand to avoid wearing a mask. Certainty wasn't the tone used towards the public in his daily lectures.

40 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He told ministers to always have a drink in their hand to avoid wearing a mask. Certainty wasn't the tone used towards the public in his daily lectures.

SNP Government to Jason Leitch

"Alright Jason - I'm going to an event tomorrow and it's guaranteed that the Unionist media bastards will be looking for a gotcha moment so they can compare us to Dominic Cummings - they even tried to string up Nicola because she took her mask off at a fucking funeral wake. What do you suggest ? "

34 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Given the coverage of things in Scotland, I'd take anything the MSM say with a pinch of salt.  However I do recall Leitch changed his views on mask-wearing after about the end of March 2020 - initially we was quoted as saying masks wouldn't do anything to help, and also that attending a stereophonics gig wasn't a risk.  I hope they ask him about that.

The whole media coverage seems to be SNP bad, whereas at WM they are ignoring a lot of the inappropriate behaviour.  I would though be interested to know who took the decisions about sending ill people into care homes, because to a layman like me, that sounds like a really stupid thing to do unless there was total isolation of these people from any infected people (i.e. no staff going between the infected and uninfected areas).

I do notice that on the phone ins there are lots of yoons eager to bash the SG and NS in particular.  The usual suspects.

BTW I noticed some talk that the deletion of Whatsapp messages by Sturgeon was so that the messages about her plot to get Salmond weren't made public.  No idea if there's any truth in that but surely you can delete message selectively anyway?

31 minutes ago, Alibi said:

The whole media coverage seems to be SNP bad, whereas at WM they are ignoring a lot of the inappropriate behaviour.  I would though be interested to know who took the decisions about sending ill people into care homes, because to a layman like me, that sounds like a really stupid thing to do unless there was total isolation of these people from any infected people (i.e. no staff going between the infected and uninfected areas).

The decision was to be left to the clinicians and they were supposed to be tested before they went

46 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Given the coverage of things in Scotland, I'd take anything the MSM say with a pinch of salt.  However I do recall Leitch changed his views on mask-wearing after about the end of March 2020 - initially we was quoted as saying masks wouldn't do anything to help, and also that attending a stereophonics gig wasn't a risk.  I hope they ask him about that.

I do notice that on the phone ins there are lots of yoons eager to bash the SG and NS in particular.  The usual suspects.

BTW I noticed some talk that the deletion of Whatsapp messages by Sturgeon was so that the messages about her plot to get Salmond weren't made public.  No idea if there's any truth in that but surely you can delete message selectively anyway?

I have no doubt that there is a concerted effort to discredit the SG by the MSM and UKGov. 

That said, i'm not overly comfortable with the way some will just ignore SG failings and say it's a smear campaign. There is certainly a middle ground. 

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

You're right I remember him saying his wife was going to see the Stereophonics at the Hydro, which was subsequently believed to be a superspreader event.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I have no doubt that there is a concerted effort to discredit the SG by the MSM and UKGov. 

That said, i'm not overly comfortable with the way some will just ignore SG failings and say it's a smear campaign. There is certainly a middle ground. 

There's definite cause to criticise the Scottish Government but you'd hope it was 'positive criticism'. I remember a guy at the WHO saying early on that all governments would get things wrong but the key thing was they had to act fast. I'm sure the Scottish Government got things wrong (I was in England at the time) but I'm not aware of the corruption, the VIP fast lanes for PPE, the eat out to help out schemes to spread the virus, the general attitude of 'let the bodies pile high' and the exceptionalism that was so characteristic of the UK Government.

Apart from Unionists and Rangers fans there is only one prominent twitter user not appreciating her for that

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Who?

Wings

More interested in his vendetta against Liz Lloyd last time i looked