General ranting not politics related - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General ranting not politics related

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

People who haven't realised that the whole point of a mobile phone is that you don't have to speak loudly into it - particularly on the train and particularly when every sentence is punctuated with the 'F' word!

Apologies 😞 but the handbag really was extremely heavy. 

6 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Susan Calman, Iv nothing to add

Almost certain to replace The Krankies as the celebrity face of Better Together 2

Her career blossomed after selling out in 2013/2014

13 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Almost certain to replace The Krankies as the celebrity face of Better Together 2

Her career blossomed after selling out in 2013/2014

Couldn’t give a fuck about her political leanings just an annoying talentless cunt who’s “act” seems to be taking the pish out of her own country

44 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Susan Calman, Iv nothing to add

I could add ‘tv adverts’ as a collective to this thread but the Bank Of Scotland one that she is in is truly toe curling . 
I tend to switch the TV over when she comes on , in any programme. QI in particular. 

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I could add ‘tv adverts’ as a collective to this thread but the Bank Of Scotland one that she is in is truly toe curling . 
I tend to switch the TV over when she comes on , in any programme. QI in particular. 

Have you seen the ad for "The Scotto" ?

Holy fuk. I thought that had to be a spoof but apparently not.

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Have you seen the ad for "The Scotto" ?

Holy fuk. I thought that had to be a spoof but apparently not.

😂 I hadn’t even heard of it but have now, so in some ways its having the desired effect. Its pretty shit.

I  heard this advert in the car a couple of months ago I actually burst out laughing at the wee tune at the end .

🎼 we just do veinssssss 🎼

So many 2 bob adverts use that wee beige tune. 

https://youtu.be/M1kH-To_AWI

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Shoes. Bought a pair last year, paid about £60 specifically for bad weather. Probably worn them no more than 50 times. Now discover that they let in the wet 😠😠😠😠

£60 ? 
Was bought a pair of Docs for Xmas two years ago. They are falling apart. Not the stitching or soles. The leather across the toes is disintegrating. Paper thin. Mebbies it’s rat hide or something. Worst pair in over fourty years. The last pair are ok just no tread. £60 won’t get me one of them yet they used to last .

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Shoes. Bought a pair last year, paid about £60 specifically for bad weather. Probably worn them no more than 50 times. Now discover that they let in the wet 😠😠😠😠

To be fair,  a pair of waders would probably let in the wet today 😊

• 5 weeks later...

As if it’s not bad enough that companies are taking the pish with cost of living, fuel costs, etc. … 

Went to M&S the other day. Didn’t have my ‘bag for life’ - usually do, but didn’t have on this occasion.

So I went looking for a plastic bag at the self-checkout. None. Only paper bags. 

Wait for it… 

40 fucking pence. For a paper bag! 

Now, I fully support the bag tax initiative by the government. I wouldn’t even criticise the ramping up of that price over recent years as I know personally that it has had the desired impact on my behaviour and 9/10 times I remember my shopping bag.  

But how the fuck do they justify 40p for a paper bag?? It’s surely just being allowed to blatantly rip folk off. 

11 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

As if it’s not bad enough that companies are taking the pish with cost of living, fuel costs, etc. … 

Went to M&S the other day. Didn’t have my ‘bag for life’ - usually do, but didn’t have on this occasion.

So I went looking for a plastic bag at the self-checkout. None. Only paper bags. 

Wait for it… 

Now, I fully support the bag tax initiative by the government. I wouldn’t even criticise the ramping up of that price over recent years as I know personally that it has had the desired impact on my behaviour and 9/10 times I remember my shopping bag.  

But how the fuck do they justify 40p for a paper bag?? It’s surely just being allowed to blatantly rip folk off. 

Maybe it will help you not to forget the next time? 😂

31 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Wait for it… 

I’d put my shopping down my trousers and on top of my head before I payed 40p for a paper bag, hope you turned the bag inside out so they didn’t get the free advertising 👍

15 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I’d put my shopping down my trousers and on top of my head before I payed 40p for a paper bag, hope you turned the bag inside out so they didn’t get the free advertising 👍

I want to know what he bought, that was so embarrassing that he had to hide it inside a paper bag? Do M&S sell Jambos shirts? 

36 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I want to know what he bought, that was so embarrassing that he had to hide it inside a paper bag? Do M&S sell Jambos shirts? 

Not sure about the hertz tops but they definitely sell the Jambo cutting about the golf/rugby/bowling club outfit of choice, that maroon cardigan and tan needle corduroy combo topped off with brown brogues that they so love