Season 22/23 - Page 103 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, slasher said:

By the same token your still image means fuck all! It doesn’t advance your case

Surely it advances the case to show that the foul continued to be inside the box therefore making it a penalty.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Surely it advances the case to show that the foul continued to be inside the box therefore making it a penalty.

Still images are useless but yes it is a penalty.

I obviously didn’t see the game .

Did the sheep deserve something? Was the result unfair?

43 minutes ago, slasher said:

Still images are useless but yes it is a penalty.

I obviously didn’t see the game .

Did the sheep deserve something? Was the result unfair?

They are limited in use when deciding whether its a foul or not but very useful when deciding where said foul took place.

I only watched about 70 mins but both sides could probably stake a claim. Rangers had far more territory, possession and shots etc but never had any clear cut chances. Aberdeen hit on the break but should have had a penalty and Duk should have done much beeter with a good counter. 

Congrats to Celtic, enjoyed the game yesterday.  Still don't think it was a red card and was a game changer.  Just seen highlights from Ibrox and Dons had fair claim for penalty.  I believed VAR would be a good thing for our game but changed my mind a bit now after the last couple of months.

Can understand how the ref may have thought the second defender would have got back in time to make a challenge in real time, but slowed down its clear the Celtic player would have had time to get an effort away one on one. Didn't think it was red myself in real time but VAR used correctly to reach the right decision on this one, for me. 

25 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Can understand how the ref may have thought the second defender would have got back in time to make a challenge in real time, but slowed down its clear the Celtic player would have had time to get an effort away one on one. Didn't think it was red myself in real time but VAR used correctly to reach the right decision on this one, for me. 

Shame the same var guy wasn’t involved at ibrox but then again maybe he was 🤯

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Partick Thistle v Queens Park tonight on BBC Scotland

Hopefully a decent turn out and a good game. I'd rather watch that than Real Madrid and man City

I quite enjoyed the last time I watched Real Madrid play live 🇵🇱🇵🇱🇵🇱🥳🥳🥳

Dundee FC, what a team.

Gary Bowyer gets awarded the Championship Manager of the Year, and is punted an hour later.

Strachan to appoint one of his pals, because the last time he did that, it worked out great. 

Edited by kumnio

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Dundee FC, what a team.

Gary Bowyer gets award the Championship Manager of the Year, and is punted an hour later.

Strachan to appoint one of his pals, because the last time he did that, it worked out great. 

2 sides to every story.  Blackpool bound and maybe true.  I hope Callum gets the job.

Looking forward to the games today.  I think Hearts and Hibs will struggle.  Watching OF at home.  Should be a bit free flowing as nothing for both to lose.  Will be turning sound down though.  

I kind of knew how this would go today.

No complaints over the first half, we’ve been wasteful in front of goal and conceded cheaply, a lethal combination. 
Interesting to see what Ange does for the second half.

46 minutes ago, slasher said:

I kind of knew how this would go today.

No complaints over the first half, we’ve been wasteful in front of goal and conceded cheaply, a lethal combination. 
Interesting to see what Ange does for the second half.

I'm not bothered either mate. League won, Treble on the way, 40 million from the Champions League.. They could not beat us when it mattered. Enjoy your day Slasher.... HH

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I'm not bothered either mate. League won, Treble on the way, 40 million from the Champions League.. They could not beat us when it mattered. Enjoy your day Slasher.... HH

Cheers Ramy!

Slanj!

Pretty dismal second half, the 3rd goal summed it up 😂 I’m sure the huns will enjoy their one day in the sun this season 😎

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Aye.  Everyone knows you are not bothered lol.  This board would have been full of you laughing and boasting  if result went your way.  Great to see Jack, McRorie  and Soutar dominate.  Good news for Scottish Football.

Just now, SamP said:

Aye.  Everyone knows you are not bothered lol.  This board would have been full of you laughing and boasting  if result went your way.  Great to see Jack, McRorie  and Soutar dominate.  Good news for Scottish Football.

Plus all the scottish flags there.  Don't think I have ever seen any at your park.