U21s - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21s

Hertsscot

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Bowie's just scored to make it 2-1 - I think that's his fourth goal in seven U21 matches now.

Watched the whole of the second half. I think Bowie played well, always a threat. Anderson did well to win the penalty, some good driving runs from Mulligan. Overall though I think we were a bit sloppy and the passing should have been better. Not the best of performances but three points nonetheless.

Overall, I thought it was pretty disjointed stuff.  The centre backs didn't seem to impose themselves and the wing backs didn't offer much of a threat going forward.  Some impressive touches from Lowry but he needs to learn that the answer to any problem is not always a flick or a stepover.  Mulligan ran his heart out but every move seemed to end with his involvement.  Bowie played well and was probably the pick on the night.  We made that look very difficult which it shouldn't have been.

Thought that performance smacked of a bunch of decent to very good players being badly coached. Would love to see that team playing under a decent manager as they just didn’t look like they were playing as a team. Stand out for me was Barron who I thought covered a lot of ground. If he can sharpen his final ball a little bit then he could be a potential successor to McGregor. 

Yes, more disappointed with that than the A team in France. No real coherence and thought a few of the Malta boys should much better techniques which is worrying. Thought Barron looked like a cross between Barry Bannan and Billy Bremner and hopefully kick on from there. apart from the goal Bowie did not do very much and thought both full / wing backs did well. As someone says above Lowry has got to choose when he wants to beat 5 players, wont work every time. A win is a win.

2 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Yes, more disappointed with that than the A team in France. No real coherence and thought a few of the Malta boys should much better techniques which is worrying. Thought Barron looked like a cross between Barry Bannan and Billy Bremner and hopefully kick on from there. apart from the goal Bowie did not do very much and thought both full / wing backs did well. As someone says above Lowry has got to choose when he wants to beat 5 players, wont work every time. A win is a win.

Lowry needs to fill out a bit more, which will help him beat 5 players. I agree though, a simple lay off is often the best option. I do think he’ll make the full team. He wasn’t at his best last night but he has an ability to inoculate defences that is rare in football. 

• 5 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Centre half from Leeds Mullin looks great as does Slicker. 

Not much going forward in second half. 

Slicker actually does look like he could go on to be a very decent goalkeeper. Best I've seen him.

The goal aside, Chilokoa-Mullen looks absolutely solid.

Barron and Doak both look a level above everyone else and are probably the 2 closest to making the step up. Barron is probably an injury crisis in the midfield away from getting a call up. As for Doak, he is one good game for Liverpool away from getting the call.

Cracking result. Only saw last 15 mins, looked like we rode our luck at times but to be expected.

They now need to follow it up though against Hungary. Too often under Gemmill we have had a big result against likes of the Netherlands or Croatia and then followed it up with a poor performance and result.