Ukraine - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How we look to them. Surely people can see the massive double standards and hypocrisy being applied here. 

Screaming at people to condemn Ukraine. Where were they during the all the wars waged in the last 20 years... silent and happy to go along with them all.

The war mongering by armchair generals is nauseating.

Edited by thplinth

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, aaid said:

And yet you're seemingly happy to take at face value what some random person on the internet with a made up name, about who you know absolutely nothing, says.

Am I?  

Edited by Lamia

The guy above mentions the Madonna of Gorlovka. That is the lady who was bombed by the Ukrainian army with her baby (along with 20 other people killed).

https://www.stalkerzone.org/third-anniversary-gorlovka-massacre/

I honestly had not heard about this atrocity. Had you.

Apparently this stuff has been going for the last 8 years steadily and none of it is really reported by the western media. They are basically just shelling civilians and have been doing it for years. It was all part of the provocation. 

Does it not appear strange to people that someone who is not Russian, does nit appear to have any familial connections to Russia, doesn’t live there - or at least won’t admit to it - consistently puts forwards the pro-Russia, pro-Putin on every subject which is in the slightest bit political?    

Look at it from a different angle, if it were someone on here taking a similar line with regards to the USA and Obama/Biden/Clinton hall the posters on this board would be all over them.

I don’t know about you, but I’d be curious as to their motivations. 

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

Does it not appear strange to people that someone who is not Russian, does nit appear to have any familial connections to Russia, doesn’t live there - or at least won’t admit to it - consistently puts forwards the pro-Russia, pro-Putin on every subject which is in the slightest bit political?    

Look at it from a different angle, if it were someone on here taking a similar line with regards to the USA and Obama/Biden/Clinton hall the posters on this board would be all over them.

I don’t know about you, but I’d be curious as to their motivations. 

Well it's pretty clear you are a curious about their motivations because you and the other fruit cake haven't shut the fuck up about it for almost a week. 🤣

Well if my North American theory is correct we have a couple of hours before the other fruitloop wakes up and the spamathon begins again in earnest. Get your posts in now.

It funny this. Why does aaid think I have any power here over the events in Ukraine. We are on a brink of a nuclear war and he spent a large chunk of his day reading all my old posts. 😀 What difference does it make what some jakebag on the TAMB thinks. There is only about a dozen folk reading it nowadays anyway. 

I seem to have driven him mad along with the troll which was a little unexpected. 

My work here is complete. 😀

Edited by thplinth

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If I was Ukrainian I might think that NATO countries (i.e. USA) had already done a deal with Putin. Dividing up the world between them. I wonder who gets Iran?

Like the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact when the Soviet Union did exactly that in 1939 with Nazi Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov–Ribbentrop_Pact

Another reason they had no choice was this... (I am not endorsing the guy in the video but he explains it.) They had cut off the fresh water supply to Crimea. You can see before and after satellite images and it was dying.

When I heard Lavrov talk about attempted genocide I thought that was a bit over the top but it was this he was referring to.

If you cut off the water supply to a people and a region, drinking water and water needed to grow crops then you are attempting to kill them. They will either die or be forced to leave their homes.

You start taking all these things and add them up and you can see why they felt (rightly or wrongly) they had no choice. The Russians knew the massive backlash that was coming their way doing this but they did it anyway as they felt they no longer had a choice.

It is like when you corner an animal and give it no choice and then blame it when it bites you. There is a very cynical game being played here.

This outcome has been years in the making and I really don't know just how far they are prepared to go here. To quote Michael Jackson, I don't think they care about us. Shamone.

Edited by thplinth

Unless you know the person well enough to state as fact that they have no agenda I would not trust anyone on a social media board in respect to their political motivations. There are however some who are more suspicious than others. 

I have been paying attention to what Putin says for at least 10 years now. He is very measured in what he says. Russians don't tend to be dramatic. But trust me what he is saying and how he is saying it is extremely alarming. They are prepared to 'go' here, no doubt in my mind.  If the west goes in there and attacks Russia either directly or via proxies it will make some sort of nuclear confrontation a near certainty. 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Unless you know the person well enough to state as fact that they have no agenda I would not trust anyone on a social media board in respect to their political motivations. There are however some who are more suspicious than others. 

It’s fair enough to take sides, that’s essentially what politics is all about - although there are some things which no reasonable person could either defend or promote.   What is suspicious are those who pretend not to have any agenda when they evidently do, why not be clear about your partiality.

1 hour ago, 86glebestreet said:

Yesterday we had Diane abbot saying about tanks rolling into Croatia,🤣

and now we have joe Biden saying putin won’t gain the the hearts of the Iranian people🤣

maybe we are all confused and don’t know what we are talking about

I thought I had misheard that on the news last night.  Clearly that's what he actually said.

4 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I thought I had misheard that on the news last night.  Clearly that's what he actually said.

You do know that Biden has suffered throughout his life from a stammer and that’s what’s behind him misspeaking like this.

Ahhh the old stammer excuse.

It is very noticeable how beholden the current SNP are to the US Democratic party. And not even the good democrats, the Clintons... when did this happen? I don't recall noticing it under Salmond at all. Surely it makes sense to keep good relations with both main US parties as sooner or later you will have to deal with both. But no it is like the SNP are the Scotland branch of the US democrat party now.

Seriously. The Clintons are as bent as a three pound note. The SNP are fawning over them. This is why you get all this bizarre anti Trump chat. It is like they think they are in America or something. Bringing in all the same guff as well, BLM, MeToo, trying desperately to graft it on the political scene here.

This is also where it gets very interesting when you look at who was possibly greasing the wheels of the Salmond stich-up. But that is another thread.

Edited by thplinth

Since I’m making accusations of people having hidden and ulterior motives, full disclosure, I’ve personal emotional engagement in Ukraine.  For a few years 8-10 years ago I managed - remotely - a large software development in Kyiv.  

The ones I’m in contact with largely aren’t in Ukraine anymore, ie, they before this crisis to take up jobs throughout Europe but these are people I trust and I believe what they tell me about what’s going on in Ukraine.

Through working with them and building up relationships I came to know a lot more about Ukraine and the Ukrainian people than I’d previously known. 

It’s no surprise to me that they’ve held out so long, they’re a nation with great fortitude. 

2 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

Yesterday we had Diane abbot saying about tanks rolling into Croatia,🤣

and now we have joe Biden saying putin won’t gain the the hearts of the Iranian people🤣

maybe we are all confused and don’t know what we are talking about

To be fair my Mum is 5 years younger than Biden and she's been getting people's and place's names mixed up for about 10 years! I'll be impressed if I can remember my own name if I reach Joe's age!

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Ahhh the old stammer excuse.

It is very noticeable how beholden the current SNP are to the US Democratic party. And not even the good democrats, the Clintons... when did this happen? I don't recall noticing it under Salmond at all. Surely it makes sense to keep good relations with both main US parties as sooner or later you will have to deal with both. But no it is like the SNP are the Scotland branch of the US democrat party now.

Seriously. The Clintons are as bent as a three pound note. The SNP are fawning over them. This is why you get all this bizarre anti Trump chat. It is like they think they are in America or something. Bringing in all the same guff as well, BLM, MeToo, trying desperately to graft it on the political scene here.

This is also where it gets very interesting when you look at who was possibly greasing the wheels of the Salmond stich-up. But that is another thread.

Salmond, Trump and Putin, let me quess, you are a fan of Johnston?

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Abbots always been an attention seeking numpty & Bidens age is confusing his thinking & memory.

On 2/25/2022 at 3:12 PM, Ally Bongo said:
Old fella alone driving his wee car and is deliberately rammed and squashed by a Russian Armoured Vehicle for laughs

Incredibly he survived

Oops…’Tank’ Brutally Assaulting Elderly Civilian Turns Out to be Ukrainian

https://ussanews.com/oopstank-brutally-assaulting-elderly-civilian-turns-out-to-be-ukrainian/

It was an accident.