Ukraine - Page 24 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

35 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Is it just me or are the Russian translators absolutely awful or can't Russians construct a coherent sentence. I am really not sure we are getting the actual meaning of what is being said. I wish I spoke Russian at this moment.

Yep, poor translation really is the most awful thing that the Russians are doing right now.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Not smart at all...

They can't "blow" up a nuclear reactor like a bomb. It's a really bad dirty bomb mind you.

Chernobyl was a steam explosion , I think modern reactors have a lot of mitigation properties in them to prevent it even if they have a full melt-down, you can pretty much blow up shit right next to it and it won't penetrate. However don't quote me on that.

58 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Is it just me or are the Russian translators absolutely awful or can't Russians construct a coherent sentence. I am really not sure we are getting the actual meaning of what is being said. I wish I spoke Russian at this moment.

Ignore Mr Snarky. I agree I was watching something on one of the UK news channels and the translation was so bad (almost incoherent) I concluded it had to be deliberate. The translations on RT are usually much better (not surprisingly). Banning Russian media and them mistranslating them on our own... got to control that narrative somehow it seems.

52 minutes ago, phart said:

They can't "blow" up a nuclear reactor like a bomb. It's a really bad dirty bomb mind you.

Chernobyl was a steam explosion , I think modern reactors have a lot of mitigation properties in them to prevent it even if they have a full melt-down, you can pretty much blow up shit right next to it and it won't penetrate. However don't quote me on that.

Is Putin trying to denazify the nuclear power plant?

50 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Ignore Mr Snarky. I agree I was watching something on one of the UK news channels and the translation was so bad (almost incoherent) I concluded it had to be deliberate. The translations on RT are usually much better (not surprisingly). Banning Russian media and them mistranslating them on our own... got to control that narrative somehow it seems.

Do you believe Russia are controlling the narrative with regards to their own people or do you believe they are being told the truth?

I have been waiting for the dodgy chemical weapons attack incident to happen with Russia accused in a similar manner to Syria but a nuclear power plant would serve the same purpose. I think they are crazy enough to do it as well. If they are capable of shooting down a passenger jet full of hundreds of innocent people and blame it on Russia I'd say they would be capable of doing something really daft here. Seeing the accidents with the tank running over the car andthem  accidentally firing that air defense missile into the apartment building I don't think we can underestimate just how many incidents are down to panic and incompetence.

IAEA Director confirms that the reactors and safety systems are unaffected and that the projectile came from the Russians.   A training centre adjacent to the reactors was hit.

Edited by aaid

11 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Do you believe Russia are controlling the narrative with regards to their own people or do you believe they are being told the truth?

Did Russia ban their citizens from access to Western media? Can they still read CNN, BBC, Fox News etc?

Can you read RT, Sputniknews etc? 

You will see a lot of this. People making unsubstantiated claims and then later when it turns out they were false they never correct the error. This is very similar to what it was like in the lead up to and during the Iraq invasion. People getting accused of cowardice, being traitors, freedom fries etc etc... Same liars as well in many cases. Incredible really people fall for it over and over again. 

Russian Parliament has just passed a law with sanctions up to 15 years in jail for any journalists who criticise the Russian Military.  No point on bothering about how good the translations are as anything coming out of Russian will be unadulterated Kremlin propaganda  

Not, I repeat not, the actions of an authoritarian fascist state.

I wonder how Putin’s puppet will try and spin that.

Edited by aaid

If the Ukrainians accidentally hit the plant in their fighting the Russians do you honestly think they would admit it? Of course not, we are in a war and they would blame it on Russia. But that does not mean it was not the Russians. If this is not a false flag attack I am almost certain that this will be accidental whoever fired the shell (if that is what it was). I am not trusting anything like this until it is properly confirmed (and I don't mean by Snopes FFS). There is so much misinformation flying about it is unreal. Look at all the incidents they have already lied about. I have seen a bunch of stuff I could have posted on here but I am not trusting any of it. It really is true that the first casualty of war is truth. We are living the truth of it. It was bad during Iraq but this is different level again. World War level.

Edited by thplinth

11 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Did Russia ban their citizens from access to Western media? Can they still read CNN, BBC, Fox News etc?

Can you read RT, Sputniknews etc? 

What’s the weather like just now in Moscow, hope you’ve got you’re state issued thick coat & furry hat on or is the Kremlin propaganda room nice & cosy. I find it disturbing that you think the Russians are totally innocent in this war & that it’s the Ukrainians who are the guilty ones, attacking their own people & infrastructure, you’re either a Russian, employed by Russia or totally blinded & naive. I have no doubt both sides a capable of atrocities but I’m probably a more balanced & reasonable person than you come across as with your one sided views.

Right on cue. This will intensify. Soon there will be no open discussion. People will be too frightened to say anything for getting their heads bitten off or being accused of being a traitor (by some utter twat). I will definitely not be participating for much longer. It is going to get much worse IMHO.

One of the actions that could see you incarcerated under this new law would be to describe the Russian action as an invasion.

Interesting that the only time thplinth uses the "i" word in this respect is in this one post where he's careful to put it in quotes.

21 minutes ago, thplinth said:

If the Ukrainians accidentally hit the plant in their fighting the Russians do you honestly think they would admit it? Of course not, we are in a war and they would blame it on Russia. But that does not mean it was not the Russians. If this is not a false flag attack I am almost certain that this will be accidental whoever fired the shell (if that is what it was). I am not trusting anything like this until it is properly confirmed (and I don't mean by Snopes FFS). There is so much misinformation flying about it is unreal. Look at all the incidents they have already lied about. I have seen a bunch of stuff I could have posted on here but I am not trusting any of it. It really is true that the first casualty of war is truth. We are living the truth of it. It was bad during Iraq but this is different level again. World War level.

Note the above comment ‘’we are at war and they would blame it on Russia’’. The we and they says it all.

46 minutes ago, aaid said:

Russian Parliament has just passed a law with sanctions up to 15 years in jail for any journalists who criticise the Russian Military.  No point on bothering about how good the translations are as anything coming out of Russian will be unadulterated Kremlin propaganda  

Not, I repeat not, the actions of an authoritarian fascist state.

I wonder how Putin’s puppet will try and spin that.

From the guy that supported the jailing of Julian Assange and Craig Murray on here. 😀

Hypocrisy, double standards, lies. That is what you deal in on here. Hopefully some will now be questioning all the lies you told on here going back many a year.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Yes Tokyo Rose.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2022/mar/04/bbc-website-blocked-in-russia-as-shortwave-radio-brought-back-to-cover-ukraine-war

not sure why the tamb allows you to continue to spread lies and disinformation on behalf of the enemy? This isn’t a free speech issue - I think most of you will now be able to see he is a Russian asset, even if he hoodwinked you for years. 

the ironic thing is with all that money you’ve made sucking off Putin’s cock you will have nowhere to spend it. 

15 minutes ago, aaid said:

And answer there was none, just some whataboutery and deflection. 

So I am supposed to condemn the hypothetical potential jailing of journalists in Russia based on what you are telling me (which of course will most likely be aaid pish), yet you actively supported the actual jailing of two journalists on here, not hypothetical ones, real ones.

And on this you are trying to take the moral high ground here? 😀

For anyone who doesn’t know, the Russian system of “war fighting” is clearing cities - encircle, cut off electricity and water and clear the population. Then raze the city to the ground.  the reason the capture of the nuclear war plant is significant is because they will now cut off electricity to the population that it serves. 

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So I am supposed to condemn the hypothetical potential jailing of journalists in Russia based on what you are telling me (which of course will most likely be aaid pish), yet you actively supported the actual jailing of two journalists on here, not hypothetical ones, real ones.

And on this you are trying to take the moral high ground here? 😀

Assange is/was a Russian asset, much like yourself. I believe Murray seems to be mentally ill (also like yourself) and also possibly an asset but don’t give anything he says the time of day.