Play off final travel - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off final travel

dezmondo

Is anyone gambling and booking travel to one or both potential play off final opponents?

If we get through and play Austria I can't imagine more than 1000 travelling. 

I'm very tempted to take the punt and book travel to both. It doesn't appear too expensive currently 🤔

A World Cup playoff in Vienna is still very easy to get to, even at the last minute. Flights to Austria obviously, Southern Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary, even Southern Poland & Switzerland isn't far. If we do qualify for a potential game there, we will take far more than 1000 fans.

I’ve booked a hotel in cardiff with free cancellation up to 24 hours before the match. I suppose I should do the same in Vienna, but I’ve got mates there who would probably put me up.

Can just drive to cardiff - as I’m not going to Hampden for the Ukraine game, I’ll probably have the laptop open during the game for flights to Vienna! 

If we do make it to the finals, I’m not sure what to do. I’d love to go, but if I’m being polite, it doesn’t seem like a particularly fun place to go.

2 hours ago, Redz said:

I booked Stansted Vienna rtn after the game for £15

Same flights are still only £50 rtn today

Not too much to lose if we don't get through / or do, and it's Cardiff

Stick a tenner on Wales to beat Austria and you'll be a few quid up if it's Cardiff 😄

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Stick a tenner on Wales to beat Austria and you'll be a few quid up if it's Cardiff 😄

That's a good shout 👍

I wouldn't normally book anything without confirmation, however I'm less than an hour from Stansted and it's not a great deal of money to throw at a 'maybe' 

Regardless, we need to get past the Ukraine first though 🤞

43 minutes ago, stirlish said:

Cardiff hotels already looking choc- ful or really expensive.

any suggestions for nearby town's with good transport and a few pubs.

I will be driving down and dumping car match day( if we get through!).

Bristol?

Although a bit further, it's only around 45/50mins and £16 ish rtn on the train - Last train back is close to midnight from memory

If there's a few of you a taxi won't break the bank either

Plenty pubs/clubs/eateries to choose from too

Just a thought....

51 minutes ago, Redz said:

Bristol?

Although a bit further, it's only around 45/50mins and £16 ish rtn on the train - Last train back is close to midnight from memory

Just a thought....

cheers, will have a look 

3 hours ago, Redz said:

Bristol?

Just a thought....

Bristol’s a cracking place for a night out, spent a night there a few years back on a course & really enjoyed it 👍

On 11/29/2021 at 9:08 AM, stirlish said:

Cardiff hotels already looking choc- ful or really expensive.

any suggestions for nearby town's with good transport and a few pubs.

I will be driving down and dumping car match day( if we get through!).

We stayed in Newport the last time we played in Cardiff . 15 minutes on the train and a fair few pubs 

See the wonky sheep have put their prices out for either Wales or Austria.Direct flight .There and back on the same day.Like the idea of not having to face a mad scrabble to book either venue within a day or two,but thought the prices are a bit steep.Could get a trip to Wales or Austria and maybe three days in a hotel,for the same price as their one day trip.As i said,the only real reason to book with wonky sheep is not having to try and make last minute bookings for flights and hotels which will probably be hiked up in price because they know supporters will be desperate and pay over the odds.

57 minutes ago, thesaint said:

See the wonky sheep have put their prices out for either Wales or Austria.Direct flight .There and back on the same day.Like the idea of not having to face a mad scrabble to book either venue within a day or two,but thought the prices are a bit steep.Could get a trip to Wales or Austria and maybe three days in a hotel,for the same price as their one day trip.As i said,the only real reason to book with wonky sheep is not having to try and make last minute bookings for flights and hotels which will probably be hiked up in price because they know supporters will be desperate and pay over the odds.

Haven’t seen anything on Twitter, website or email?