Play off final travel - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off final travel

dezmondo

7 hours ago, wanderer said:

Actually started having a little look, and says something when I can get to Vienna for about half the price as it would be to get to and back for Cardiff 😂

Yes.They are expensive.The only positive side to the sports options and wonky sheep trips  is that if we get through to the final,you don't face a last minute rush to book flights etc,and it's a certainty prices will shoot up instantly if we qualify.Don't fancy booking up in advance.Already got my fingers burned doing that for the euro play offs and the Denmark away game.Lost money on about four or five flights .Probably book one of the charter trips.At least if we don't qualify i will get my money back,minus £10 or so.

16 hours ago, thesaint said:

Yes.They are expensive.The only positive side to the sports options and wonky sheep trips  is that if we get through to the final,you don't face a last minute rush to book flights etc,and it's a certainty prices will shoot up instantly if we qualify.Don't fancy booking up in advance.Already got my fingers burned doing that for the euro play offs and the Denmark away game.Lost money on about four or five flights .Probably book one of the charter trips.At least if we don't qualify i will get my money back,minus £10 or so.

I am talking traveling independently.

Vienna I could get for under £50 return.... Cardiff its working out about £70 return to Bristol, and the train costs are even more ridiculous (granted cheap seats not on sale yet) 

7 hours ago, wanderer said:

I am talking traveling independently.

Vienna I could get for under £50 return.... Cardiff its working out about £70 return to Bristol, and the train costs are even more ridiculous (granted cheap seats not on sale yet) 

Yes,definately a lot cheaper to organise yourself.Only problem is if you book flights to Vienna and we or Austria don't make it,then you lose the flight money.Fed up losing money on flights.Might just take a hit to be guaranteed a flight to Vienna,and get my money back if it all goes tits up.Really hate the idea of trying to book at the last minute.Still think flight prices will shoot up if we make it.

On 11/28/2021 at 2:03 PM, dezmondo said:

Is anyone gambling and booking travel to one or both potential play off final opponents?

If we get through and play Austria I can't imagine more than 1000 travelling. 

I'm very tempted to take the punt and book travel to both. It doesn't appear too expensive currently 🤔

1000? have you ever been to a Scotland game before!? 🤣

2 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

1000? have you ever been to a Scotland game before!? 🤣

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

If we get a play off final in Austria.5000 minimum,and even that would be fans WITH tickets.Plenty more would travel without.

Maybe I was slightly off the mark with 1000 but i really don't see a massive travelling support and I'd bet there will be nowhere near over 5000.

Between potential Covid travel issues, the risk of booking now and only a few days to arrange foreign travel when prices will rocket.....i can't see the normal numbers of our travelling support. Wales would be different but Austria? No chance. 

Not to mention folk will be keeping 2 weeks holidays for Qatar 😉

Edited by dezmondo

Austria is in full lock down just now (I am suppose to be spending a night in Vienna at the end of this month when traveling out to visit my in-laws, and we are probably going to have to change our plans to Bratislava) and that includes football, so fingers crossed things improve out there, unless you fancy going out there to watch the game from Bratislava.

On 12/10/2021 at 9:25 AM, wanderer said:

Austria is in full lock down just now (I am suppose to be spending a night in Vienna at the end of this month when traveling out to visit my in-laws, and we are probably going to have to change our plans to Bratislava) and that includes football, so fingers crossed things improve out there, unless you fancy going out there to watch the game from Bratislava.

Could do, or get a boat up the Danube ;)