Moldova v Scotland game thread - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Moldova v Scotland game thread

gkm_vancouver

2 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I stand corrected!

Turnbull's was most likely due to that mini-covid crisis we had though. The rest, I would say was Clarke going through a period of trying to find his best team. We are much more settled now and I love that we have a large core of players, with only small tweaks needing to be made here and there.

Remember also we have 2 players suspended and another withdrew from this part of the team so would not have been too surprising. A new cap with no inhibitions might just be what we need - whether as a start or a sub.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He's actually done that several times.

Brophy vs. Cyprus

Devlin vs. Russia

Fleck vs. Russia

Findlay vs. San Marino

Gallagher vs. Cyprus

Dykes vs. Israel

Turnbull vs. Netherlands

Only Dykes V Israel was in a match that meant something. The other games were matches which were not important as our qualifying hopes were over or comfortable games at home where chances could be taken in selection so Clarke was looking at his options. This match tonight is massive ....too massive to be starting with an untried striker with absolutely no international experience at any level.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Don’t want to be that guy.

But so far I’ve seen Armstrong do 5 things 

1. foul a man when we are through on goal 

2. miss a sitter in to Keepers arms

3. fall over and no pressure 

4. play tierney in to trouble and just walk away back turned

5. play a nice pass to the left for Robertson

Yuck

Edited by GaryWood34

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Wonderful. McCoist is a revelation on commentary “Get in” 😂😂

He was sitting at the end of the local pub i am sitting in on Saturday, was wondering if he would be here tonight  till I seen who was on commentary 😂

6 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol guess that puts to bed the argument of whether Patterson should start or not. Lovely finish and great link up. 

He has a surprisingly good strike on him. Scored that belter against Antwerp for Rangers aswell. He scored a great goal for the u21s aswell.

It's good to have a fullback that has a good strike on him.

Robertson doesn't really seem to have the best strike. He seems to just rattle it and not try to aim it across goal much.