Denmark v Scotland - match thread - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Denmark v Scotland - match thread

vanderark14

Outclassed so far.  Playing a defence-minded team is fine providing it can actually defend. Unfortunately, we can't.

Also, playing hoofball is fine (not to my tastes but it's an option) but not when you're playing an average sized forward up front on his own against big centre-halves.

Apart from a free-kick, which we were lucky to get, we've created nothing. Embarrassing.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

We are up against a better team but why are we always so fucking shite???

Ireland are playing with a st mirren midfielder and a 19 year old Portsmouth keeper yet they are leading in portugal. 

Tbf Ireland have been utter gash recently and them leading 1 nil against Portugal is one of the few decent things they have done in a long time. They are hardly a good example of what we could should be aiming for. 

Edited by mccaughey85

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

We are up against a better team but why are we always so fucking shite???

Ireland are playing with a st mirren midfielder and a 19 year old Portsmouth keeper yet they are leading in portugal. 

I can't explain the lack of aggression. We started quite well (first 2min) but we've totally lacked any belief in what we're doing thereafter. 

I need another drink man 🙈

3 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

We haven't even been in their penalty box . These games are always tough but we have offered nothing going forward.  Get McKenna off replace with Hendry and throw Christie on fir McLean and have a bit of a go 

He's too slow to change. He'll do that in the 60th minute when its too late and possibly even more.

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tbf Ireland have been utter gash recently and them leading 1 nil against Portugal is one of the few decent things they have done in a long time. They are hardly a good example of what we could should be aiming for. 

I never said we should be aiming for them now but until the recent euro qualifiers they were better than us and I'm willing to bet they will bounce back. They are a proud nation who give everything every single time they take to the field. We are a bunch of wimps 

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

I can't explain the lack of aggression. We started quite well (first 2min) but we've totally lacked any belief in what we're doing thereafter. 

I need another drink man 🙈

I've already poured a third to numb this pain🤦🏻‍♂️

This'll be the measure of Clarke and how he responds at half time. He needs to go through everyone of them, make some personnel and formation changes, and make this more respectable.

I don't expect a coneback, but I do expect a better performance, because that was up there with one of our worst halfs of football. 

1 minute ago, Tartan blood said:

This'll be the measure of Clarke and how he responds at half time. He needs to go through everyone of them, make some personnel and formation changes, and make this more respectable.

I don't expect a coneback, but I do expect a better performance, because that was up there with one of our worst halfs of football. 

Quoting myself because he's made big changes. Good on him. Let's see if it works.

Just now, Hertsscot said:

I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea but we miss Scott Brown, desperately need some leadership, some bite.

He's been great for aberdeen but against top opposition he would really struggle 

1 minute ago, Tartan Chris said:

Simply a gulf in passing and movement. Gilmour struggled without a McGinn or McTominey alongside him. Tierney also lacking confidence after poor Arsenal start.

Only think to cling onto tonight is Moldova maybe holding Austria, 0-0 after 40 minutes so you never know.

A Moldova win/draw would be brilliant for us. 

2 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Simply a gulf in passing and movement. Gilmour struggled without a McGinn or McTominey alongside him. Tierney also lacking confidence after poor Arsenal start.

Only think to cling onto tonight is Moldova maybe holding Austria, 0-0 after 40 minutes so you never know.

A lot of the side have been in teams that have been struggling and probably doesn't help when to go behind, easy just to think here we go again.