Denmark v Scotland - match thread - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Denmark v Scotland - match thread

vanderark14

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having had time to reflect, I think what was missing was a more defensive-minded type in midfield. Gilmour, McGregor and and McLean are not aggressive in the right way. McTom plays in midfield for ManU - so when he's available I'd go with him, Gilmour and McGinn. England have success with 2 defensive mids as they did last night. We only really have Jack and I don't rate McLean as a first choice. Maybe Ferguson could come in. At any rate, no more talk of players out of position. We don't need McTom at right CB anymore and Tierney only should play if we persist with back three. He has also lost his confidence playing for a defensively poor Arsenal. 

15 hours ago, duncan II said:

That’s exactly what we don’t need. Did the Danes have a screamer? No, they had 11 guys comfortable on the ball, pass and move, pass and move. And with upper body strength to out muscle our wee guys when it ever got to a one-on-one. As someone said earlier, we really need to get away from the hard man, who shouts loudest, who kicks the ball hardest culture that starts in school. Get that to fuck. You can have a desire to win and and be a motivational teammate without screaming in your defensive partners face.

We're not going to play like Denmark overnight especially with the current management team. The team needed a rocket up their arse in that first half. You can play well and get done over by a physical team as well so having a screamer is one of the things that can help us get a better result.

Absolutely astounded when i saw the andy robertson interview post match.He was actually almost boasting in the fact that a year age we would have lost 4,but we managed to keep it down to 2.Unvelievable outlook from a Scotland captain.It makes you realise how low Clarke has set the bar,if Robertson is willing to come out with that guff.It really makes you wonder how low Clarkes expectations are.Also,don't think Andy Robertson is a captain in a million years.Far too low key.

58 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Absolutely astounded when i saw the andy robertson interview post match.He was actually almost boasting in the fact that a year age we would have lost 4,but we managed to keep it down to 2.Unvelievable outlook from a Scotland captain.It makes you realise how low Clarke has set the bar,if Robertson is willing to come out with that guff.It really makes you wonder how low Clarkes expectations are.Also,don't think Andy Robertson is a captain in a million years.Far too low key.

Never saw it but if that's true I think some one should point out it should or or could have been 4 or 5 to Denmark/

Think Robertson got the captaincy at the time as there was no other players likely to be starting every game.

Personally don't like the idea of having a captain on the wing.....................just don't suggest that to any Rangers fans.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

On 9/3/2021 at 9:41 PM, thesaint said:

Unbelievably he did.If he thinks they deserve plaudits for only losing 2 -0,then he is not the guy we need as a Scotland captain.As i said,the bar has been set so low by Clarke,that only losing 2-0 seems like  a result to the players.Indefencable bullshit.

The bars been pretty low for Scotland for the last 20 years. Clarke if anything has raised it slightly. Surely getting to a major tournament is considered raising the bar.