Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 193 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Tomiyasu apparently wasn't full fit last night and zinchenko is coming back from injury. 

I don't have too much confidence in a lot of our players but I'd be confident Tierney could retake the left back position if he gets his chance.

Agreed. The only major flaw with Tierney, that I can see, is that he's injury prone. When he's fit he's an excellent full-back.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Tomiyasu apparently wasn't full fit last night and zinchenko is coming back from injury. 

I don't have too much confidence in a lot of our players but I'd be confident Tierney could retake the left back position if he gets his chance.

I love KT but there is no chance he is starting over the other 2 when all are fit, just look at the game time he is getting just now. He needs a move soon

6 hours ago, Kirk said:

I love KT but there is no chance he is starting over the other 2 when all are fit, just look at the game time he is getting just now. He needs a move soon

Disagree, Tierney suffered from not having a proper pre season because he was injured for most of it. He's started most of europa matches and a couple of EPL matches. He's now hitting form and will push those.players all the way.

IMO He's better than both of them 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Disagree, Tierney suffered from not having a proper pre season because he was injured for most of it. He's started most of europa matches and a couple of EPL matches. He's now hitting form and will push those.players all the way.

IMO He's better than both of them 

Sorry but hes not better than Zinchenko (spelling) He might be a better defender but thats about it. Arteta clearly has his favourites anyway. I hope im proved wrong but can't see it. Unless Zinchenko moves into midfield.

Edited by Kirk
no reason

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

So?

David Marshall played the bigger part but ask Scotland fans and they wouldn't have him in the squad just because of that.

Wasn't the point that was being discussed, previous poster says he can't score for Scotland, I was suggesting the goal that he scored against serbia in the shootout was a goal he had scored for scotland

Nothing was being discussed about his contribution in that game compared to other players of it the majority of Scotland fans would have him in the squad due to a penalty he scored nearly 2 years ago  

Just now, borojock said:

Wasn't the point that was being discussed, previous poster says he can't score for Scotland, I was suggesting the goal that he scored against serbia in the shootout was a goal he had scored for scotland

Nothing was being discussed about his contribution in that game compared to other players of it the majority of Scotland fans would have him in the squad due to a penalty he scored nearly 2 years ago  

End of the day all that matters is that he has played 16 times for us and been horse shit all the way. We are looking for players for the future or ones that can make a difference at international level and that ain't McBurnie.

22 minutes ago, JandC said:

Sheffield Utd fans have McBurnie as their MOTM on the forums today.

If he keeps playing like this then he has to get another chance in the national team imo.

It’s not like we’re blessed with goalscorers. 

Perfect 10 on who scored, first Scottish player to do that since hmm, well Tony Watt.