Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 362 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

17 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Great to hear, sounds like Sociedad are managing his fitness well, not pushing him to play 90 mins & risk another potential set back.

Patterson isn't even getting a few minutes these days, Dyche still kept a centre back playing at right back on even though Everton where 2-0 down at half time. Some Everton fans really not happy about his lack of chances.This situation really can't be good for the lads confidence.

There must be more to Patterson's situation than meets the eye. From being overlooked in favour of a centre-half playing out of position to now not even be getting a few minutes off the bench almost defies logic.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbo starts on the bench against Man City; Joe Gomez preferred to him.

Jeezo, what is it with Liverpudlian football teams playing centre-halves at full-back ahead of Scots full-backs?? 😂

6 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Robbo starts on the bench against Man City; Joe Gomez preferred to him.

Jeezo, what is it with Liverpudlian football teams playing centre-halves at full-back ahead of Scots full-backs?? 😂

Much as I think he's had his best period for Scotland the last couple of seasons, he turns 30 tomorrow and that's way past what would be considered peak for a full-back. Though Salah is also on the bench so it could just be tactical.

Was Gilmour just dropped today for Brighton?  His 2 match ban was surely served before todays game. Against  Wolves in the cup then Fulham in the league.  Or was it a 3 match ban? 🤔 

Just did some research and apparently it's a 3 match ban if it's considered violent conduct? 🙄

Edited by todd

21 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Didn’t realise Trippier picked the England squad, if that’s the case we can rule him out yeah

It is a fact Trippier knows Livramento far better than board members here. He trains, plays and travels with Livramento and no doubt knows exactly what Livramento wants through his time with him.including who he wants to represent internationally.

2 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

I hope we can rule all these players out. They all clearly want to play for England and that's fine. It's not as if we haven't qualified for the Euros and they wouldn't be playing in an international tournament either.

I think Clarke has always said, the ball is in their court to pick the phone up and declare that they want to play for us -  not vice versa in us chasing them.

Personally I never anticipated any of those eligible Newcastle players being in the squad for this summer for either us or England. 

Edited by DesiScotsman

On 3/10/2024 at 2:20 PM, scotlad said:

There must be more to Patterson's situation than meets the eye. From being overlooked in favour of a centre-half playing out of position to now not even be getting a few minutes off the bench almost defies logic.

Not sure there is. Dyche plays a back 4 and clearly doesn't trust Patterson to play right back in a 4. 

Hopefully either Dyche gets the sack or Patterson gets a move in the summer as I can't see anything changing as long as they're both at the club. 

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

Not sure there is. Dyche plays a back 4 and clearly doesn't trust Patterson to play right back in a 4. 

Hopefully either Dyche gets the sack or Patterson gets a move in the summer as I can't see anything changing as long as they're both at the club. 

Patterson hasn't done anything to deserve being dropped though, that I can think of.

I'm biased but the boy who's replaced him at RB looks like a CB playing out of position.

3 hours ago, scotlad said:

Patterson hasn't done anything to deserve being dropped though, that I can think of.

I'm biased but the boy who's replaced him at RB looks like a CB playing out of position.

He is a CB. The whole situation is absolutely baffling. It’s different if Everton were getting results after dropping him but they are not. They haven’t won a single game since he was benched.

11 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Do you think they’re going to name a squad for next Friday, or is it like the Sunday amateurs and just see who turns and isn’t too hung over?

Think it's announced today

It's usually noon....

We shall see 

20 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Do you think they’re going to name a squad for next Friday, or is it like the Sunday amateurs and just see who turns and isn’t too hung over?

It's getting announced today. Not sure when though -  probably until all the players that have been selected have received their texts.

Edited by DesiScotsman

2 minutes ago, DesiScotsman said:

It's getting announced today. Not sure when though -  probably until all the players that have been selected have received their texts.

Away gm nxt Fri, available aye or naw?  Blue and white kit. SC

6 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Squad announced and it’s just everyone youd expect 

4 keepers and 6 centre halves (and that doesn’t include Tierney). Is that really necessary? Can we not find some forwards from somewhere , even the U21s to at least have a look at them eg Conway