Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 348 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

11 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

GOAL - Stuart Armstrong with 89th minute equaliser in the cup.

Cunts should have started with their strongest team as you can probably guess they were the only team to let my coupon down

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Looking at Twitter at least the Brighton fans are raving about Gilmour if that helps, apparently he has been world class lately. 

Gilmour rarely does anything highlights worthy but he sets the tempo of the team, makes it tick and often plays the between the lines pass that starts the attack.

He needs a team that play to his strengths and teammates who trust him. Main reason why Norwich was a disaster.

3 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Gilmour rarely does anything highlights worthy but he sets the tempo of the team, makes it tick and often plays the between the lines pass that starts the attack.

He needs a team that play to his strengths and teammates who trust him. Main reason why Norwich was a disaster.

I wonder if we’re looking at another Robertson/Tierney type situation with McGregor and Gilmour, ie how do we fit them into the same team. For me, Gilmour is too good to leave out but Clarke seems to favour McGregor. The general impression recently is that Clarke doesn’t fancy them together.

1 hour ago, The Black Bra said:

Hanley back playing as well is a bonus. Thought his time might have been over but if McKenna doesn’t get a move that leaves the door open. Souttar has played well for Rangers last couple of games so I’m feeling (slightly) less worried about our central defence. We really need Tierney to be fit.

On the end of a 5-2 defeat mind but Liverpool are one of the best club teams in the world.

A Porteous move to Udinese would be a real positive. 

Who are our three CB's if everyone is fit? Tierney, obviously and you'd think Porteous has done enough.

1 hour ago, BryanBlessed said:

On the end of a 5-2 defeat mind but Liverpool are one of the best club teams in the world.

Who are our three CB's if everyone is fit? Tierney, obviously and you'd think Porteous has done enough.

Udinese have ruled out any move for Porteous.

2 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

Hanley was subbed after 62 minutes with the score at 3-1.

2 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

Assuming everyone is fit and McKenna doesn’t get a move and still isn’t playing, I would guess Porteous, Hendry, Tierney. 
Maybe Souttar could force his way in? 
I think the CBs in the squad will be Porteous, Hendry, Hanley, Souttar & Tierney.

9 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

Assuming everyone is fit and McKenna doesn’t get a move and still isn’t playing, I would guess Porteous, Hendry, Tierney. 
Maybe Souttar could force his way in? 
I think the CBs in the squad will be Porteous, Hendry, Hanley, Souttar & Tierney.

I'm not worried too much as of yet but come the march friendlies if our central defender options are not playing anymore than now I'd be getting quite concerned.

My current summary is

Porteous( reading the Watford forum fans are saying the reason he is being left out is he isn't consistent enough, last season he was a colossus this season he has gone back to the SPL Porteous, he looks a great defender at times but occasional rash tackles, poor positioning & the odd terrible pass have returned to his game.  Also read the Udinese rumour is just that as they have their full quota of non EU players ) 

Hanley( fit again & a good 2nd half of the season will probably see him make the squad) 

Tierney( injured per norm😪)

Souttar( more out than in the team though let's hope Saturdays impressive performance will lead to him having the chance of establishing himself as a regular starter)

McKenna ( His contractual issue desperately needs solved one way or another as he needs to be playing coming into his peak years ) 

Cooper( not likely to ever be a regular starting at Leeds again but probably happy to stay due to having long term ties & being club captain . As a consequence he may well have excepted his chances of going to Germany are very slim)

Hendry ( personally never been a fan but he is at least a regular starter for his club)

Quansah(  Not seen the lad kick a ball but the Liverpool fans raving about him, heard he is a mix of Alan Hansen & VVD, that'd do for me!  Before I start getting abused it's a tongue in cheek shout as  this grannie eligible Englishman has played at every level for England & has never even been approached by Scotland as far as I know so calm down boys it sadly won't be happening🤣)

Think Dominic Hyam or anyone else would only have a chance if their was a injury & form crisis but I do think Kenny McLean's apparent ability to play in defence does potentially free up space to risk taking one less central defender & leave space for another attacking preferable wide player.

Only KT is automatic for me, the rest are much of a muchness, form should be the deciding factor but like most I expect Hendry & Porteous if they stay relatively regular in their teams will go .

So it's probably 2 from Hanley, McKenna & Souttar. Much as I like Hanley the other 2 are both better on the ball & younger so if they are playing regularly I'd like to see them selected.

Shanklands goal is brilliant. Beautifully stroked in.

Thats 20 for the season, probably going to get over 30 goals for hearts and I don't think theres been many pens which was a criticism of him last season. Not often a non old firm strikers score that kind numbers. 

Really starting to think this guy could make a proper contribution to Scotland if Clarke gives him gametime.

On 1/25/2024 at 3:49 PM, GHfaeGTA said:

Gauld signs contract extension with Vancouver through 2027. Looks like we may see him play for Canada at some point 

Lucky them, Scott Arfield got a regular game for them when he wouldn't have got a look in for us.

3 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I'm not worried too much as of yet but come the march friendlies if our central defender options are not playing anymore than now I'd be getting quite concerned.

My current summary is

Porteous( reading the Watford forum fans are saying the reason he is being left out is he isn't consistent enough, last season he was a colossus this season he has gone back to the SPL Porteous, he looks a great defender at times but occasional rash tackles, poor positioning & the odd terrible pass have returned to his game.  Also read the Udinese rumour is just that as they have their full quota of non EU players ) 

Hanley( fit again & a good 2nd half of the season will probably see him make the squad) 

Souttar( more out than in the team though let's hope Saturdays impressive performance will lead to him having the chance of establishing himself as a regular starter)

McKenna ( His contractual issue desperately needs solved one way or another as he needs to be playing coming into his peak years ) 

Cooper( not likely to ever be a regular starting at Leeds again but probably happy to stay due to having long term ties & being club captain . As a consequence he may well have excepted his chances of going to Germany are very slim)

Hendry ( personally never been a fan but he is at least a regular starter for his club)

Quansah(  Not seen the lad kick a ball but the Liverpool fans raving about him, heard he is a mix of Alan Hansen & VVD, that'd do for me!  Before I start getting abused it's a tongue in cheek shout as  this grannie eligible Englishman has played at every level for England & has never even been approached by Scotland as far as I know so calm down boys it sadly won't be happening🤣)

Think Dominic Hyam or anyone else would only have a chance if their was a injury & form crisis but I do think Kenny McLean's apparent ability to play in defence does potentially free up space to risk taking one less central defender & leave space for another attacking preferable wide player.

Only KT is automatic for me, the rest are much of a muchness, form should be the deciding factor but like most I expect Hendry & Porteous if they stay relatively regular in their teams will go .

So it's probably 2 from Hanley, McKenna & Souttar. Much as I like Hanley the other 2 are both better on the ball & younger so if they are playing regularly I'd like to see them selected.

Hanley is a favourite of Clarke's, so I can't see him not starting if fit.  Agree on Hendry (much prefer Souttar) and I think Porteous has been better than him in recent games but I didn't know he wasn't playing that well for Watford. I wonder if being in London (and all that goes with it) might be affecting his game.

7 hours ago, theabsentee said:

My current summary is

Injury dependent players that may get a look in 

Ibane Bowat having a successful season on loan in the Austrian premiership, and solid in the Scotland U21s. 

Luis Binks playing well at Coventry. 

Michael Rose or Liam lindsay maybe. 

9 hours ago, syecosse said:

Watched the Blackburn game Good game solid performance from Dom Hyam also as mentioned in striker section Sam Gallagher. 

He is playing regularly & has been selected before so might have a good chance of making it especially if some of our other options aren't starting for their clubs towards the end of the season.

I forgot about  Bowat though he would be a shock pick .