Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 327 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

7 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

I suppose it's because Callum McGregor has really delivered for Scotland and wouldn't look out of place in the EPL. I always thought Gilmour and McGregor would be paired together but Clarke doesn't seem to agree and now it appears to be one or the other.  It's difficult, for me, to make a case for McGregor over Gilmour in that case.  I don't think Christie makes it into the midfield if everyone is available.

The problem is that we really lack a defensive midfielder to play next to Gilmour. Could that be Ferguson (even though he plays further up for Bologna)?  

I don't think Clarke is against playing Gilmour and McGregor in the same team. He's done it a few times now. 

Although McGregor is technically playing in a worse league, he is captaining a team playing Champions League football and has 50+ caps. The same goes for Gordon. He may be playing in the SPFL, but his experience more than makes up for the opposition he's up against.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

I agree that Fergson is going really well but Serie A is not as good a level as the EPL and I don't think he deserved to take the place of any of our midfielders. Even McTominay, in a poor Utd team, has still managed to get a few goals and that's not even considering his international form.  He's a great option to have on the bench.

EPL is a better overall standard than Serie A however id argue that its harder to score goals in Italy.

33 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Porteous dropped again, Watford losing 4-1🙄 he supposedly played well last week, week before when he was dropped, they lost 5-1

Sounds like he was preventing them from getting humped every week although they weren't exactly getting great results with him in the side either. Usually watch out for their results and they were often drawing or narrowly losing. 

44 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Ryan Fraser will be giving Steve Clarke a wee headache. Thing with him is he’s scored goals for Scotland before. I would have him in the squad all day long if he’s fit and scoring. 

Now that Ryan a Christie can cover a holding midfield role, you could swap in Fraser for Ryan Jack without losing too much from the squad

1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

Ryan Fraser will be giving Steve Clarke a wee headache. Thing with him is he’s scored goals for Scotland before. I would have him in the squad all day long if he’s fit and scoring. 

I've been really impressed with him recently. Still has a bit of pace, is a good crosser and has a good finish.  Looks like ab EPL player which is what he is.

I don't think he'll be in our first 11 but should be in the squad.

Good to see Adams scoring but I wonder if it might be Dykes or Adams in the squad and not both.

2 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Yep. We have basically no actual wingers so it’s important to have him back in the squad IMO