Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 276 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

10 hours ago, JECK said:

Nathan Patterson - Everton looking like in for another terrible season which is not great for him.Seen the highlights yesterday and he wasn’t at fault for any of the 4 goals by looks of it. And looked decent somewhat but the whole team was slagged by Dyche. Ironically if Liverpool are planning to move TAA centrally, Patterson seems a pretty decent shout for their right back position - loves to get forward and def fits the Klopp mould imo.

Unfortunately for him he's getting relegated this season. They've got away with it last couple but no chance this year. Absolutely woeful team 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Thats good news, a full season for hearts should do his career alot of good.

Thistle were toothless yesterday (as we have been for most of this season so far) so it's hard to really judge how good Lowry is, but he certainly had a good game yesterday. He looks very good on the ball and I think he'll only get better with experience.

It'll be interesting to see how he does against PAOK later this week.

9 hours ago, JECK said:

I would say he’s done relatively well compared with the rest of the team since returning late last season,  especially compared with the rest of the back line. Michael Keane especially looks out of his depth at EPL level and he appears to be there main centre back. Everton were  one of those clubs you’d be happy for a Scot to sign for, but not anymore. Look certs for relegation.

I'm with you there. All things considered he's far from Everton's worst player. Michael Keane - who once won caps for England - looks like a bomb-scare and he is a lot more experienced than Patterson.

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Suggests that he's now fourth choice left back there. Essential that he gets a move out of there this month. 

Agreed.

Arteta is a fud.

53 minutes ago, slasher said:

I would actually agree with that. It’s the sort of thing Ryan Kent did all the time, initiate the contact. I was more annoyed about the elbow on Taylor which was a pivotal moment. That should have been a red card imo.

It’s all semantics anyway, we got what we deserved in the end, fuck all!

Think as a manager you have to have a word with your players about that and how it's not beneficial to the team..

I never saw the elbow only saw last 30 mins or so but from listening to SSB sounds like he should have been off. Will Swatch the highlights today 

On 8/22/2023 at 9:37 AM, Kirk said:

Think as a manager you have to have a word with your players about that and how it's not beneficial to the team..

I never saw the elbow only saw last 30 mins or so but from listening to SSB sounds like he should have been off. Will Swatch the highlights today 

Dunno how that post ended up in this thread, odd 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Dunno how that post ended up in this thread, odd 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yours or mine 😂 

I've found the mobile site to jump between pages or back a page sometimes for no reason

I think most will agree that souttar gets in the squad if hes fit and playing every week. We just don't have an abundance of centre backs playing at a high level that we can afford to turn our noses up at him. Thats not me trying to slag him because i think hes quite good and he will probably improve alot with age. He would be alot further along in his career had he not had those serious injuries as well.

Hopefully hes free of that now and can focus on becoming a key player for rangers and scotland.

On 8/24/2023 at 5:06 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Gilmour v wolves. 

Seems to be dictating games from deep. Brighton seem like a perfect fit for him right now if he can get gametime most weeks.

Excellent, thanks for posting it, on the Brighton forum on Saturday most of them said he was MOTM, on match of the day he never had a kick of the ball or got a mention .

On 8/24/2023 at 5:06 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Gilmour v wolves. 

Seems to be dictating games from deep. Brighton seem like a perfect fit for him right now if he can get gametime most weeks.

Looks class, just strolls it and makes it look simple, some great passes too

22 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He reminds me of Luka Modric.

When I heard he only misplaced 1 pass, I expected to watch the highlights and witness lots of safe sideways passes. That wasn't the case at all. Plenty of slick and silky creative passes to teammates. Flicks over heads and a backwards header, as well as positive, defence splitting through balls. Gilmour is really turning out every bit as good as we all envisioned.

Edited by Tartan blood