Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 248 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

McLean always turns up (unless genuinely injured) when he knows he likely won’t start and has never let us down when he has started or come on as a sub (as far as I remember anyway).

I do see ProudScot’s point in that he likely wouldn’t have featured much in our games in June but a few injuries in midfield and he may well be missed. 

Think Kenny McLean would have had more of a chance to come on at some point in these games than one or two others in the squad. 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

He's starting regularly still for Boro despite all the signings they've made since Carrick came in which is a good sign.

If he carries on like this, he looks a ready made replacement for Kenny McLean or Ryan Jack.

Playing further forward today but good defensive midfielders are very hard to find, to be honest at 20 he could easily end up on a bigger teams bench next season.

Don't think I've ever jumped on the "do what Wales do" bandwagon, but maybe this is the time.

2 hours ago, csinclair said:

Also, I’m not Hanley’s biggest fan but this Norwich defence look very shaky without him. 

Maybe he's not so duff after all then. 🙂

I thought Gunn could have done better with Hackney's goal though.

14 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

If he carries on like this, he looks a ready made replacement for Kenny McLean or Ryan Jack.

Playing further forward today but good defensive midfielders are very hard to find, to be honest at 20 he could easily end up on a bigger teams bench next season.

Don't think I've ever jumped on the "do what Wales do" bandwagon, but maybe this is the time.

This is what we want though, right. A nice settled squad that only changes when someone comes along that is clearly better than what we have. One at a time guys get phased out, but remain available if we have injuries or whatever.

Jack will likely retire either after qualifying for Germany (if we fail) or after the tournament if we go. Hackney is in prime position for his spot at the moment but I would say is unlikely to take it before then unless he moves to and establishes himself at a decent EPL club. Getting promoted and playing the EPL (well) will also possibly see a route to the squad but I don’t think that’s an automatic qualifying criteria for us any longer.

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think hayden hackney will need to be in future squads sooner rather than later. Anybody watched him much? what kind of player is he? Is he amazing and can he jump up to epl level?

20 year old defensive midfielder, usually a position that requires a lot of experience to develop. 

Seems to be more than capable of playing that role in the championship. 

In other news Norwich got destroyed last night. No Kenny McLean in front of the defence made a big difference. 

50 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Another impressive performance by Super John McGinn today. Had a hand in two of the three goals, was industrious putting himself about and had a decent curling effort just wide in the second half.

What a turn around under the new manager. He was seemingly very poor under Gerrard. 

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Much more down to very poor management and not really out of form McGinn as he was still putting in displays for Scotland around that time.

Suspect he’s in a more advanced position, that’s where you get the best out of him clearly

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

20 year old defensive midfielder, usually a position that requires a lot of experience to develop. 

Seems to be more than capable of playing that role in the championship. 

In other news Norwich got destroyed last night. No Kenny McLean in front of the defence made a big difference. 

I wouldn’t say he’s a defensive midfielder. He’s a playmaker with long and short passes. Not really a physical, all action type.

I dont quite understand some of the negativity Jacob Brown seems to get from a few on this board 

• He's playing regular football which many of our players arent 
  • He's playing at a decent level 
  • Playing at a decent club 
  • Scoring decent amount of goals
  • Has showed commitment to the team by regularly turning up even when not getting any mins 

I do wonder those that are having a pop at him how many mins of actual football have you seen him play, are you making an informed opinion on him based on actually watching him or just making lazy assumptions 

Not saying the guy should be a starter for us but suggesting some of the comments on him are unfairly founded