Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 214 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think its becoming pretty clear that ross stewart can become our version of ivan toney or jamie vardy. Its just a matter of time before hes in the epl and hes probably going to be a starter for scotland if he continues this form. 

Agreed. Everyone develops at different rates. Yes, you might get the odd prodigy that is ready at 18, but that isn't normal. We've had loads of great internationalists over the years that didn't establish themselves until much later in their career. Hartley, Robson and Pressley spring to mind. Mulgrew was in his mid 20s before he became a regular as well. So I don't think we need to worry that he is a bit older.

If Stewart keeps this up then I think that 3rd striker slot will be his for the foreseeable.

2 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Agreed. Everyone develops at different rates. Yes, you might get the odd prodigy that is ready at 18, but that isn't normal. We've had loads of great internationalists over the years that didn't establish themselves until much later in their career. Hartley, Robson and Pressley spring to mind. Mulgrew was in his mid 20s before he became a regular as well. So I don't think we need to worry that he is a bit older.

If Stewart keeps this up then I think that 3rd striker slot will be his for the foreseeable.

Don't take this the wrong way but you know when we are scraping the bottom of the barrel labelling Hartley, Robson, Pressley and Mulgrew as great internationalists. I'd put them in a category but not one labelled as great.

11 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Get yourself a strong cup of black coffee immediately. 

Great internationalists 😂😂

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Don't take this the wrong way but you know when we are scraping the bottom of the barrel labelling Hartley, Robson, Pressley and Mulgrew as great internationalists. I'd put them in a category but not one labelled as great.

53 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Get yourself a strong cup of black coffee immediately. 

Great internationalists 😂😂

Maybe I should have just said "internationalists" and removed the word great... 😅

They all had decent purple patches for Scotland though. Definitely did a job for a period of time. Mulgrew especially should have more caps than he did, and actually played really well in midfield under Strachan.

6 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Think he would do a job for them.  Scores lots of goals per chance ratio.

He would sit on the bench if he’s lucky. Complete waste if he goes there, a decent player essentially out the game and one of our best of the rest clubs significantly weakened for league/Europe. Pointless move.