Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 160 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

31 minutes ago, stocky said:

McKenna handball in box 

Just gave away a penalty

Yellow card.

Hammers miss .

Yep. A 'body-on-the-line' type block that didn't come off. He'll be disappointed with himself. Otherwise, an assured performance by Scott McKenna I thought.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://youtu.be/NIzoQsPN-P0

Burkes goal. Its a pretty decent finish. If his career starts to take off there then perhaps he should get his place back in the squad. Problem is we dont play wingers and i am not sure burke is really a winger anyways. Maybe a formation of 433 would be worth a try. A forward three chosen from adams, dykes, fraser, burke, stewart, brown could work especially against the weaker teams. Plenty of pace and guys who can finish reasonably well.

Burkes goal. Its a pretty decent finish. If his career starts to take off there then perhaps he should get his place back in the squad. Problem is we dont play wingers and i am not sure burke is really a winger anyways. Maybe a formation of 433 would be worth a try. A forward three chosen from adams, dykes, fraser, burke, stewart, brown could work especially against the weaker teams. Plenty of pace and guys who can finish reasonably well.

5 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Stewarts finish. Hes started well and it seems clear he will score goals in the championship, hopefully he scores loads and gets a move to the epl.

Nice finish from Stewart, and from Burke in the previous video you posted! Great to see them making such good starts to their seasons!

7 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

If, and it’s a massive if he gets game time I’d have him in the squad. Forrest is pretty done at a decent level and Fraser is unreliable so it’d be worth giving him a squad place as an option to bring on if we’re chasing a game or changing formation.

4 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

If, and it’s a massive if he gets game time I’d have him in the squad. Forrest is pretty done at a decent level and Fraser is unreliable so it’d be worth giving him a squad place as an option to bring on if we’re chasing a game or changing formation.

Fraser is a lot better than Burke 

14 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

People are getting a bit carried away about Oliver Burke.

He touched the ball 8 times on Saturday and the previous week 12 times, he got Dispossessed twice in that game.

So if I understand the stats for the previous game (which I guess he entered as a sub?): he touched the ball 12 times and of those 12 times he got tackled twice? It doesn't sound that bad to me to be honest.

22 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Barry McKay flying for hearts. Reckon him and Shankland certain for call ups next fixtures. 

McKay has had a great start to the season and he had a good season last time out too.  I think the problem he has is the number of players in front of him who not only play in a similar position but who also play their club football at a better level.

I'm keen to see how he does on Thursday against European opposition and in games against the OF.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Fraser is a lot better than Burke 

He is, but he is frequently injured!

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Greg Taylor was outstanding yesterday. 

Still (for whatever reason) the designated whipping boy for a considerable amount of Celtic fans despite a noticeable upturn in his form towards the end of last season and the start of this season. 

1 hour ago, mcguffin said:

So if I understand the stats for the previous game (which I guess he entered as a sub?): he touched the ball 12 times and of those 12 times he got tackled twice? It doesn't sound that bad to me to be honest.

Sorry but it's pretty awful stat losing the ball twice when you have seen so little of it.

Point was more that one goal doesn't really change very much regarding his potential to become  an international class player.

On a more positive note he hasn't misplaced a pass yet, had a shot off target or lost an aerial duel, but lets be honest 20 minutes in the Bundesliga is a pretty small sample.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He touched the ball 8 times on Saturday and the previous week 12 times, he got Dispossessed twice in that game.

Couldn't agree more. I've always liked him due to his enormous potential but let's not get carried away with 1 goal from 2 sub appearances. He needs to start games & make an impression over a  sustained period then we can maybe get excited about him again. 

No comparison between him & Fraser, different players & Fraser when fit gives us a lot more threat as well as workrate

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Greg Taylor was outstanding yesterday. 

It did look that way.

However I think we let him look outstanding due to our performance.

Hopefully (for Scotland's sake), he turns it on v the bigger teams and he continues to improve

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Sorry but it's pretty awful stat losing the ball twice when you have seen so little of it.

Point was more that one goal doesn't really change very much regarding his potential to become  an international class player.

On a more positive note he hasn't misplaced a pass yet, had a shot off target or lost an aerial duel, but lets be honest 20 minutes in the Bundesliga is a pretty small sample.

Yes you're right. a pretty small sample and precious few minutes yet in the Bundesliga. Still, I'd be interested to see what the 'dispossessed twice' looked like in practice (maybe he just got crowded out or something? It can happen to strikers? Hopefully not some fundamental 'ball control' flaw or similar?)

Anyway, thanks for the stats 👍. Let's see how he gets on in future games. Fingers crossed for the guy.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Calvin Ramsay is due back in training for Liverpool in the next week or two.

That moron Scott Gemmill will probably pick someone from the Scottish Championship over him for the U21s however.

Nowhere near ready for full international football

Edited by DAVIDB46

6 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Nobodies getting carried away. Hes got himself a goal in the limited gametime hes had so far and if he does do relatively well for werder then he should get a place back in the squad. Saying that hes still got a lot to do before that happens plus we dont really play much wingers so its going to be tough for guys like him unless we choose to go for a 451 or 433 in some games.

Either way hes scored in the tiny amount of gametime hes had so far which is promising and should help with his confidence.

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

Nobodies getting carried away. Hes got himself a goal in the limited gametime hes had so far and if he does do relatively well for werder then he should get a place back in the squad. Saying that hes still got a lot to do before that happens plus we dont really play much wingers so its going to be tough for guys like him unless we choose to go for a 451 or 433 in some games.

Either way hes scored in the tiny amount of gametime hes had so far which is promising and should help with his confidence.

That is the problem we have such a low bar that it’s doesn’t take much to reach it .

Burke has had far too many chances and has never been good enough 

8 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

That is the problem we have such a low bar that it’s doesn’t take much to reach it .

Burke has had far too many chances and has never been good enough 

Yeh this is probably the last chance for him to make it at a good level but at least hes got a goal and that might earn him some more gametime. 

I dont have high hopes for him anymore but at least hes been given a chance in the bundesliga again which i am kinda surprised hes been given after his relatively poor stint at sheff utd. 

We dont have any decent wingers apart from fraser who doesnt turn up so burke hasnt got much competition in that area so he might get back in based on a run of decent bundesliga performances.

I still hold out hope for him lol.