Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 164 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

souttars place at rangers now in doubt and question over his place in the Scotland squad.

Firstly he's injured, secondly the season has only just started. Souttar has plenty of time to regain his place for club and county.

You really do talk some amount of alarmist, poorly informed, attention seeking shite don't you ?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Firstly he's injured, secondly the season has only just started. Souttar has plenty of time to regain his place for club and county.

You really do talk some amount of alarmist, poorly informed, attention seeking shite don't you ?

He's overtaken Ramy now. An absolute gump

Edited by vanderark14

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm beginning to think that perhaps McLaughlin should start one of the three upcoming games. 

I've been on the game because i live in this area,  not a Rangers fan but had a great day & met plenty good people who support both teams. 

Anyway about Mclaughlin he really is a very dependable keeper definitely worthy of being our number 2.  Unfortunately nothing more to report as no other Scottish player got game time. 

5 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I've been on the game because i live in this area,  not a Rangers fan but had a great day & met plenty good people who support both teams. 

Anyway about Mclaughlin he really is a very dependable keeper definitely worthy of being our number 2.  Unfortunately nothing more to report as no other Scottish player got game time. 

I imagine it’s quite lucrative to be on the game when a big match is in town…

9 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

the matches are only a few weeks away, that’s not plenty time.

30 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

From the man that this it’s better for Scottish footBall if rangers and Celtic do badly in Europe.  

Yes that's correct, that's from me. You act as if I'm on my own in that argument. Many will agree with me but everyone will agree that you post alarmist I'll informed piss on a daily basis.

19 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He does need games. What's his cap total? 3,4?

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

the matches are only a few weeks away, that’s not plenty time.

I'm talking about over the course of the season. You really are thick as fuck.

His brother also died recently from a terrible illness, so he probably also was not in the right frame of mind to playing first team football.

28 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm talking about over the course of the season. You really are thick as fuck.

His brother also died recently from a terrible illness, so he probably also was not in the right frame of mind to playing first team football.

And I was talking about him being available for the upcoming squad.  Rude.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes that's correct, that's from me. You act as if I'm on my own in that argument. Many will agree with me but everyone will agree that you post alarmist I'll informed piss on a daily basis.

sums up the inferior Scottish mentality.  Let’s drag others down to be as pish as us rather than what can we do to be better.

rangers and Celtic are in a league of their own, increasing so.  The answer is not to make them worse, the answer is to make the rest better.  A British league would help sort that.

46 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

sums up the inferior Scottish mentality.  Let’s drag others down to be as pish as us rather than what can we do to be better.

rangers and Celtic are in a league of their own, increasing so.  The answer is not to make them worse, the answer is to make the rest better.  A British league would help sort that.

Inferior mentality? fuck knows how you come to that conclusion. I didn't once mention dragging celtic or rangers down, Ideally you want he others to catch up? How exactly do they do that? why would a british league make it better?

On 8/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, scotlad said:

Villa play a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield (or they did last night anyway). McGinn plays as one of the two "wide" midfielders in the diamond, which, IMO, isn't his best position.

He had a poor game last night, by his standards, but I think Villa would get more out of him if they played him further forward, closer to the position he plays for us.

Totally agree.  

16 hours ago, syecosse said:

Only EFL cup but Elliot Anderson came off to a standing ovation for Newcastle, had a slight knock, fans going crazy on twitter for him.

Just read their fans forum,  they really rate the kid, best player on the pitch apart from Trippier they say. Most fans seem to want him to be given regular minutes from the bench in the epl.  If this starts Happening i hope we will call him up ASAP for the senior squad.  Make him feel the love so he doesn't switch back to England. 

1 hour ago, theabsentee said:

Just read their fans forum,  they really rate the kid, best player on the pitch apart from Trippier they say. Most fans seem to want him to be given regular minutes from the bench in the epl.  If this starts Happening i hope we will call him up ASAP for the senior squad.  Make him feel the love so he doesn't switch back to England. 

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think Anderson may have used up all his allowed international "switches" and is now tied to us. TBC.

6 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think Anderson may have used up all his allowed international "switches" and is now tied to us. TBC.

That'll be good news if he has.  I guess he is well informed of the rules so if this is true he feels comfortable with his choice 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

15 hours ago, theabsentee said:

That'll be good news if he has.  I guess he is well informed of the rules so if this is true he feels comfortable with his choice 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I thought those rules only applied to senior caps? Is there a limit on how many times a 'schoolboy' can switch?

3 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

I thought those rules only applied to senior caps? Is there a limit on how many times a 'schoolboy' can switch?

There was a new rule introduced a couple of years back. You are allowed two international "switches" and that's it, no more allowed.