Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 165 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to think of something positive to say about Oli McBurnie ....

Em ..... well he was unlucky to hit the bar in two consecutive games ......

Um ..... and he scored his penalty against the Serbs when we all thought he'd screw it up ......

I'm now out of ideas.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Trying to think of something positive to say about Oli McBurnie ....

Em ..... well he was unlucky to hit the bar in two consecutive games ......

Um ..... and he scored his penalty against the Serbs when we all thought he'd screw it up ......

I'm now out of ideas.

One of the worst players I think we’ve ever had. Also an arsehole.

Dont think he will ever get a call up again. Thankfully 

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

It was quite a while ago actually. I think he scored 0 goals in the championship not so long ago also. 

Hes not been fully fit since he pulled out of our squad ages ago. Word in Sheffield is he has finally grown up and putting in a lot of effort in training. Probably realised he will be on the dole soon if he doesn't buck up his ideas. 

41 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hes not been fully fit since he pulled out of our squad ages ago. Word in Sheffield is he has finally grown up and putting in a lot of effort in training. Probably realised he will be on the dole soon if he doesn't buck up his ideas. 

He's scored 3 goals in the last 2 and a bit years. (That includes yesterday's goal) 16 caps for scotland and 0 goals. He's had 1 season where he got into double figures. 

If it weren't for that 1 good season in 19/20 we'd never have uttered his name. I'd be shocked if he becomes a regular squad member again.

Edited by Tartan blood

4 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

He's scored 3 goals in the last 2 and a bit years. (That includes yesterday's goal) 16 caps for scotland and 0 goals. He's had 1 season where he got into double figures. 

If it weren't for that 1 good season in 19/20 we'd never have uttered his name. I'd be shocked if he becomes a regular squad member again.

I'd agree with this especially as we have plenty of other strikers clearly ahead of him in the pecking order such as Dykes, Adams, Stewart, Christie, Fraser and even Shankland and Burke.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I'd agree with this especially as we have plenty of other strikers clearly ahead of him in the pecking order such as Dykes, Adams, Stewart, Christie, Fraser and even Shankland and Burke.

Exactly. Stewart, I would say, is the one most similar to McBurnie and is already out-scoring him in the same league.

Burke, although hasn't scored much in the last few years, has far better attributes that we could utilise than McBurnie has. Plus, he isn't an out and out striker anyway.

12 hours ago, ProudScot said:

It was quite a while ago actually. I think he scored 0 goals in the championship not so long ago also. 

Don't split hairs, it was only three years ago.

Christ, this guy really gets under some people's skin on here! No one's suggesting he should be in the next squad but a tiny bit of good news for one of our players and people are still slagging him. 🤣

Under 18s prem.

It seems that the Scottish lads are really looking impressive at this level, apparently to good for the level.

Ben Doak was again brilliant as Liverpool won 4-2. 

Rory Wilson got a double in Villas win.

Dire Mebude has again started the season off as the best player at this level.

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Adams is the only one close to international class, in fact he is. 

Burke of the bench In the right circumstances could be too. 

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Adams is the only one close to international class, in fact he is. 

Burke of the bench In the right circumstances could be too. 

Exactly. Our forward options are a very mediocre bunch. Mcburnie wouldn't need to score many more goals before he'd be back in with a shout of making the squad. 

Recent history suggests the chances of him going on a scoring spree are very low though. 

5 hours ago, scotlad said:

Don't split hairs, it was only three years ago.

Christ, this guy really gets under some people's skin on here! No one's suggesting he should be in the next squad but a tiny bit of good news for one of our players and people are still slagging him. 🤣

Exactly kinda sad.  The guys career the last couple of years had certainly stagnated in part due to his own indiscipline but he is only 26 so no reason with the right attitude he can't become a prolific scorer again at Championship level. If that happens & it leads to him being considered for selection again it'll be merited so good luck to him. 

4 hours ago, syecosse said:

Under 18s prem.

It seems that the Scottish lads are really looking impressive at this level, apparently to good for the level.

Ben Doak was again brilliant as Liverpool won 4-2. 

Rory Wilson got a double in Villas win.

Dire Mebude has again started the season off as the best player at this level.

All great to hear 👌

Was watching Soccer Saturday & Rambo McInally was covering the Blackpool - Bristol City game, Tommy Conway a 20 year old Bristol City academy graduate scored his 5th goal of season & Rambo said he'd heard he could be eligible for Scotland. 

Guess we might find out come the next under 21 squad announcement. 

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Lewis Fiorini unfortunately out of action for several weeks with a hamstring injury.

That's a pity, he's started the season really well.

2 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Exactly kinda sad.  The guys career the last couple of years had certainly stagnated in part due to his own indiscipline but he is only 26 so no reason with the right attitude he can't become a prolific scorer again at Championship level. If that happens & it leads to him being considered for selection again it'll be merited so good luck to him. 

He did need to grow up a wee bit but the vitriol towards him is bizarre. It's not as if we're overburdened with brilliant players, especially up front. If anything we should be hoping he does screw the nut and starts to fulfill his potential 

15 minutes ago, scotlad said:

He did need to grow up a wee bit but the vitriol towards him is bizarre. It's not as if we're overburdened with brilliant players, especially up front. If anything we should be hoping he does screw the nut and starts to fulfill his potential 

That's a good point. If he does fulfil his potential, to the point that he's once a gain challenging for a place in the squad, then I'd be delighted for him. (I have to say, I've always thought McBurnie looks  the type of striker defenders hate to play against: with his ability to win aerial duels,  and his deceptively good ball control/ball shielding for someone who looks  so gangly and uncoordinated).

By the way, does anyone know how Tierney got on today for Arsenal?

5 minutes ago, mcguffin said:

That's a good point. If he does fulfil his potential, to the point that he's once a gain challenging for a place in the squad, then I'd be delighted for him. (I have to say, I've always thought McBurnie looks  the type of striker defenders hate to play against: with his ability to win aerial duels,  and his deceptively good ball control/ball shielding for someone who looks  so gangly and uncoordinated).

By the way, does anyone know how Tierney got on today for Arsenal?

Tierney went off after an hour.

Mcburnie ls surprisingly good at defending.

Leon King has been involved in 3 of the last 3 Rangers match, apparently has done well when on.

Tom Mcintyre has been a regular in the starting line out in Readings impressive start to the season.

Dom Hyam looks like he is off to Blackburn, Coventry have accepted a bid, Coventry fans are not happy.