Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 108 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

10 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Disgree. As has been said on here a few times already, a team is about the sum of its parts rather than individuals. McGregor, Gilmour and McGinn is our strongest midfield unit and it won't be broken up just to fit a form player in and Clarke won't change the formation either.

we will see.  Jack and Mctominay are playing better than mcgregor and gilmour.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

we will see.  Jack and Mctominay are playing better than mcgregor and gilmour.

Not for Scotland they aren't ,  just think we have a midfield that really compliments each other,and when they play together again they will feel comfortable and positive because ot the way they bonded before.Don't get me wrong,i like both Jack and McTominay but think it would be crazy to change what looks like a really good combination.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

He's starting to flourish at Newcastle. Shame he's not committed to Scotland 

10 out of 10 in some ratings too! Think thats twice in the last few weeks he's been given a 10, not too shabby!

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol, 10s are for guys who score hatricks imo. 

Really? Why so? I remember getting a hatrick in a game where other than putting the ball in the net 3 times I couldn't trap a bag of cement the whole game, hardly worthy of 10 out of 10 😄

50 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Most Newcastle fans are saying he looks a different player since Bruce went and that Bruce sucked the life out of him, a lot now calling him there favourite player which is a big turnaround, maybe this can also be a good thing for us. 

He was one of the best players in the league when he was playing under Howe at one point a few years ago. 

Good to see Howe's bringing out the best in Fraser again.

7 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He was one of the best players in the league when he was playing under Howe at one point a few years ago. 

Good to see Howe's bringing out the best in Fraser again.

Yes. I was beginning to worry that his career had gone of the rails after he left Bournemouth in what looked like a failed transfer.  I'm really hoping he'll be in a much better frame of mind now, and he'll make the effort to mend any broken bridges there may well be betwen him and Steve Clarke. (No guarantee he'll get his place back in the squad, but playing well will certainly help his cause?)

Talking about Newcastle Not sure much has been said but apparently Elliot Anderson has been pretty amazing while on loan at Brostol City since joining on loan from Neecastle, Apparently Eddie Howe was not happy about the level of football he was loaned at.

3 hours ago, mcguffin said:

Yes. I was beginning to worry that his career had gone of the rails after he left Bournemouth in what looked like a failed transfer.  I'm really hoping he'll be in a much better frame of mind now, and he'll make the effort to mend any broken bridges there may well be betwen him and Steve Clarke. (No guarantee he'll get his place back in the squad, but playing well will certainly help his cause?)

As a player i l;ike him,but as a character he comes over as a little selfish SHIT.

On 2/20/2022 at 11:31 AM, ceudmilefailte said:

Marshall back on the bench much as expected at QPR. Shame as his stats in his games were impressive. 

Pretty sure he would be one of the first names in the squad if starting for an SPL team

He's been terrible for QPR last two games, gifted goals in both.

I get the dislike for Gunn but ultimately past this campaign and keeper becomes a big issue again just when other areas are coming along very nicely. Gordon will surely retire at conclusion of this campaign and Marshall simply isn't good enough anymore.

In any case I think selection debate is a bit moot now as looks pretty certain the games will be postponed until June which I think is correct call.

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Talking about Newcastle Not sure much has been said but apparently Elliot Anderson has been pretty amazing while on loan at Brostol City since joining on loan from Neecastle, Apparently Eddie Howe was not happy about the level of football he was loaned at.

Brostol, coolest city in England 😂

5 hours ago, syecosse said:

Yeah it's a bit of a surprise they loaned him to league 2 with Bristol Rovers. He's atleast top end league 1 level at this age. Maybe even championship.

15 hours ago, mcguffin said:

I've said it before and will say it again, an on-form (and present) Ryan Fraser should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is one of those special players that can create something out of nothing. 

It was good to hear Clarke saying he chooses players 90% on ability, and only 10% on personality. Which makes me think he'll forgive Fraser and move on. Eddie Howe clearly has. We don't have a big enough pool to be exiling players. I really don't want a repeat of the Steven Fletcher or Barry Ferguson feuds with managers.

59 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I've said it before and will say it again, an on-form (and present) Ryan Fraser should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is one of those special players that can create something out of nothing. 

It was good to hear Clarke saying he chooses players 90% on ability, and only 10% on personality. Which makes me think he'll forgive Fraser and move on. Eddie Howe clearly has. We don't have a big enough pool to be exiling players. I really don't want a repeat of the Steven Fletcher or Barry Ferguson feuds with managers.

Nicely put. I agree with all your points.

5 hours ago, Marky said:

Speaking of guys who score hat tricks…..

I'd almost forgotten about him 🤣

Apparently Fraser Hornby - remember him? - has been featuring for Reims quite a lot recently in Ligue 1. I am not sure how well he's done though.

23 hours ago, todd said:

Really? Why so? I remember getting a hatrick in a game where other than putting the ball in the net 3 times I couldn't trap a bag of cement the whole game, hardly worthy of 10 out of 10 😄

That you, Kris?