Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 77 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

17 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Hickey scores again in Serie A, with a sweet strike with his RIGHT foot into top corner from outside the box. Now overtaken Joe Jordan as 3rd highest Scottish scorer in Serie A. Apparently 7 defenders have scored 4 or more goals this season in Europe’s top 5 leagues but Hickey the only teenager. Not 20 until next June. A big move awaits?

Clarke can’t ignore him for much longer. Interesting to see what sort of fee would be involved. The fact he’s doing it in one of the big leagues would suggest 15mill plus. 

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Hickey scores again in Serie A, with a sweet strike with his RIGHT foot into top corner from outside the box. Now overtaken Joe Jordan as 3rd highest Scottish scorer in Serie A. Apparently 7 defenders have scored 4 or more goals this season in Europe’s top 5 leagues but Hickey the only teenager. Not 20 until next June. A big move awaits?

The interview on italian tv with Hickey and his manager at the same time is worth a wee chuckle.  His manager says he should be in the senior Scotland team, when Hickey says Robertson plays in his position, he says, Robertson? He's rubbish, and has a wee laugh 

Starts for quite a few of our promising young players tonight.

In particular looking forward to seeing how Harrison Ashby for West Ham & Owen Moffat for Celtic perform. 

Also thought Micky Johnston played pretty in Sundays final, let's see if he can kick on tonight. 

Nice to hear about Hickeys goal. 

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hickey clear MoM on who scored. 3 tackles, 3 interceptions and a 91% pass success rate not to mention the goal. 

Simply has to be in thr next squad. Can play left or right wing back so perfect for a squad pick and also playing consistently well in one of the top 4 leagues.

15 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Hickeys goal is beautifully taken. 

right foot as well, appears to be very good on both foots so would be a valuable member of the squad as could cover both left back and right back 

Other day watched a few YT vids of his highlights looks decent but still a long way to go however awesome that he's playing regular first team football at a high level - got him in squad in place of O'Donnell 

1 hour ago, borojock said:

right foot as well, appears to be very good on both foots so would be a valuable member of the squad as could cover both left back and right back 

Other day watched a few YT vids of his highlights looks decent but still a long way to go however awesome that he's playing regular first team football at a high level - got him in squad in place of O'Donnell 

Yeh he looks like he could cover left and right back positions. Our full back options are really starting to blossom. 

1 hour ago, borojock said:

If you were to exclude international performances, O'Donnell would be no where near the squad. But neither would Patterson. It would be impossible to justify either of them ahead of Ralston, Hickey, or Ramsay. Fortunately for them, Clarke has seen them up close and personal in training and in Scotland games, which gives them cash in the bank. But I'd feel aggrieved if I were Hickey, Ramsay or Ralston, seeing Taylor, SOD or Patterson getting picked ahead of me.

Edited by Tartan blood

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

If you were to exclude international performances, O'Donnell would be no where near the squad. But neither would Patterson. It would be impossible to justify either of them ahead of Ralston, Hickey, or Ramsay. Fortunately for them, Clarke has seen them up close and personal in training and in Scotland games, which gives them cash in the bank. But I'd feel aggrieved if I were Hickey, Ramsay or Ralston, seeing Taylor, SOD or Patterson getting picked ahead of me.

O’Donnell has had howlers of international appearances also.

It’s an amazing position to be in to have Patterson, Ralston, Ramsay & Hickey all on the scene at the same time as up and coming full backs to complement world class players in Robertson & Tierney. 

Id have Hickey in as a 2nd place backup for both left and right wing back. The pecking order for LWB is probably Robertson then Tierney (with somebody like Cooper coming in at LCB to accomodate) and RWB is Patterson and probably atm still OdDonnell however bringing Hickey into the fold would get him involved, allow him to get used to the tactics etc and get some caps.

Hickey is some way ahead of Ralston, Ramsey and Ashby at the minute in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Id have Hickey in as a 2nd place backup for both left and right wing back. The pecking order for LWB is probably Robertson then Tierney (with somebody like Cooper coming in at LCB to accomodate) and RWB is Patterson and probably atm still OdDonnell however bringing Hickey into the fold would get him involved, allow him to get used to the tactics etc and get some caps.

Hickey is some way ahead of Ralston, Ramsey and Ashby at the minute in my opinion.

O’Donnells days are done 

11 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

O’Donnells days are done 

Ive never been a huge fan but I think he is still holding on by the skin of his teeth. He has had several top performances for us in 2021 including in the last game.

Clarke seems to operate a system where he trys to keep a settled squad until it gets to the stage where the alernative is clearly better. Not just in terms of ability but also knowing the tactics etc. 

Thats why i think he might bring Hickey into the next squad along with OdDonnell then move on from him thereafter. 

Its really positive that we have the likes of Hickey and Patterson who are ready now imo and the Ralston, Ramsey and Ashby who look promising.

43 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not sure where your getting the opinion from but his stats are very poor. 

I know a few West Ham supporters, plus if you  Google him it is pretty positive from coaches/media and Twitter is mostly positive maybe the odd fan not sure, i even check out Owen Brown who analyses a lot of the Scottish youth gives good reports on him.