Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 36 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

17 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Why?

He is the only undisputed World Class player in our squad. With the exception of Gordon, he has more caps than anyone in our squad. With the exception of Hanley, he was our best performer at the Euros. He also has more top tier medals than any player in our squad. Not to mention, he is our Captain.

He's allowed a dip in form more than anyone else. And Tierney is more likely to be dropped than he is right now.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Scot1 said:

Emploli vs Bologna starting soon. Liam Henderson starting for Empoli and Hickey for Bologna. Gotta be a long time since 2 Scots started in a Serie A match.

Binks also came on who is eligible, has previously played for Scotlands youths but last played for England u19s.

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Kerr Smith starting at CB against Celtic today, be a good test for him!

Ralston & Turnbull also start for Celtic, a lot less Scots in their team nowadays 

I am guessing by the scoreline he had a decent game? Very promising for a 16 year old to be starting at centre back against Celtic. 

15 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I am guessing by the scoreline he had a decent game? Very promising for a 16 year old to be starting at centre back against Celtic. 

He did fine. Although considering he is a 16 year old CB against Celtic a fine game, is probably closer to a great game.

United also had 21 year old Kieran Freeman at RB. Jota gave him quite a hard time though.

29 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I thought he was exceptional.

Defensively did well and was really composed on the ball, splitting the Celtic lines a number of times with forward passes.

Really looking forward to seeing how he develops with games under his belt, he could potentially play 100 league games before he becomes the same age Nathan Patterson is today. 

Really good potential.

5 hours ago, Scot1 said:

Emploli vs Bologna starting soon. Liam Henderson starting for Empoli and Hickey for Bologna. Gotta be a long time since 2 Scots started in a Serie A match.

I didn't see it but apparently Hickey had another difficult game and was subbed.

In better news, Liam Henderson had a good game in Empoli's midfield and played a part in two of their goals.

58 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I didn't see it but apparently Hickey had another difficult game and was subbed.

In better news, Liam Henderson had a good game in Empoli's midfield and played a part in two of their goals.

You'd think Henderson would be the least likely of the 2 to become a Scotland International, but stranger things have happened. If he is playing every week in Serie A, we can't ignore him. Though not exactly sure he could possibly supplant.

4 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

He is the only undisputed World Class player in our squad. With the exception of Gordon, he has more caps than anyone in our squad. With the exception of Hanley, he was our best performer at the Euros. He also has more top tier medals than any player in our squad. Not to mention, he is our Captain.

He's allowed a dip in form more than anyone else. And Tierney is more likely to be dropped than he is right now.

not sure I agree with this.  Might be tempted to play one or the other with him and tierney.

16 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Defensively did well and was really composed on the ball, splitting the Celtic lines a number of times with forward passes.

Really looking forward to seeing how he develops with games under his belt, he could potentially play 100 league games before he becomes the same age Nathan Patterson is today. 

Really good potential.

Unfortunately I think he will be sold long before he reaches Patterson’s current age. Let’s hope he picks the right club to develop in the right way. He certainly has massive potential. 16 but played like a 25 year old. Also Played Right back against Dundee to become youngest ever United player in a Dundee derby but CB is his best position but not many will play CB at Parkhead at 16 and not look out of place. 

Edited by GHfaeGTA

15 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

You'd think Henderson would be the least likely of the 2 to become a Scotland International, but stranger things have happened. If he is playing every week in Serie A, we can't ignore him. Though not exactly sure he could possibly supplant.

Aye, I know what you mean.  Longer term Hickey has more potential, and although he's had a couple of difficult games lately he'll surely learn and benefit from the experience.

As for Henderson, he certainly faces a challenge because he plays in a position where we are strongest.  However, the likes of Armstrong, Fleck and McLean are all about 30 now and struggling with form or fitness, so while I don't think Clarke will make too many new additions at this stage (unless he has to), Henderson might have an outside chance if can maintain his form.

18 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Really good potential.

As much as I'd like him to reach 80-100 games, I suspect he'll be at a top 6 academy by the end of the season. Especially considering that supposed 500k release clause.

21 hours ago, Malcolm said:

not sure I agree with this.  Might be tempted to play one or the other with him and tierney.

Which part do you disagree with? The whole of the first paragraph is inarguable. The second paragraph says Tierney is more likely to be dropped than Robertson. Up until this weekend, him and his team were the ones out of form. So, Tierney would obviously be first on the chopping block. But, of course, neither should be dropped if fit.