The news thread - Page 232 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Farage getting delusions of grandeur again...

"You’ve got to have someone who can actually walk into the Oval Office and talk face to face with an incoming President Trump.

So, half jokingly I could say me, but I can’t see them ever appointing me.

But, I would be ideal for it. I would be, I am being serious, I would be. But they need to think very hard."

image.png.43b0d311671584f116ba555f0203be45.png

9 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

Farage getting delusions of grandeur again...

"You’ve got to have someone who can actually walk into the Oval Office and talk face to face with an incoming President Trump.

So, half jokingly I could say me, but I can’t see them ever appointing me.

But, I would be ideal for it. I would be, I am being serious, I would be. But they need to think very hard."

image.png.43b0d311671584f116ba555f0203be45.png

The scary thing is that if Farage was to join the Tories with the open promise that he would get a cabinet job then the Tories could well win the next election. I think he really does have that much influence. It would all be a big gamble on how many racists and xenophobes do the Tories think they could get to vote for them?

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The scary thing is that if Farage was to join the Tories with the open promise that he would get a cabinet job then the Tories could well win the next election. I think he really does have that much influence. It would all be a big gamble on how many racists and xenophobes do the Tories think they could get to vote for them?

Could be the final nail in the coffin that the UK needs...

Shamima Begum loses appeal against the stripping of her UK citizenship. Putting politics aside should a decision made at 15 be held against her forever, impressionable teenager groomed then trafficked or threat to national security who should be left to rot? 

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Shamima Begum loses appeal against the stripping of her UK citizenship. Putting politics aside should a decision made at 15 be held against her forever, impressionable teenager groomed then trafficked or threat to national security who should be left to rot? 

Probably doing her a favour keeping her out of the UK where the options would be prison and/or constant police protection

She would also be a target for extremists

Taking into account all the circumstances I have no sympathy for her i'm afraid

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Taking into account all the circumstances I have no sympathy for her i'm afraid

I change my mind on this pretty much every time she’s in the news, it’s probably only because of her age (at the time) tho

46 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I change my mind on this pretty much every time she’s in the news, it’s probably only because of her age (at the time) tho

Aye me too

You can tell she is as thick as shite and she must have had some upbringing to be like that

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

I think the Tory Party could fracture after the GE and spawn a Trump like party with Truss, Farage, Braverman and Tice at the helm. I think this will be an interesting time.

Sounds like Germany in the 1930's 😱

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I think the Tory Party could fracture after the GE and spawn a Trump like party with Truss, Farage, Braverman and Tice at the helm. I think this will be an interesting time.

Or they regroup under Mordaunt who also appeals to the right and hates Scotland but is more presentable than Braverman, Truss, Badenoch, Patel.

This person was in government for about a decade.

This person used to travel the globe trying to get trade deals.

This woman was a remainder.

The UK media, Bank of England, OBR and IMF are a bunch of woke lefties???

Values????? She had an extramarital affair.

Edited by Rich NATA

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Former Post Office boss Paula Vennells has been formally stripped of her CBE for "bringing the honours system into disrepute", according to the Cabinet Office.

Shouldn't be the only one!!!!!!

What about the priesthood too? 😋

10 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

This person was in government for about a decade.

This person used to travel the globe trying to get trade deals.

This woman was a remainder.

The UK media, Bank of England, OBR and IMF are a bunch of woke lefties???

Values????? She had an extramarital affair.

We've all seen some unhinged politicians in the past but Truss and Braverman take it to a new level. They genuinely believe the left control everything 

36 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

We've all seen some unhinged politicians in the past but Truss and Braverman take it to a new level. They genuinely believe the left control everything 

See, I was hoping they didn't believe a word of it, but they are just willing to say any nonsense in exchange for £££££

I wouldn't like it, but it would at least explain it.

On 2/17/2024 at 10:13 AM, Ally Bongo said:

Pity it isnt the other Brian Wilson

And on cue The Scotsman have paid the cunt's cunt to do a piece on the week's events at Westminster

As you can guess it is quite something - nothing approaching reality ..but quite something

I know there is a low bar for the most despicable anti-Scot - but he is up there

Deranged

7 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Lee Anderson suspended by the Tories. I wonder if he'll jump ship and join Reform.

I would imagine he will sit tight as he and his fellow racists and loonies will be running the tories after the next election under likely Braverman as leader