The news thread - Page 228 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Navalny reported to be dead. Wonder if he tripped and fell through an open window?

Amazed he lasted as long.

I really feel for the decent Russian people, of whom I'm sure there are millions. Prisoners in a mafia state 😕

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chris Hoy being treated for cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy

He was wanting to keep it quiet however a newspaper forced his hand 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Amazed he lasted as long.

I really feel for the decent Russian people, of whom I'm sure there are millions. Prisoners in a mafia state 😕

What the UK are doing to Assange isn't really that much different, IMO. We are just more subtle about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/feb/16/brian-wilson-dementia-conservatorship-filing

Not much of a surprise perhaps but sad to read this article this morning; hadn't realised his wife had passed away in January. The last paragraph mentions a new album out in 2025 so something to look forward to.

Add Some Music to Your Day - great song and advice! 

1 hour ago, StirlingEgg said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/feb/16/brian-wilson-dementia-conservatorship-filing

Not much of a surprise perhaps but sad to read this article this morning; hadn't realised his wife had passed away in January. The last paragraph mentions a new album out in 2025 so something to look forward to.

Add Some Music to Your Day - great song and advice! 

Pity it isnt the other Brian Wilson

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

No - has he tweeted a video ?

Yes and that's where I found out about British Gas profits. I had watched it 45 mins before i saw your post so thought would take a guess

6 minutes ago, phart said:

Yes and that's where I found out about British Gas profits. I had watched it 45 mins before i saw your post so thought would take a guess

It went viral on twatter yesterday which was where i first saw it

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Is the profit purely down to the increased prices or to do with the increase in customers they've had to take on due to other companies going bust?

Would stick the title deeds on increased prices.

Dick Turpin wore a mask before he robbed folk. Cunts

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Is the profit purely down to the increased prices or to do with the increase in customers they've had to take on due to other companies going bust?

They have about 12 million customers. Less than a million of those have come from failed energy companies. Only a fraction of those will have moved over in the past year.

On 2/16/2024 at 6:57 PM, exile said:

London Overground has been split into different lines with new names and colours

A Windrush line and a Suffragette line and a Lioness line no less 😅 I kid you not

The new map

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/feb/15/london-overground-new-names-and-colours-for-six-lines-revealed

I see the Spectator is not amused, thinks it's dreadful (but what's not to like with Lionesses and Liberty?)

What could Glasgow or Edinburgh suburban rail or tram lines be called? The Red Clydeside line? The Trainspotting line?

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Centrica are a huge company so a lot of it get's moved around for various reasons as well, probably for tax purposes.

"At the weekend Anas Sarwar, the Scottish Labour leader, said there had been discussions between SNP and Labour party whips about the vote on Wednesday, but Flynn said this morning that this was not true. He said:

I have had no communication nor has my chief whip with the Labour party, it’s deeply disappointing, and I’m not entirely sure why Anas Sarwar sought to espouse that mistruth, perhaps he was spun a line by Keir Starmer to try and calm him down a little bit, because of course Anas is in support of my position in relation to an immediate ceasefire as I believe most of Scottish Labour are..."

👀

Sorry Anas, what was that you were saying earlier about 'holding Starmer to account'? 

21 minutes ago, StirlingEgg said:

"At the weekend Anas Sarwar, the Scottish Labour leader, said there had been discussions between SNP and Labour party whips about the vote on Wednesday, but Flynn said this morning that this was not true. He said:

I have had no communication nor has my chief whip with the Labour party, it’s deeply disappointing, and I’m not entirely sure why Anas Sarwar sought to espouse that mistruth, perhaps he was spun a line by Keir Starmer to try and calm him down a little bit, because of course Anas is in support of my position in relation to an immediate ceasefire as I believe most of Scottish Labour are..."

👀

Sorry Anas, what was that you were saying earlier about 'holding Starmer to account'? 

It will be interesting to see how the two Scottish Labour MPs vote on this. I have a feeling they will vote with Sir Keir or abstain. If Sarwar can't control his two Scottish Labour MPs then how is he expecting us to believe that he can "hold Sir Keir to account"